JanJ and KenJ's April 2015 Trip Report

Login to post comments
299 posts / 0 new
JanJ's picture
JanJ and KenJ's April 2015 Trip Report

Well, we are down to 45 days today and we are getting excited. This winter has been way too long. waiting

We are headed to Miami on April 11th as Ken has a work conference until the 15th. Since we will bethisclose to WDW and our annual passes are still good, we decided to spend 9 nights in The World before heading home. We had originally booked POR to help keep the cost down, but we changed that last weekend. Ken was looking on the WDW site at the specials for April and saw that The Poly had released more rooms for the spring room only offer. Needless to say, I got on the phone right away and was able to change our reservation. biggrin

We are only staying in a standard room, but we'll take it. It is so hard to go back to moderate now. wink

Anyway, FP's are booked and we have dinner reservations for Narcoossee's (first time there), Cali Grill and Via Napoli so far. We're also thinking of doing the Backstage Magic tour again, but nothing is booked yet. Did I say we are trying to keep costs down?? laugh

We're very excited to see the F&G Festival too and try some of the eats and drinks. Our first trip to WDW together was in April 2010 and we don't recall anything about the festival, so it'll all be new. Ken will have his camera ready and we'll post as we go. Now, just to get through the next 6 weeks of work. mickey

Magic Mirror's picture

HOORAY! for More Disney !!!!!
yay

Kris1971's picture

Completely and utterly jealous! Have a blast!

JMed's picture

I will just miss you! We arrive on the 24th. Have fun! Can't wait to see more pictures!

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

JanJ's picture

JMed wrote:
I will just miss you! We arrive on the 24th.

I saw that - too bad, we fly home on the 24th. Maybe next time our paths will cross? wink

Spook's picture

Hurray for more Disney! I can't wait for your pictures of the F&G festival. I'd like to check it out some year mickey

amy1989's picture

yay for more Disney!!!! cant wait to here all about it!

MrHub's picture

Well I'm sure you can cope with 6 more weeks with this trip to look forward to! The pool will be done at the Poly, Trader Sam's May be open to you you will have to watch for that and see if you can get in. crossfingers for another Upgrade! And Scrappy says she will be expecting daily pictures from the Poly!

93boomer's picture

Yayyy for another trip!!! Can't wait to see those gorgeous pictures!

Allie's picture

Take lots of Poly pics please! It was all walls and construction when we were there last! And have an awesome time! yay

disneydoc's picture

How awesome! Missing you guys by only one day! sad

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker DIStickers.com Ticker

MrHub wrote:
Well I'm sure you can cope with 6 more weeks with this trip to look forward to! The pool will be done at the Poly, Trader Sam's May be open to you you will have to watch for that and see if you can get in. crossfingers for another Upgrade! And Scrappy says she will be expecting daily pictures from the Poly!

That's great to hear about the pool and potentially Trader Sam's. Will definitely check them out!

Haha... yeah wouldn't that just be awesome if another upgrade would happen. crossfingers

Oh, I'll be sure to take daily shots at the Poly. The resort is very photogenic for sure! mickey

I'll be sure to take plenty of pics on this trip. With the stay at the Poly and F&G going on, there will be plenty of opportunity for "new" photos. I'm planning on bringing a few lenses this time. The last trip was all taken with my small camera and 40mm lens.

Probably will take some shots in Miami beach too since we'll be there at the beginning and is the reason we'll be in Florida to begin with.

alicemouse's picture

Hooray for more PhotgraphyByKen! clapping

Sounds like a great trip. AP's are basically the best thing ever, right?

Be good at something. It makes you valuable. Have something to bring to the table because that will make you more welcome. --Randy Pausch

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:
December 2013: 10th Anniversary, 1st DVC Stay | April 2014: Birthday on the Boardwalk | May 2014: Star Wars Weekend, Navigating WDW with a wheelchair | August 2014: Villains Unleashed | September/October 2014: MNSSHP, F&W, Tower of Terror 10-miler | March/April 2015: Disneyland and California Coastal Cruise | November 2015: Wine & Dine Half, Food & Wine, 1st Disney Cruise | February 2016: Presidential Classic Gymnastics Meet | March 2016: "Work" Trip, Tours, F&G Festival | April 2016: Conference at Disneyland | Fall 2016: Festive Fall Fun | January 2017: Festival of the Arts | May 2017: AbD Backstage Magic | July 2017: AbD San Francisco | Sorry I had to give up doing trip reports. Too many time commitments right now.

alicemouse wrote:
Hooray for more PhotgraphyByKen! clapping

Sounds like a great trip. AP's are basically the best thing ever, right?

Absolutely! The AP plus the TiW card are just perfect.

Eeyore's picture

Awesome! You will love Narcoossee's! It is wonderful. Can't wait to see your photos of the Poly! awesome

Eeyore wrote:
Awesome! You will love Narcoossee's! It is wonderful. Can't wait to see your photos of the Poly! awesome

Thanks, Eeyore! We're really looking forward to the new experiences of staying at the Poly and having dinner at Narcoossee's. It should be a fun first day as we will check in at the Poly, then head to Narcoossee's and then MK after that. mickey

Miss Mikki's picture

Eeyore wrote:

Ditto! We have sometimes been disappointed by signature dining but Narcoosees blew us away. Food, drinks, service, they hit everything right with us when we went. Fabulous!!! And I also look forward to seeing your photos.

no ticker Sad

"Our tour begins here..."

Just about to head to the airport to catch our flight to Miami. It's 2 degrees C (35F) here right now and supposed to be 32C (89F) in Miami today. Really looking forward to that.

4 days in Miami and then we fly to Orlando to jump on the ME and check in at the Poly on Wednesday!

mickey

alicemouse's picture

KenJ wrote:
"Our tour begins here..."

Just about to head to the airport to catch our flight to Miami. It's 2 degrees C (35F) here right now and supposed to be 32C (89F) in Miami today. Really looking forward to that.

4 days in Miami and then we fly to Orlando to jump on the ME and check in at the Poly on Wednesday!

mickey

yay have a fabulous trip!!

Be good at something. It makes you valuable. Have something to bring to the table because that will make you more welcome. --Randy Pausch

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:
December 2013: 10th Anniversary, 1st DVC Stay | April 2014: Birthday on the Boardwalk | May 2014: Star Wars Weekend, Navigating WDW with a wheelchair | August 2014: Villains Unleashed | September/October 2014: MNSSHP, F&W, Tower of Terror 10-miler | March/April 2015: Disneyland and California Coastal Cruise | November 2015: Wine & Dine Half, Food & Wine, 1st Disney Cruise | February 2016: Presidential Classic Gymnastics Meet | March 2016: "Work" Trip, Tours, F&G Festival | April 2016: Conference at Disneyland | Fall 2016: Festive Fall Fun | January 2017: Festival of the Arts | May 2017: AbD Backstage Magic | July 2017: AbD San Francisco | Sorry I had to give up doing trip reports. Too many time commitments right now.

Vettelover's picture

Have a great time. yay

Mrferret's picture

Have a great time awesome

Howdy Y'all
https://www.facebook.com/matthew.tucker1
Caution Content May be inappropriate

May/June 2016 Magic cruise to Norway
2017 Prtugal wedding adventures
2018 Alskan disney cruise ??
2019 Florida

yay yay yay
Have a wonderful time. Cant wait to see reports from the Poly!!!

Spook's picture

Have a great time? Safe travels mickey

oHIo's picture

Can't wait to see pics and read T/Rs! We are checking into Poly on 5/18! muchlove

Kris1971's picture

I'll be in Epcot for the afternoon/evening of the 16th! I'm in Orlando for a work meeting but found a way to squeeze one night in at WDW! I'll keep an eye out for you!

The Colonel's picture

Enjoy teh World!

See my Disney Photography at...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

DVC owner since 2002 BCV/BWV/BLT/VGC

Thanks everyone!

The weather in Miami is awesome! Had a great dinner at a dockside restaurant called Tradewinds last night in the Bayside area. We enjoyed our delicious meals while watching the cruise ships leave port. I had a crab stuffed snapper with pasta that was really good accompanied by a frozen margarita or two.

I kinda wish I was on one of those cruise ships though. LOL.

JMed's picture

KenJ wrote:

I kinda wish I was on one of those cruise ships though. LOL.

Don't we all!!! Looks beautiful! Can't wait to see more pictures! Have fun!

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

MrHub's picture

Safe travels and have an awesome trip

Today involved some sightseeing on the Duck Tours amphibious bus/boat. We've never been on one of these before and it was really cool to just literally drive into the ocean. We spent about 2 hours on it and it was really interesting.

There's lots of money in Miami as there are so many yachts!

Hmmm... what have we here?

Of course, there has to be a crane in the photo. LOL.

After the tour, we wandered around the Bayside area near the Port of Miami and relaxed while doing some ship watching.

Did I mention yachts? How about this amazing boat. Right out of a James Bond movie!

Then this amazing tall ship right out of Mutiny on the Bounty. What a beautiful ship this was to see. There are so many things to look at on it, I could hardly take it all in. Simply amazing!

We then sat and watched some of the cruise ships departing.

We watched as the Disney Wonder set sail and we finally got to hear the musical horn in person! What a cool Disney touch.