The 2010 Birthday And Music Parade Trip

Login to post comments
51 posts / 0 new
dsoup's picture

ZapperZ wrote:
We're almost packed and ready to leave our room at AKL.We plan on spending the day at DHS. Not sure how much we will do since it is going to be another very hot and humid day. Our plane is late in the afternoon, so we have plenty of opportunity to do other stuff.

This will be my last transmission from the Most Magical Place on Earth. I'll post more report after I get back.

Zz.

It's over so fast!

bali's picture

Wow, Zapperz, thank you for the updates and incredible pics! It's so much fun to hear updates FROM the World!! Looking forward to all the new photos and pinformation.

May 2008 CSR mickey

Brad's picture

We're back too. It's de-magicifying time for all of us. sad

ChipnDaleFan's picture

Looks like a great trip! Thank you for sharing all of those photos. It really helps build anticipation for my trip! Sorry to hear about your Wolfgang dissappointment. I hate menu changes as well! There are some places you go for one menu item!

Grovesnor offsite '93 ~ Port Orleans '94 ~ Port Orleans '95 ~ Caribbean Beach '97~ Carribbean Beach '99 ~ Caribbean Beach '00 ~ Offsite '02~ Caribbean Beach '08 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter '10 ~ Dolphin/Hilton '12-~All Star Sports '16

We flew in yesterday evening in very fine weather here in the Chicago area. Quite a big change, and this time, for the better. It was near 90 and high humidity in Orlando, while it was in the 70's and very pleasant in Chicago.

We spent our last day at DHS and did what we thought was impossible to do. We did Toy Story Mania not once, not twice, not three times, but FOUR times! Yup! In fact, we did the first two rides in a total time of less than an hour! The standby time listed the wait as 45 minutes, but when we walked in, they barely had a line. We went through it in 15 minutes. We decided to go back into the line after we did our first ride, and the line was still as short. We also lucked out because as we went through the entry point where we picked up our 3D glasses, a cast member asked us to go up a ramp that, I think, is for wheelchair or disabled guests. We bypassed all other wait lines (i.e. we didn't have to climb up the stairs) and got onto the ride right away! So in less than 1 hr, we did Toy Story Mania twice. And oh yeah, we also had a fast pass for that afternoon! It was crazy!

I did get my highest score on the ride - 161,500. I am now in the "Wildcat" category. Smile

We also did the Animation Academy. The animator actually asked the audience what they wanted to draw. Of course, *I* had to yell "Pluto!". No one objected, so we drew Pluto, which I've never done before. I'll take a snapshot of it later and post it on here. That's another character to tick off the list. I think I got all of the Fab 5 now except for Minnie.

Anyway, I'm still tired, but am about ready to go to work today. We'll see how functional I get.

Zz.

No longer an active member.

Brad's picture

ZapperZ wrote:
We flew in yesterday evening in very fine weather here in the Chicago area. Quite a big change, and this time, for the better. It was near 90 and high humidity in Orlando, while it was in the 70's and very pleasant in Chicago.

We spent our last day at DHS and did what we thought was impossible to do. We did Toy Story Mania not once, not twice, not three times, but FOUR times! Yup! In fact, we did the first two rides in a total time of less than an hour! The standby time listed the wait as 45 minutes, but when we walked in, they barely had a line. We went through it in 15 minutes. We decided to go back into the line after we did our first ride, and the line was still as short. We also lucked out because as we went through the entry point where we picked up our 3D glasses, a cast member asked us to go up a ramp that, I think, is for wheelchair or disabled guests. We bypassed all other wait lines (i.e. we didn't have to climb up the stairs) and got onto the ride right away! So in less than 1 hr, we did Toy Story Mania twice. And oh yeah, we also had a fast pass for that afternoon! It was crazy!

I did get my highest score on the ride - 161,500. I am now in the "Wildcat" category. Smile

We also did the Animation Academy. The animator actually asked the audience what they wanted to draw. Of course, *I* had to yell "Pluto!". No one objected, so we drew Pluto, which I've never done before. I'll take a snapshot of it later and post it on here. That's another character to tick off the list. I think I got all of the Fab 5 now except for Minnie.

Anyway, I'm still tired, but am about ready to go to work today. We'll see how functional I get.

Zz.

The problem with riding repeatedly is your arm gets tired! A lot of times I will nearly get a high score and I'll want to ride again to "fix" one mistake and the second time through my arm just won't have it anymore...

Here are pictures from our last day. We spent the day at DHS, and it was a lot of fun since we got to ride Toy Story Mania multiple times.

We then went straight to Toy Story Mania and rode it twice in a row, all within 45 mins, and without using any fast passes.

We then headed over to Tower of Terror.

SCREEEEEEEAMM!!!!!!!!

It was a fun way to end out trip. Now comes the tedious part - editing the video! Smile

Zz.

SpaceAce's picture

Great photo from inside the Tower!

Brad, I was going to ask the same thing -- how do you ride TSM 4 times without your arm falling off?!??!?! We can do 3 times, tops! The fourth would just have to be to watch all the pretty colors, because I'm sure our arms would feel like rubber.

Guess DW and I need to hit the gym so we can beat Zapperz' record!

[url=http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/'http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]

2010 Beach Club Resort
2005 Port Orleans Riverside
2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2007 Wilderness Lodge
2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2009 CBR/Polynesian

You guys need to lift some weights!

Smile

Zz.

I redeemed the voucher that I received as part of my volunteering work as part of the "Give a Day, Get a Disney Day" promotion. Since I am already an annual passholder, I opted for the pin set (surprise!). Along with it, they also give you a button as an honorary volunte-ear.

Here is the pin hat set that I got. It consists of 7 pins, rather than 4 pins that are given if you are a non-passholder.

Zz.

cdub's picture

ZapperZ wrote:
You guys need to lift some weights!

Smile

Zz.

You have an offseason resistance training program for TSM performance eh? You should sell that on a late-night infomercial! biggrin

I mentioned earlier that on our last day, we did the Animation Academy again, and got to draw Pluto. So here is my very first attempt at drawing Pluto.

We didn't do that much merchandise shopping this time, mainly because we didn't find that much stuff that we would want. Still, I came across this t-shirt last December, and for some reason, forgot to buy it. I was glad to come across it again at World of Disney and this time, I bought it. I'm going to wear this to work the next time the weather becomes warmer (yes, I can wear t-shirts to work!).

laugh

Zz.

admin's picture

I absolutely LOVE that shirt and the pin hat set! You came back with some treasures this time. Also, great job on pluto!

I've really enjoyed this report, Zapperz, and it's been fun to watch Donald on HIS trip as well (as always!)

bali's picture

This is awesome. I really like that pin set, Zapperz. Any idea of it's value (how many were given out?)?

How do people react to you when you wear your sarcastic Disney shirts to work? Wink

May 2008 CSR mickey

dsoup's picture

admin wrote:
I absolutely LOVE that shirt and the pin hat set! You came back with some treasures this time. Also, great job on pluto!

I've really enjoyed this report, Zapperz, and it's been fun to watch Donald on HIS trip as well (as always!)

I want that shirt!

Vettelover's picture

I don't want to be a copycat, but if those shirts are still there in Oct., I will get one for sure, I love it! And my wife says it is very appropriate for me, what do you think she means by that confused .

dsoup's picture

Vettelover wrote:
I don't want to be a copycat, but if those shirts are still there in Oct., I will get one for sure, I love it! And my wife says it is very appropriate for me, what do you think she means by that confused .

Are you sure you heard her correctly? laugh

LifeIsForLiving's picture

dsoup wrote:
Vettelover wrote:

LOL

Vettelover's picture

LifeIsForLiving wrote:
dsoup wrote:
Vettelover wrote:

LOL

What!!! HUH!!! did you say something rolling

SpaceAce's picture

Vettelover wrote:
LifeIsForLiving wrote:
dsoup wrote:
Vettelover wrote:

LOL

What!!! HUH!!! did you say something rolling

laugh We're all a bunch of nerds, you know this, right? awesome

[url=http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/'http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]

2010 Beach Club Resort
2005 Port Orleans Riverside
2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2007 Wilderness Lodge
2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2009 CBR/Polynesian