JoAnn's October 2014 Solo Trip - Let the trip report begin

Login to post comments
164 posts / 0 new
DisneyDee27's picture

Hi JoAnn C, looks like you're having a blast. Can't wait to meet you tomorrow biggrin clapping

Member of the 6 castle club and working to pay for my next Disney vacations: 1/5-10/18, September 2018 for my 50th and 2018 the year of Disney cruising.

kywildcatchick's picture

JoAnn C wrote:
Having a great time. I met Skunk and his wife, Pam and their friends last night. We had a nice visit and enjoyed the fireworks from the Top of The World Lounge. Today, I met Stacy (kywildcatchick) and her husband. We chatted for about an hour in France. Thank you for introducing me to the pink grapefruit wine. I could go for another.

Tomorrow is the Mercaline to MK tour where I will meet Robyn and Sy. Tuesday I move to Port Orleans Riverside.

It was so good to meet you! I'm so jealous you are still there and I had to come home! I hope you have a wonderful rest of your trip and hope we meet up again some time. muchlove

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker Free Disney Tickers

JoAnn C's picture

Enjoying the Halloween party. I danced with villians and monsters. Loved Hallowishes. Found a seat for the 2nd Boo to You parade. So far I have an unobstructed view of the parade route. There is still 15 minutes until it starts so we will see if that changes.

JoAnn C's picture

And it changed

amy1989's picture

Loving the live TR JoAnn!!!! sorry about your view changing I'm defensive of my area if someone asks nicely I will let them in if not then no way!

JoAnn C's picture

Some comments on the Halloween costumes I saw last night.

Frozen characters were the most popular. Saw a couple of dads who were not happy and being dressed up as Sven.

Fred and Wilma Flintstone were also popular. One couple had a little Pebbles.

Saw a few "slutty" characters - Minnie, Belle and Snow White.

Fish net - let's just say I haven't seen that much fish net since I went to watch Roller Derby a couple of weeks ago.

I saw three people with their faces completely covered which I didn't think was allowed.

Allie's picture

JoAnn C wrote:
Some comments on the Halloween costumes I saw last night.

Frozen characters were the most popular. Saw a couple of dads who were not happy and being dressed up as Sven.

HA! laugh

JoAnn C wrote:

I saw three people with their faces completely covered which I didn't think was allowed.

When we were there in September (not for the Halloween party, on a normal park day) a young woman, maybe mid 20s, clearly dressed up in a full Snow White outfit got off the buses around the same time we did. We thought for sure we were going to watch her get stopped at the gates but they let her in without a fuss. Maybe they're getting more lax? It was really strange.

JoAnn C's picture

Waiting for the the 5:30 Smash Mouth concert.

Spook - if you see this wave the penguin. I am in the first row after the walkway

JoAnn C's picture

Meet up

PreviewAttachmentSize
image.jpg
image.jpg1.48 MB

JanJ's picture

Yay, WDWFG meet up! Have fun everyone!! clapping yay

Magic Mirror's picture

Good looking bunch! awesome

Spook's picture

JoAnn C wrote:

Spook - if you see this wave the penguin. I am in the first row after the walkway

If I would've seen this he would've been up in the air lol. I can't believe you were right in front of us haha. It was great meeting you afterwards though mickey

JoAnn C's picture

Spook wrote:
JoAnn C wrote:

If I would've seen this he would've been up in the air lol. I can't believe you were right in front of us haha. It was great meeting you afterwards though mickey

It was great meeting you and your husband.

amy1989's picture

yay WDWFG meet up!!!!

Skunk's picture

JoAnn C wrote:
Having a great time. I met Skunk and his wife, Pam and their friends last night. We had a nice visit and enjoyed the fireworks from the Top of The World Lounge.

Nice meeting you too! Center of attention at TOTWL:

JoAnn C's picture

Today is my last full day in the World. I get the "Tragical" Express back to MCO tomorrow at 5:00pm.

I spent this morning in at DHS. I had originally planned on going back to Animal Kingdom. I went to DTD to do a little shopping. The boat ride to/from Riverside is so relaxing.

Tonight I am going back to Epcot for the "Tribute to Walt Disney" dining event. It starts at 7:30. I am relaxing in my room until is time to leave. I was going to try to catch the 5:30 Jim Brickman show. I am going to skip it.

Kristen K.'s picture

JoAnn C wrote:
the "Tragical" Express back to MCO tomorrow

rolling rolling rolling

JoAnn C's picture

My last morning here. Sad

I am in my room waiting for bell services to pick up my bags. I got s little carried away shopping this trip. I had to buy a tote bag to some of the stuff in. Then I had to buy a smaller purse to fit in one of my two tote bags I am taking on the plane.

MrHub's picture

JoAnn C wrote:

I am in my room waiting for bell services to pick up my bags. I got s little carried away shopping this trip. I had to buy a tote bag to some of the stuff in. Then I had to buy a smaller purse to fit in one of my two tote bags I am taking on the plane.

Oh you go girl! You had fun and that's all that matters. Right?

JoAnn C's picture

MrHub wrote:
JoAnn C wrote:

Oh you go girl! You had fun and that's all that matters. Right?

I did have a great time. I would so do another solo trip.

JoAnn C's picture

On the "tragical" express. Got on an earlier bus. No sense prolonging the agony. Lol

JoAnn C's picture

JoAnn C wrote:
On the "tragical" express. Got on an earlier bus. No sense prolonging the agony. Lol

May not have been the best idea I had. Lots of meltdowns going on.

alicemouse's picture

Sounds like you had a great trip, JoAnn! Can't wait to hear more mickey

Be good at something. It makes you valuable. Have something to bring to the table because that will make you more welcome. --Randy Pausch

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:
December 2013: 10th Anniversary, 1st DVC Stay | April 2014: Birthday on the Boardwalk | May 2014: Star Wars Weekend, Navigating WDW with a wheelchair | August 2014: Villains Unleashed | September/October 2014: MNSSHP, F&W, Tower of Terror 10-miler | March/April 2015: Disneyland and California Coastal Cruise | November 2015: Wine & Dine Half, Food & Wine, 1st Disney Cruise | February 2016: Presidential Classic Gymnastics Meet | March 2016: "Work" Trip, Tours, F&G Festival | April 2016: Conference at Disneyland | Fall 2016: Festive Fall Fun | January 2017: Festival of the Arts | May 2017: AbD Backstage Magic | July 2017: AbD San Francisco | Sorry I had to give up doing trip reports. Too many time commitments right now.

JoAnn C's picture

I am home. I guess I can take off my Magic Band now. I will work on my trip report this week.

JoAnn i have loved reading your reports seeing all the Pictures .. look forward to reading your trip report Smile

JanJ's picture

JoAnn C wrote:
I am home. I guess I can take off my Magic Band now. I will work on my trip report this week.

Looks like you had a great time JoAnn - can't wait to hear more about it. And no, you don't have to take off your Magic Band! biggrin

Spook's picture

Glad you made it home safely awesome

amy1989's picture

JoAnn C wrote:

I know exactly how u feel we had to buy an extra bag to check in on our last night!!!

Sad to see you trip is ended but can't wait to read your trip report!

MrHub's picture

JanJ wrote:
JoAnn C wrote:

Looks like you had a great time JoAnn - can't wait to hear more about it. And no, you don't have to take off your Magic Band! biggrin

Yeah, what Jan said. Who says you have to take it off?

Magic Mirror's picture

welcome home! Glad all went well awesome