Hurricane Matthew's track shifts closer to Central Florida 10/4/16

Login to post comments
11 posts / 0 new
Kristen K.'s picture
Hurricane Matthew's track shifts closer to Central Florida 10/4/16

For those traveling this week please be aware...

Disney, Universal and SeaWorld allow travelers to cancel or reschedule vacations booked through the resorts in the event of a hurricane warning. Disney and Universal won't charge fees for rescheduled vacations or cancellations within seven days of a hurricane warning in Orlando or a tourist's hometown. Disney's timeshare resorts in Vero Beach and Hilton Head Island have similar policies.

https://www.facebook.com/TMainolfiWESH/

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/weather/hurricane/os-hurricane-matthew-disney-universal-seaworld-20161004-story.html

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/weather/hurricane/os-hurricane-matthew-preparationsrecovered-tue-oct--4-052307-2016--20161004-story.html

http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/articles/traveling-walt-disney-world-during-hurricane-season

Port Canaveral Has Been Evacuated and Will be closed on Wednesday. http://www.orlandosentinel.com/weather/hurricane/os-space-coast-matthew-20161004-story.html Disney Dream: Scheduled to leave Port Canaveral on October 3, Disney Dream will skip its scheduled call at Nassau on October 4, substituting a day at sea. The ship will visit Cozumel on October 5 rather than Castaway Cay, its originally scheduled port stop.

Orlando is now officially under a hurricane warning...

Hurricane Warning issued for Orlando

JMed's picture

Guests staying at Fort Wilderness camp sites are being moved to resorts as we speak!!

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

JMed's picture

And while it is awful and we are dealing with it here too, I would love to be there to see how it all happens. The whole process of safety and preparation.

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

Kristen K.'s picture

JMed wrote:
And while it is awful and we are dealing with it here too, I would love to be there to see how it all happens. The whole process of safety and preparation.

Riding out a Hurricane at Disney is actually on my bucket list. I'm a little bummed to be home. laugh

subvetss's picture

This will be my 5th hurricane I rode out in Fl. It is not a fun thing to do. I live here and have no choice but to face it but I know what I'm doing. Sure isn't something I would desire to do. But then I'm old and not as smart as I when I was younger.
Joe

MrHub's picture

Be safe Joe!

Allie's picture

I had a client staying at Pop through the hurricane. Thursday night there was a 2 hour line at the food court and they were being advised to get enough food and water to last to Saturday as the resort was going to be put on lockdown and the food court wouldn't be open. They gave everyone free ponchos, umbrellas, bug spray, and flashlights. She said they never felt in danger and every cast member was so kind and efficient.

I can't help but wonder, how would an evacuation order work at Disney World?

jhugo's picture

KenJ wrote:
I can't help but wonder, how would an evacuation order work at Disney World?

I was wondering the same thing. We never rent a car and always use Disney transportation and with the airport closed what would we do?

amy1989's picture

we were in Disney for the hurricane we went to Magic Kingdom on the morning but saw the announcements on Facebook saying parks were closing at 5 on the Thursday so around noon we headed back to the resort, we went to food court and sat around for a little while we had gotten water etc the day before but we got a few meals to keep in the resort around 3pm the food court went CRAZY we headed back to the room and just stopped there, Disney were constantly updating you by leaving messages on the phone we felt completely safe and secure and for this being our first hurricane like ever I thought Disney handled the whole situation fantastically and if I ever happened to be in the area with a hurricane again I would feel safe in Disney's hands!

oh also we got a flashlight in our room! but thankfully never had to use it!