Disney Springs Resort Hotels to Offer Select Disney Resort Hotel Benefits in 2018

Login to post comments
8 posts / 0 new
Kristen K.'s picture
Disney Springs Resort Hotels to Offer Select Disney Resort Hotel Benefits in 2018

Beginning January 1, and continuing throughout 2018, guests of the Disney Springs Resort Hotels will be able to take part in Extra Magic Hours! Also, scheduled to begin Jan. 10, 2018, guests at the Disney Springs Resort Area Hotels, who have booked a Walt Disney Travel Company package including a stay at one of the hotels, and theme park admission, will be able to link their hotel reservation on MyDisneyExperience.com, and with a linked, valid theme park ticket, these guests can utilize a 60-day booking window for FastPass+ selections.

These are some very special perks that previously has only been available to those staying at Disney Properties.

Hotels Included in the new opportunity are:

• B Resort & Spa
  • Best Western Lake Buena Vista
  • DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Orlando
  • Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace
  • Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista
  • Holiday Inn Orlando
  • and Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista

Guests who need to purchase a Walt Disney World theme park ticket may do so at the Guest Service Desk or the Disney merchandise location in each of the hotels. To begin the process of using this hotel benefit on a Disney vacation, beginning Jan. 1, 2018, guests will need a valid, official Extra Magic Hours voucher from the hotel, and a valid Walt Disney World theme park ticket, to use the Extra Magic Hours benefit. Guests without the Park Hopper Option or Park Hopper Plus Option must use their ticket for admission to the same theme park where they would like to enjoy the Extra Magic Hours benefit.

JMed's picture

Not sure how I am feeling about this one??? I book "on" property for these perks. Now people staying at GN hotels will have the same benefits? I feel like Disney is passing out all the goods to anyone and everyone these days.

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

JanJ's picture

Personally, I still think there are so many people that stay on site that have no idea of this perk. I think that every time I see a gray magic band! laugh

I don't think it will make a huge difference, but I guess we shall find out. I rarely take advantage of EMH, but I do love the FP+ perk. We should start a petition for DVC members at 90 days. wink

alicemouse's picture

I really think (hope?) it's a temporary change to address the lack of room inventory due to construction. I think we'll see a lot of these benefits rolled back as more room inventory comes back online.

Be good at something. It makes you valuable. Have something to bring to the table because that will make you more welcome. --Randy Pausch

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:
December 2013: 10th Anniversary, 1st DVC Stay | April 2014: Birthday on the Boardwalk | May 2014: Star Wars Weekend, Navigating WDW with a wheelchair | August 2014: Villains Unleashed | September/October 2014: MNSSHP, F&W, Tower of Terror 10-miler | March/April 2015: Disneyland and California Coastal Cruise | November 2015: Wine & Dine Half, Food & Wine, 1st Disney Cruise | February 2016: Presidential Classic Gymnastics Meet | March 2016: "Work" Trip, Tours, F&G Festival | April 2016: Conference at Disneyland | Fall 2016: Festive Fall Fun | January 2017: Festival of the Arts | May 2017: AbD Backstage Magic | July 2017: AbD San Francisco | Sorry I had to give up doing trip reports. Too many time commitments right now.

Kristen K.'s picture

alicemouse wrote:
I think we'll see a lot of these benefits rolled back as more room inventory comes back online.

Really? I don't know, I think that they are doing what they can to enhance these as Disney Springs hotels and increase their revenue. These are no cost value added enhancements that are going to make the resorts seem to have a higher perceived value.

I grew up considering these hotels to be "on property." I know I'm showing my age but back when the Disney Resort choices were just Poly, Contemporary, and Ft. Wilderness staying in the hotel circle was a pretty big deal and the perks were on par. My thought is that they are trying to bring in more guests to these hotels to make Disney Springs more of a weekend destination for regional guests. Adding these "perks" makes the resorts seem more attractive even if guests don't use them.

drwadadli's picture

One catch with this policy is that you have to book through The Walt Disney Travel Company. This advantage is ONLY offered to those who book through WDTC and not other outlets (AAA or NeverlandTravel or other travel companies). I bet a lot of people won't see that as the fine print.

My understanding is that this is to either encourage people to to use WDTC or to give those that do use WDTC an additional benefit since more and more "companies" are offering Disney package deals.

This deal is also not available to those book everything on their own like when my wife and I went down last year for the Epcot International Festival of the Arts. We stayed at one of the GN hotels because we knew we were going to end up at DS after Epcot closed for the day. If we were to do the same this year, this option would NOT be available to us.

If you are worried that someone else is going to get your FP+, then you can just buy 3 more FP+. Or have you not heard this????

The ability to purchase these FP+'s come under package called "Theme Park Extra". Here is some info about "Theme Park Extra":

1. For $50 plus tax per Guest per day, Guests staying in eligible rooms who have purchased a 3-day or longer theme park ticket or an annual pass are able to purchase a Theme Park Extra

2. Ability to reserve these 3 additional FastPass+ selections in more than 1 theme park when a valid Park Hopper option is purchased with the ticket.

3. A booking window of up to 90 days in advance for these 3 additional FastPass+ selections and the ability to book them at multiple top-tier attractions. Guests may not repeat the same FastPass+ attraction in the same day.

4. 1 preferred viewing location for nighttime spectaculars per day. Availability of each nighttime spectacular preferred viewing location is limited.

List of resorts offering this package option:

1. Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney's Wilderness Lodge " Cabins

2. Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge " Club Level

3. Disney's Beach Club Resort " Club Level

4. Disney's BoardWalk Inn " Club Level

5. Disney's Contemporary Resort " Club Level

6. Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa " Club Level

7. Disney's Polynesian Village Resort " Club Level

8. Disney's Polynesian Village Villas & Bungalows " Bungalows

9. Disney's Wilderness Lodge " Club Level

10. Disney's Yacht Club Resort " Club Level

11. Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotels " Presidential Suites, Governor Suites, Parlor Suites, Premium Alcove Rooms

Prior: Offsite most every other years from 1972 - 2000

Most recent: Offsite 2001 & 2003 / ASM 2006 / Offsite 2009 / Poly 2011 / POR 2013 / CR 2014 / GF 2015 / Offsite 2017

Kristen K.'s picture

drwadadli wrote:

If you are worried that someone else is going to get your FP+, then you can just buy 3 more FP+. Or have you not heard this????

The ability to purchase these FP+'s come under package called "Theme Park Extra". Here is some info about "Theme Park Extra":

This option is only available to guests staying in club level (concierge floor) rooms, so it's not open to the general public.

So - if you were to stay at a Disney Springs hotel again, would this encourage you to book through the Walt Disney Travel Co.?

Looks like this is being continued into 2019:

Guests of the Disney Springs Resort Area Hotels will continue to be able to take part in the Extra Magic Hours benefit at Walt Disney World Theme Parks throughout 2019.

Alongside the Extra Magic Hours benefit, Disney Springs area hotel guests will also have 60 Day FastPass+ benefits. Guests with a Walt Disney Travel Company package including a stay at one of the hotels, and theme park admission, will be able to link their hotel reservation on MyDisneyExperience.com, and with a linked, valid theme park ticket, these guests can utilize a 60-day booking window for FastPass+ selections.

https://www.wdwmagic.com/resorts/walt-disney-world-resorts-information/news/05sep2018-extra-magic-hours-and-60-day-fastpass-benefit-to-continue-into-2019-for-disney-springs-area-hotels.htm