Anyone else planning for 2014??

Login to post comments
73 posts / 0 new

I'm going in January/February for 15 nights/16 days. I'll be call Pop Century home during this trip or at least that's the plan at the moment.

The Colonel's picture

I looked at the calendar and I'm figuring on 10 days at the end of Sept/beginning of Oct. but I have three trips coming before that.

See my Disney Photography at...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

DVC owner since 2002 BCV/BWV/BLT/VGC

DisneyDee27's picture

J.P. wrote:
There are lots of amazing trip plans here! I'm looking at a 2014 Southern Caribbean Disney Cruise in the autumn of 2014. It will be my first adult trip without going to WDW since the cruise will leave from Puerto Rico.

We're booked on the Sept. 27th out of PR which happens to be my birthday Smile woohoo
however we might switch to the last Southern cruise in mid october. depends on my better half's school schedule. either way i'm celebrating my bday onboard muchlove

Member of the 6 castle club and working to pay for my next Disney vacations: 1/5-10/18, September 2018 for my 50th and 2018 the year of Disney cruising.

Vettelover's picture

We're starting to toss around Feb. or Mar. of 2014, but they are strictly in the "thinking of it" stage

Kristen K.'s picture

I'm got reservation for a Land/Sea in February 2014. After we get back from Disney next weekend I can really start my planning.

Eeyore's picture

jay58sea wrote:
Just joined this site and was checking things out when I saw your post about 2014. We are planning a March 2014 trip with our 2 adult children. Our daughter graduates from college in 2014 and wanted a return trip to WDW as a graduation present. This will be our second trip but the first one in 2002 she didn't really do any of the big thrill attractions (i.e. Rock N' Roller Coaster) and wanted a second chance! Our son graduated from college in 2011 and didn't really get a graduation present like this so this will be sort of a double graduation present. I know we are going during a Spring Break time and it will probably be busy but we figure that the weather will be cooler than in the summer so we would be able to tolerate big crowds and still enjoy ourselves in the cooler temperatures. Ever since the trip date got under a year, I have been trying to do what "pre-planning" I can. I am sure my family thinks I am crazy doing it so far in advance, but I can't help myslef-lol-so I am right there with you in LOOOOOOOOOOOONG range planning! laugh

That's nice! My mom and dad took me to WDW for my Master's graduation! It was so fun!

JMUDukz's picture

Debating the Glass Slipper Challenge for 2014. Not sure if I can swing a 3rd Disney trip within 6 months (although I may try...). But I hate running in the winter, so this could be good motivation to keep up after Wine and Dine half. I have until Tuesday to churn on it!!

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Kristen K.'s picture

JMUDukz wrote:
Debating the Glass Slipper Challenge for 2014.

I'm so bummed. Tori and I just don't have the money to register next week, so if these events sell out fast we're not going to be able to do the races. I think we may try and volunteer though!

We are booked for a trip in April 2014. It will be our fifth wedding anniversary. We usually go twice a year but decided we need to fix our basement and get a few touch ups around the house done. The app on my phone says 297 days til we leave for Florida!!

JMUDukz's picture

Kristen K. wrote:
JMUDukz wrote:
Debating the Glass Slipper Challenge for 2014.

I'm so bummed. Tori and I just don't have the money to register next week, so if these events sell out fast we're not going to be able to do the races. I think we may try and volunteer though!

That would be awesome!!! These races would not be possible without volunteers (or shall I say, voluntEARS?), and volunteers are so underappreciated. Bonus for Disney, you get volunteer credits towards park tickets. If you do volunteer, you'll have to let me know where on the course you are (guess that means, I've decided to register!!).

WDWfanatic's picture

My Husband only gets 3 weeks vacation. We live in the Atlanta area, my family is in Northern California. So, we go to Cali once a year. Every other year we go for 2 weeks and then just do 1 trip to WDW. The other years we take 2 trips to WDW and only 1 week with my parents.

Before I continue, I am planning on, during our 2 weeks in Cali in 2014, starting with 3 or 4 days at DL and then heading up to Sacramento. So I will have a minor filler in there.

2014 is our 2 week Cali year. I am having to decide if we want to go to WDW in Jan or in the Fall. Since I am at my 7 Month window for a Winter trip, I am thinking that we will wait until Sep/Oct. I have some medical bills to pay off first. BLAH!

BUT! By not doing our ONE 2014 trip in January, by the time January gets here, we will only be 8 or 9 Months away from our next trip.

If we do the trip in January, and it is our only WDW trip for the year, then it will be 12 Months before we can get back there! I want my 12 Month abyss to start in Oct 2013 instead of Jan 2014. Does this make sense to anyone but me?

Never fear, we will take 2 trips in 2015, a Jan trip AND either a MNSSHP or MVMCP trip. I still have time to decide on that. wink

Tammi

New member here...trip all booked for February 2014...can't wait. All plans made, just counting down the days.

Allie's picture

Hi and welcome Mike!

MrHub's picture

Hello Mike and welcome to WDWForGrownups! Why don't you jump over to the Introduce yourself thread and tell us a little more about yourself.

DisneyDee27's picture

We switched cruises, now it'll be oct 11-20, 2014 then a few F & W days post cruise. We have a 7 night on the Fantasy in June not sure about parks for that trip

Member of the 6 castle club and working to pay for my next Disney vacations: 1/5-10/18, September 2018 for my 50th and 2018 the year of Disney cruising.

IsabelSnow

Planning for March 2014 for Disneymoon. Not booked yet. Still not sure if doing a value or moderate resort.

Magic Mirror's picture

Well...Amy said no Disney next year. HA! I am already secretly planning on how to fit in at least an extended weekend for MNSSHP!

Me and my fiance are getting married in May of 2014 and we'll being doing a Disneymoon for two whole weeks! We check into the Beach Club Resort on May-4 and we check out on May-18! I can't wait! Has anyone here ever stayed at Beach Club and if so, did you like it? I have been reading mixed reviews and am a little concerned because we picked this place because of Stormalong Bay and the location to Epcot, so I would greatly appreciate any reviews. Also, what would be some tips for a great honeymoon?

Kristen K.'s picture

2 Weeks sounds amazing Pinkie - I'm sure you'll have an awesome time!

Honeymoon tips from me include - France & Morocco at night, Wishes Fireworks, Sleep in and order room service for breakfast. mickey

My sister and I are doing a long weekend trip this October- all the planning and research has led us to the wonderful world of renting DVC points. We tried to get some for October, but of course there was nothing available with 6 weeks notice(which we kinda figured). So now we put in another request to go in May- we should find out if it goes through in just a few weeks(that 7 month window) and if so, WDW here we come! (again...)

Also, we're doing a whole family trip September of 2014- almost exactly a YEAR away! waiting

designedbydisney's picture

October 2014 for 14 nights, I'm planning now.

Nancy D's picture

Miss Mikki wrote:
Kristen K. wrote:
Miss Mikki wrote:
I would love to do the princess half marathon in 2014, but suddenly it is less than a year away, maybe 2015...

Miss Mikki, if I can do it you can do it! There are 50 Training weeks left!

Ok, I probably could fitness and training wise, but how do I convince my husband that we need another Disney trip (travelling from UK) only 3 months after our 2 week November trip, when finances are tight? Please give me some really good suggestions!

Because it's on your Bucket List!! He wouldn't want to stand in the way of your ticking off something on your Bucket List, would he? Wink

Actually, one of the half-marathons has recently been added to my personal Bucket List, so fingers crossed that that's what I'll be doing the next time I enter the Gates of Disney World! That's been my motivation: IF I can train hard enough to be able to do at LEAST one of the 10-milers, then I can allow myself a Disney trip in the next year or two. Wink

Welcome, Jay!! Smile

Revroy's picture

Mid January 2014 Can't wait! clapping

MrHub's picture

FYI, Disney Visa Cardholders discount came out yesterday:

Mase's picture

We always go in November for our main trip with my parents. Next year since were before Thanksgiving... we will be going after Thanksgiving in 2014. No second trip for next year since at least Jess and I will have gone for 3 weeks this year. My wallet needs a break! Daddy wants a new TV for the living room or bedroom! LOL

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

yay YES!! Already planning! We are planning for the Wine and Dine half next year! crossfingers

Mase's picture

cydas wrote:
yay YES!! Already planning! We are planning for the Wine and Dine half next year! crossfingers

Very cool! And welcome cydas to WDW4G!

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

JanJ's picture

Thanks for the update mrhub - that means the room discounts should be out soon on the WDW website! clapping clapping

CdnSquirrel's picture

I'm hoping to go in the fall of 2014, mid-October and am in the early stages of planning.

YES! We just bought DVC, so I have a feeling we'll always be planning a trip!

On the slate for long-range planning is a week at the end of September. We should have our points sometime in the next week or so. Actual dates will be planned then. We'll have additional points left so that will mean probably mean a quick trip somewhere if we don't decide to bank them for 2015. Maybe Hilton Head since that's not too far for us and is doable for a long weekend.

And, on the really, really long-range planning list - Hawaii for 2015! It's our 10th year anniversary so we're hoping we can work that out. If not, we'll be doing it for our 15th in 2020 for sure.

It would be too depressing to me, at this point, if I didn't have some kind of plans in the works!!