Fuel Rod Swap Price Increase & Lawsuit

Login to post comments
8 posts / 0 new
Kristen K.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 09/01/2011
Posts: 21994
Fuel Rod Swap Price Increase & Lawsuit

https://allears.net/2019/10/25/youll-have-to-pay-for-that-fuelrod-swap-in-disney-parks-soon/

Fuel Rods are portable battery chargers available across Walt Disney World to give your electronics a boost when the need arises. Sine they appeared in the Parks the initial purchase of the $30 FuelRod and accompanying charging cords came with free swaps to gain additional power throughout the day.

Sadly, and much to my dismay, free swaps will no longer be available after November 1st. To obtain a fresh and fully charged fuel rod guests will now have to fork over an additional $3.

PreviewAttachmentSize
wdw-animal-kingdom-fuelrod-machine.jpg
wdw-animal-kingdom-fuelrod-machine.jpg97.33 KB
Kristen K.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 09/01/2011
Posts: 21994

Well isn't this interesting. Apparently there is a lawsuit being filed against Feul Rod because they are increasing their Theme Park prices. What are you r thoughts about that?

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2019/10/30/breaking-news-lawsuit-being-filed-against-fuelrod-for-theme-park-price-increases/

Allie's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/26/2012
Posts: 5417

The signs apparently mysteriously disappeared today that said they will begin charging for the exchanges. Maybe the lawsuit scared them off?

Personally, I love the idea but the FuelRods never gave enough of a charge to be worth it to us. We always carried one with just in case, but prefer our quick charge unit that can give a couple of full charges.

Kristen K.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 09/01/2011
Posts: 21994

Allie wrote:
The signs apparently mysteriously disappeared today that said they will begin charging for the exchanges. Maybe the lawsuit scared them off?

Personally, I love the idea but the FuelRods never gave enough of a charge to be worth it to us. We always carried one with just in case, but prefer our quick charge unit that can give a couple of full charges.

It's possible that filing the lawsuit put a stop to the up-charge for now. Easier to remove the stickers than have to refund anyone that got charged.

Mandy's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/18/2013
Posts: 2359

So fuelrod has temporarily stopped charging at the Disney parks for swaps. Universal, Seaworld and airports still have a swap fee though.

Kristen K.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 09/01/2011
Posts: 21994

Mandy wrote:
So fuelrod has temporarily stopped charging at the Disney parks for swaps. Universal, Seaworld and airports still have a swap fee though.

That's interesting! I wonder if the law suit is just focused on the Disney Parks swaps.

MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9407

I could never justify getting those in Disney, The ones I buy last way longer charge wise.

Mandy's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/18/2013
Posts: 2359

Kristen K. wrote:
Mandy wrote:
So fuelrod has temporarily stopped charging at the Disney parks for swaps. Universal, Seaworld and airports still have a swap fee though.

That's interesting! I wonder if the law suit is just focused on the Disney Parks swaps.

From what I've read, the lawsuit only covers Disney parks.