Hello from a fan of this site!

Login to post comments
19 posts / 0 new
RebeccaB's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/14/2013
Posts: 5
Hello from a fan of this site!

Hi Everyone,
I thought I should create a post here and start contributing instead of just reading everyone's posts! Smile

Love reading everyone's trip reports, dining experiences, opinions on resorts, etc.! Here's a little about me: Married and living in the cornfields of Indiana (not a farming family, tho). I'm currently training for the Princess 1/2 Marathon in February, which is my next trip to WDW. We'll be staying at the Poly -- my first time staying at a deluxe. I'm super excited about that and am looking forward to being on the monorail. Hopefully the construction I've read about won't take away from the magic too much.

Never been to Disneyland, but I visited WDW a handful of times as a kid and 2x as an adult, with my family. Our usual resort is POR; have stayed at POP once too. My husband and I did our first Disney trip together in January 2012. He doesn't have nearly the attachment to it as my family does, but I think he's warming up to it Smile

I'm looking forward to reading more of everyone's posts, and being able to comment now too!!

__________________

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Offline
Joined: 06/17/2012
Posts: 373

Hi Rebecca welcome Smile

__________________

JoAnn C's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/20/2011
Posts: 6757

Welcome! There are few us that are going to be there for the Princess 1/2 weekend.

__________________

Kris1971's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/10/2011
Posts: 2350

Welcome! Glad you decided to join us. Tell us some of our WDW favorites (rides, restaurants, characters, etc.).

__________________

Vettelover's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/28/2009
Posts: 4658

Hi! Rebecca and welcome Glad you joined us.

__________________

Offline
Joined: 08/01/2012
Posts: 2037

Hi Rebecca and welcome to the best Disney blog. So glad you decided to join us.

MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9502

Hello RebeccaB and Welcome!

Magic Mirror's picture
Offline
Joined: 09/18/2012
Posts: 2994

Hello! We are glad you joined us...I live in SW Michigan, right on the border...Notre Dame is 2 miles South.....
When you go to WDW, do you fly or drive? With only two of us....we tend to fly, I am too impatient and want to
get in my Disney bubble ASAP! stars

Allie's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/26/2012
Posts: 5477

Hi and welcome and congrats on your Poly trip! How fun! Good luck on your run, too!

Nancy D's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/29/2012
Posts: 754

Welcome, Rebecca and congrats on your training for the Princess Half! I'm going to live vicariously through you: I have big dreams of running a half marathon one day AND staying at the Poly!! Smile

We're glad you're here!

RebeccaB's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/14/2013
Posts: 5

Thanks everyone!! You're all so nice Smile

Kris1971 wrote:
Welcome! Glad you decided to join us. Tell us some of our WDW favorites (rides, restaurants, characters, etc.).

Some of my favorites...
Character (animal): Eeyore
Princess: Snow White
Movie: Toy Story
Rides: so many! Peter Pan and Haunted Mansion come to mind first. I miss a lot of the old ones like Horizons, the older version of Figment, and Mr. Toad. But I'm really looking forward to checking out the new stuff in Fantasyland!
Places to Eat: Columbia Harbour House, Tangierine Cafe, Fulton's Crab House

__________________

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

RebeccaB's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/14/2013
Posts: 5

Nancy D wrote:
Welcome, Rebecca and congrats on your training for the Princess Half! I'm going to live vicariously through you: I have big dreams of running a half marathon one day AND staying at the Poly!! Smile

We're glad you're here!

Thanks! I have to admit, rewarding myself with the trip is my biggest motivation for getting off my butt and training for this thing! I'll let you all know how it goes.

__________________

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

RebeccaB's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/14/2013
Posts: 5

Magic Mirror wrote:
Hello! We are glad you joined us...I live in SW Michigan, right on the border...Notre Dame is 2 miles South.....
When you go to WDW, do you fly or drive? With only two of us....we tend to fly, I am too impatient and want to
get in my Disney bubble ASAP! stars

We live near West Lafayette / Purdue! Only two of us also, and I prefer to fly to WDW. I agree with you -- let's get to the FUN as soon as possible. Smile

__________________

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

AnnielovesDisney's picture
Offline
Joined: 09/12/2013
Posts: 887

RebeccaB wrote:
Nancy D wrote:
Welcome, Rebecca and congrats on your training for the Princess Half! I'm going to live vicariously through you: I have big dreams of running a half marathon one day AND staying at the Poly!! Smile

We're glad you're here!

Thanks! I have to admit, rewarding myself with the trip is my biggest motivation for getting off my butt and training for this thing! I'll let you all know how it goes.

welcome
I think going to Disney world might be the greatest incentive to exercise I've ever heard stars

bethi's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/04/2013
Posts: 24

Hello and welcome!

Kristen K.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 09/01/2011
Posts: 23803

Hello Rebecca! Welcome to the forum - so nice to have you join us!

Mittens

A big hello from Bonnie Scotland..Welcome, I'am also a newbie..Looking forward to magic times and lots of stories.. clapping

RebeccaB's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/14/2013
Posts: 5

Thanks Bethi, Kristen and Mittens (fellow newbie)!!

__________________

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Mrferret's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2013
Posts: 1710

Aloha Rebecca from the other side of the pond awesome

__________________

Howdy Y'all
https://www.facebook.com/matthew.tucker1
Caution Content May be inappropriate

May/June 2016 Magic cruise to Norway
2017 Prtugal wedding adventures
2018 Alskan disney cruise ??
2019 Florida