2012 DFB Holiday Cupcake Crawl

Login to post comments
36 posts / 0 new
Kristen K.'s picture
2012 DFB Holiday Cupcake Crawl

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/12/18/food-challenge-the-2012-dfb-holiday-cupcake-crawl/

Have you seen this? Who's up to the challenge?
What are your thoughts? Have you tried any of these? My son would go nuts for the Egg Nog Cupcake!

Vettelover's picture

2 reasons prevent me from doing this, first my diabetes and secondly I have recently lost 56 lbs. and I am fighting like crazy to loose another 15 but it's getting harder and harder to loose, with those I would put it all back on. yuck

MrHub's picture

Vettelover wrote:
2 reasons prevent me from doing this, first my diabetes and secondly I have recently lost 56 lbs. and I am fighting like crazy to loose another 15 but it's getting harder and harder to loose, with those I would put it all back on. yuck

Congrats Vettelover on the lose! awesome

crazycatperson's picture

I wouldn't do it. First, I prefer savories to sweets. I'll indulge in an occasional dessert at WDW (or elsewhere), but I usually prefer to snack on something like popcorn, eggrolls, sushi, or French bread. Second, those cupcakes would do a serious number on my cholesterol.

Allie's picture

crazycatperson wrote:
I wouldn't do it. First, I prefer savories to sweets. I'll indulge in an occasional dessert at WDW (or elsewhere), but I usually prefer to snack on something like popcorn, eggrolls, sushi, or French bread. Second, those cupcakes would do a serious number on my cholesterol.

This exactly. I like a sweet now and then, but I much prefer savory. I would take an appetizer with my meal over a dessert with my meal any day of the week, so a cupcake crawl might be a bit much for me.

Congrats on the weight loss, vette!

The Cookie Crumbler's picture

A lot of them sound too sweet for me, and I'm not a fan of mint when it's in a creamy texture like butter-cream. So I'd have to pass as well.

Fellow Americans, I hear your tambourines inside my head and that's no lie!

Becca1005

Allie wrote:
crazycatperson wrote:

This exactly. I like a sweet now and then, but I much prefer savory. I would take an appetizer with my meal over a dessert with my meal any day of the week, so a cupcake crawl might be a bit much for me.

Congrats on the weight loss, vette!

Ditto! Don't get me wrong, you put dessert in front of me and I'm going to eat it (unless it has coconut in it yuck ). But given a choice I'll almost always choose an app or more bread over dessert. DH thinks I'm strange....no idea where he gets that impression.... laugh

And yes! Congratulations on the weight loss, vette! awesome

disneydoc's picture

Well I would personlly love to down every one of those cupcakes, but I must concur wihth others....terrible for my waistline, cholesterol, and general wellbeing. I LOVE cupcakes, and have to try to control myself when I go to WDW as it is...they just call out to me. Especially that red velvet with cream cheese icing one... mickey

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker DIStickers.com Ticker

I just re-read it and counted. 10 cupcakes?! Wow. Even with the minis if you counted two of them towards one, that's like 8 regular sized cupcakes. That's a lot of cupcakes! eek

Kristen K.'s picture

It's a TON of cupcakes! I can't do that much sugar, I would be so ill.

Okay, here's one that might be a little healthier... maybe. The Turkey Crawl

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/11/21/dfb-holiday-challenge-introducing-the-2012-disney-turkey-crawl/

angels444's picture

The Cookie Crumbler wrote:
I just re-read it and counted. 10 cupcakes?! Wow. Even with the minis if you counted two of them towards one, that's like 8 regular sized cupcakes. That's a lot of cupcakes! eek

I did 18 full size in 10 days and with all the walking I didn't gain a pound during my trip.

I am game but someone would have to fly me out there. yay

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker Free Disney Tickers

angels444 wrote:
The Cookie Crumbler wrote:

I did 18 full size in 10 days and with all the walking I didn't gain a pound during my trip.

I am game but someone would have to fly me out there. yay

Impressive! awesome

Kristen K.'s picture

angels444 wrote:

awesome You are the Cupcake Queen!

crazycatperson's picture

Kristen K. wrote:
It's a TON of cupcakes! I can't do that much sugar, I would be so ill.

Okay, here's one that might be a little healthier... maybe. The Turkey Crawl

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/11/21/dfb-holiday-challenge-introducing-the-2012-disney-turkey-crawl/

This I could do spread out over three days. And I would skip the turkey-shaped krispie treat.

Vettelover wrote:

Woo! Congrats VL! That's awesome! Though I think I found a few of those pounds....

I would be up for it!! They all sound good to me!

Vettelover wrote:

This is wonderful! I know how hard it is to do!

And as much as I LOVE me a cupcake, I couldn't do this, either. Yes, healthy, watching what I eat, blah blah blah, but seriously, those 10 cupcakes would cut into my CHEESEPLATE space!! muchlove

Give me a couple snacks of the best 'cakes spread out over my week, a dole whip or two, and bring on the awesome meals, the cheese, and World Showcase Lunch crawl over a couple of days. I want to taste it all!!

yay

If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
J. R. R. Tolkien

angels444's picture

JeffC wrote:
Vettelover wrote:

Woo! Congrats VL! That's awesome! Though I think I found a few of those pounds....

I would be up for it!! They all sound good to me!

I may not have gained any but they found J. He found four.

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker Free Disney Tickers

Miss Mikki's picture

Hello! I got so inspired by this thread about the cupcake crawl and it is going to be a while until our next Disney trip so... I decided to bake my own Magic Kingdom inspired cupcakes. These are Adventureland, inspired by POTC. They are ginger and caribbean spiced cupcakes with real rum frosting. They taste great but I think the decorations need to be a bit brighter maybe some candy jewels and bright cupcake cases? Let me know what you think.
PS. I wasn't sure how to rotate the image so it is the right way up?

PreviewAttachmentSize
image.jpg
image.jpg261.51 KB

no ticker Sad

Miss Mikki's picture

These are inspired by Tomorrowland. They are a dark chocolate orange cake with light orange frosting. They have glitter, popping candy and space inspired edible decorations. clapping

PreviewAttachmentSize
image.jpg
image.jpg270.25 KB

no ticker Sad

Miss Mikki's picture

And these were for my nephew's first birthday.

PreviewAttachmentSize
image.jpg
image.jpg242.76 KB

no ticker Sad

Miss Mikki, those look excellent! Spice cakes are my favorite, so I'm really digging the Adventureland ones. Did you use a spiced rum for the frosting?

Miss Mikki's picture

Hi Cookie Crumbler, thank you for your comments. I used Sailor Jerrys Spiced Rum. Yum!

no ticker Sad

MrHub's picture

They do all look great!

Vettelover's picture

Wow you people are not making it easy for me, those all look deeeeelicious. awesome

finngirl's picture

Those look awesome! yay

Diana

Time marches on. Eventually you realize it's doing it across your face.

Fabulous cakes! The rum frosting. . . Bowl and a spoon, please? clapping

If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
J. R. R. Tolkien

Jess's picture

Yummy Smile

Miss Mikki's picture

Okay, one more! I made these today (Christmas Eve). They are dark sticky gingerbread cupcakes with lemon glace icing. Can you spot the not-so-hidden Mickey!

PreviewAttachmentSize
image.jpg
image.jpg260.04 KB

no ticker Sad

They look scrumptious Miss Mikki. I have my "famous" apricot bread baking in the oven. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Miss Mikki's picture

Ooh! Apricot bread sounds delicious! Merry Christmas to you too pirate girl.

no ticker Sad

GINGERBREAD WITH LEMON GLAZE!!! yeah yeah
I LOVE gingerbread!!! Especially the soft, sticky cake-y kind! Ginger/molasses cookies are hands down my MOST fav in the world, especially if they are chewy! Of course I wouldn't say no to a gingersnap . . .

Miss Mikki . . . You're killing me! laugh

J. R. R. Tolkien