When does DVC become a Good Idea?

Login to post comments
7 posts / 0 new
cdub's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/20/2008
Posts: 3220
When does DVC become a Good Idea?

How many years in a row would you say that someone should have gone and still loved WDW before they think about DVC?

Mase's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2011
Posts: 5438

cdub wrote:
How many years in a row would you say that someone should have gone and still loved WDW before they think about DVC?

I know it was the opposite for us. We loved Disney so much that we saved money to purchase DVC. It was something my Dad wanted to do after our third trip, and I was around 12 maybe? We went one other time in the middle of it all but that was just because family wanted to go for a Christmas trip. And boy was it the worst trip ever!

__________________

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

Vettelover's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/28/2009
Posts: 4654

I really think that if you have gone 4 or 5 years in a row and still have the "Spark" for Disney then you should look into it by visiting one of their Kiosk's and scheduling a visit to DVC headquarters in SSR. I am sincere in saying that there will be NO high pressure sales used in any way, and you can see if it fits into your plans. When we purchased our points, WE went back the next year to purchase more points, they did NOT come and approach us,we went to them.

__________________

cdub's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/20/2008
Posts: 3220

Vettelover wrote:
I really think that if you have gone 4 or 5 years in a row and still have the "Spark" for Disney then you should look into it by visiting one of their Kiosk's and scheduling a visit to DVC headquarters in SSR. I am sincere in saying that there will be NO high pressure sales used in any way, and you can see if it fits into your plans. When we purchased our points, WE went back the next year to purchase more points, they did NOT come and approach us,we went to them.

I'd agree that the sales pitch isn't unpleasant at all. Although they have some flawed logic and it's best not to try to argue with them about it. laugh

Mase wrote:

I know it was the opposite for us. We loved Disney so much that we saved money to purchase DVC. It was something my Dad wanted to do after our third trip, and I was around 12 maybe? We went one other time in the middle of it all but that was just because family wanted to go for a Christmas trip. And boy was it the worst trip ever!

Have you ever tried Christmas again? We love Christmas time but nowhere near the 25th.

Mase's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2011
Posts: 5438

cdub wrote:
Mase wrote:

I know it was the opposite for us. We loved Disney so much that we saved money to purchase DVC. It was something my Dad wanted to do after our third trip, and I was around 12 maybe? We went one other time in the middle of it all but that was just because family wanted to go for a Christmas trip. And boy was it the worst trip ever!

Have you ever tried Christmas again? We love Christmas time but nowhere near the 25th.

Our favorite time is the full week after Thanksgiving. We would leave on that Sunday after and stay till that Saturday. Usually by that Sunday, all of the trees and lights are decorated for Christmas, and we just LOVE it. But this past year we went the week before, and found it less crowded, and just a tad warmer, so this year were doing the same. At least for this year. Next year we may go back to it.

As for Christmas? No... we wont do that again. We went the full week before Christmas, and it was just nuts. I hate crowds, and try to avoid them like the plague, and that was just insane. I think I would rather try to swim across the Atlantic than do that again... lol

__________________

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

Bella's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/11/2010
Posts: 3886

Gosh buying into DVC is something I've wanted to do forever but just can't make sense of for our current situation. Once our finances get stable it's something I'd totally do.

__________________

mickey Bella


Lizzy_B's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/25/2010
Posts: 3246

Bella wrote:
Gosh buying into DVC is something I've wanted to do forever but just can't make sense of for our current situation. Once our finances get stable it's something I'd totally do.

So you'll be my BLT Buddy and sneak me Top of the World (or whatever that lounge is called that I'm obsessed with?)

__________________