January 2012 trip filled with surprises!

Login to post comments
129 posts / 0 new

BARBARA!!!! we met her when we were the grand marshalls during the celebration parade. She was amazing! gave us such a big hug!

MrHub's picture

Well after making it back safe & sound from the Jungle Cruise, we took in a shoe at the Tiki Room!

We finished up in Adventure Land with a ride on POTC, and then headed off to Frontierland and a raft ride to Tom Sawyers Island!

It had been so long seen we were on the island, it was like descovering it again. There are some pretty cool places for kids & adults.

After our adventure on Tom Sawyers Island, we took a ride on Splash Moutain!

Didn't get too wet this time & afterwards we hopped on the train for a ride around the Magic Kingdom.
We rode all the way around back to where we started, got off and went for a boat ride on the River Boat. You can alway get some pretty good pictures from here.

Mase's picture

mrhub wrote:
Well Barbara told Tom "How about a kiss!" so Tom bent over to give Barbara a kiss and she said "not me, your wife!" Well I thought she was going to wet herself she was throwing such a fit.

But we did end up getting that kiss photo!

That is down right HILARIOUS! I love it! This is why Disney rocks! The Cast Members going our of there way to make a great day!

And I think ill have to take advantage of that bus next time. Never really thought about riding it... lol

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

MrHub's picture

There really are a lot of things you don't notice on Tam Sawyers Island unless you go there or ride the River Boat.

Next was on to the Haunted Mansion. The crowds were really pretty good these days, low to medium, but the weathers had been great!

Has anybody figured out who killed who first?

Vettelover's picture

OK Mrhub I hate to disagree with you BUT in that picture of you and scrappy on Splash Mountain you wrote that you didn't get too wet BUT that photo looks like you are soaked to the skin (as in hair soaked and plastered to your head and towel on your shoulder) and scrappy looks dry as a bone. laugh laugh How about "The rest of the story" The real story rolling rolling

MrHub's picture

I did get a little wet, but the hair is from wearing my hat , and thats a strap over my shoulder from my bag I carry around. I did get a good splash in the face, but nothing like usual.

MrHub's picture

After the Haunted Mansion, it was time for some down time before our ADR at Kona so back to the Poly we went.
Dinner at the Kona, what can I say. It was just fabulous!

For anyone that has never eaten at the Kona Cafe', from appetizer

to main course,

to dessert,

it's just good eats!

oh and can't forget this:

JoAnn C's picture

I've had breakfast at the Kona Cafe. I do want to try dinner there too.

Sammy Bizzle's picture

wow this trip looks so amazing, and i love that youre having a great time... but everytime I come read more I get hungrier and hungrier! Tongue thanks for sharing your magical vacation with us! Big smile

That's Mr. Evil Dr. Porkchop To You!

MrHub's picture

After dinner we had the last big surprise for Tom & Dell. A Wishes Fireworks Cruise.

Our Skipper was John who we have had before on one of our cruises and is a really great guy. We went around Seven sea Lagoon, across the water bridge into Bay Lake, past Wilderness Lodge, the old River Country & the "Sneaker Tree" and then back into Seven Sea Lagoon to watch the fireworks.

.be

After the fireworks we headed back to the resort for the night to rest up for another full day!

Was the "Shoe Tree" back???? Management made them remove the shoes and sneakers and stop populating the tree a few years ago.

PreviewAttachmentSize
shoetree.jpg
shoetree.jpg741.62 KB
MrHub's picture

It's still there, but no shoes on it.

Someone told me once that the Wilderness Lodge looks like a bear when light up at night. Wow! Your picture really shows that. Awesome!

I love your photos!

I am in the pre-planning stages of a trip with my S.O. who is skeptical of the meal plan. I think I will show him your pics to try and convince him!! laugh

We are big sushi lovers and the sushi looks amazing!!!

MrHub's picture

zettarooski wrote:
I love your photos!

I am in the pre-planning stages of a trip with my S.O. who is skeptical of the meal plan. I think I will show him your pics to try and convince him!! laugh

We are big sushi lovers and the sushi looks amazing!!!

Thanks zettarooski! The meal plan is great, but can be a lot of food if you do the Deluxe meal plan. We are actually not doing it on our next trip, going to try "Tables in Wonderland".

Jess's picture

Of course it all looks amazing from the fun with the cast members to the food....Never thought of doing Kona Cafe before but it looks pretty yummy so may have to look into it Smile

MrHub's picture

Wow I gotta get back to this!

Since Mrhub seems to be taking an intermission with this trip report I thought I would go ahead and post pictures of my FINISHED scrapbook of the trip. This one is the first small one I have done. I actually did two exactly alike so I can give Tom & Del one. I thought the small size would be easier to do but now that I have tried it I think the larger ones are easier to work with. With the smaller size you either get one picture per page or you have to crop. I do not normally mind cropping pictures but Disney pictures are harder to do without losing all the detail.

Scrapbook part 2

Mase's picture

awesome

That was a great Scrapbook Scrappy!

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

Vettelover's picture

That is indeed a nice piece of work Scrappy.

Jessi5989's picture

I meant to tell you guys...when we were at MK last Wednesday, Barbara came out before rope drop and was running around talking to everyone. She came up to me and said 'WELL GOOD MORNING PRINCESS!!!!' I immediately recognized her and told my boyfriend that I would have to tell everyone on here about it. yay yay

Kris1971's picture

Scrappy, that scrapbook is AMAZING! You are very talented!

Jess's picture

Scrappy, from one expert scrapbooker to another....It looks great Smile

I was also thinking about this the other day....When we get together in November I'm going to have a hard time calling you by your real names and not calling you scrappy and Mr.hub...LOL

macdamron's picture

Those are beautiful! I need to catch up before my next trip! I love how simple and elegant your pages are!

MrHub's picture

Okay, Wednesday we woke up to another beautiful day at WDW.

This was probably the first day Del really didn't feel real good. Had a bad night sleeping. We cancelled our ADR for breakfast (Boma, sad ) and just got something at Captain Cook's, then decided to do some laundry cause Del wanted to sleep in some. This gave me a chance to investigate the resort some and goof off with pictures and what not while scrappy watched Mickey Mouse shows in the laundry room.

Closer to lunch Tom & Del where ready and out so we headed over to the Animal Kingdom Lodge. They had never seen this before and its always impressive no matter how many times you see it!.

Kris1971's picture

More please!

Awesome scrapbook, scrappy!!! What a great memory book for you and them clapping

I love that book - did you get it at WDW or locally?

I think I agree about the book size - I have a lot more flexibility with the larger ones to get the pages the way I want. Because Lord knows I save and incorporate *everything*. laugh laugh

Jess's picture

Great pictures Smile You know all of the years we have stayed at AKL I have never seen that thing on the outside with the leaves growing up it....I just think we have never come in those doors.

Thanks for all the kind words about my scrapbook. I love every minute of doing them! Jeff, I did get the books in Disney. I got them at the World of Disney in DTD but I saw them on Main Street in the Emporium too. I think they did have the same one in the larger 12x12 size. It was the first time I saw it so they should still have it when you go.