MandaLynn & MeganLeigh's Boardwalk May 2014 Trip Report!

Login to post comments
35 posts / 0 new

We had a FP+ for Spaceship Earth so we went straight there. We then went to Ellen's Energy Adventure, which we of course enjoy, but were really happy to get out of the heat for 45 minutes! Our Test Track FP+ was about ready to be used so we rode that, and then decided to get some food! I've really wanted to try Spice Road Table since it was in it's beginning stages, so that's where we went. Even though it was pretty hot and we were a bit sweaty, the outdoor seating was nice! I loved sitting by the water, it was very shaded, and there were fans going, which gave a pleasant breeze. The food is tapas-style, which was fine with us, as we weren't ready for a big meal, and we had an ADR for La Hacienda in just a couple hours. It was SO GOOD. We're all already excited to eat there again in the Fall!
After we were done eating, we walked around Morocco for a bit(so pretty- it's probably my favorite country in the WS), then went back to Japan to do Mitsukoshi- another must do.
We definitely wanted to see American Adventure so we went over there, but there wasn't a showing for about another hour, so we headed over to Italy(which got us into another discussion about changing ADRs for the fall- Tutto Italia anyone?). Mexico was next, so we went on Gran Fiesta- I kind of forgot what this ride was all about, I can't even remember the last time I was on it! It was really cute, of course Smile.

it's so windy when you're going around that track! not the best spot for a photo op lol.

view from Spice Road Table

another great topiary!

It was about time for the next American Adventure showing, so we headed back that way. Unfortunately we sat by a pretty rude lady who had her phone out the entire time and was chomping on her gum SO LOUDLY. The CM who did the "thank you for coming" closing remarks finally came over about two thirds of the way through and asked her to put her phone away, and we wanted to hug him! (At the end of the night, we filled out a "Fanatic Card" for him at Guest Relations).
After the show, we came outside to the sounds of a Chubby Checker concert! We had noticed a long line forming before, but didn't realize what it was for! Pretty cool!

We were about ready to eat at this point, so we headed back over to Mexico for our reservation at La Hacienda de San Angel. We were early, but I told the host that we'd be willing to wait for a window seat for Illuminations. We ended up with an elevated booth, which was okay, although I was a bit disappointed- I had requested a window seat after all. We settled in and took in the menu. Manda and I decided to split the "La Hacienda"- a meal for two with steak, chicken, and chorizo, as well as their delicious corn and black beans. This was SO GOOD you guys. Mom got the Shrimp tacos-I didn't try them, but they got great comments from her! We ordered the apple empanada for dessert to eat during Illuminations, and that was delicious as well! I would definitely eat here again because the food was so good, but Illuminations viewing is not really that great- I think if you had a seat literally right against the windows it would be, but we did not, and it was a little bit disappointing.
--I don't know why we didn't take ANY pictures here! I think we were getting a bit tired at this point, so we were a little lazy on the photojournalism, lol.--

here's ONE picture of us waiting outside for our reservation.

Epcot had extra magic hours this day, but we were pretty tired at this point, so we slowly made our way back to the International Gateway, stopping in France along the way. I love that movie in there, so I really wanted to see it, but it was done showing for the day- I guess they stop running a lot of that stuff during EMH.
Overall a very successful day! Back to the Boardwalk to crash and rest up for a full day of Magic Kingdom fun!

one last look back at France....Au Revoir Epcot! Until September!

Allie's picture

We're trying Tutto Gusto for the first time during our Sept trip. I'll come back with a review for you awesome

MandaLynn's picture

Wow...we are really slacking on this TR!! Continuing below with Saturday:

On Saturday, we were up early and jumped right on the bus to the Magic Kingdom. We actually made it to Rope Drop!! We were so excited to see the Welcome Show, and we all had tears in our eyes before the end of the performance! Of course we continued the magic by "walking right down the middle of Main Street USA" (I can't be the only one who constantly sings this song!!). After taking some pics, we stopped in for a quick coffee/tea at Main Street Bakery/Starbucks. My mom and I aren't coffee drinkers, but drink a LOT of tea...Megan got her coffee fix Smile

We then headed to New Fantasyland, because it's awesome and also because our mom hadn't experienced it yet. We walked through Belle's village and saw Gaston hamming it up with a flock of girls! Then we walked right onto Voyage of the Little Mermaid, which was great as ever. We continued down the path to Storybook Circus, which none of us had taken the time to explore yet. It was very cute and the theming was great (obviously meant for smaller kids, so we didn't spend a ton of time there, but were glad we took the time!). We then walked the short distance to see Mickey's Philharmagic and ride Small World. The wait times for everything had been GREAT so far!! By now, we needed to start heading back into New Fantasyland for our lunch reservations. On the way, we saw some test cars taking the 7 Dwarfs Mine Train for a spin (with no one riding in them unfortunately!). That was pretty neat to see in person and got us psyched for our return trip this fall...Fast Passes, here we come!

Megan had somehow got on the email list for a Be Our Guest FP, and she snagged a lunch reservation for 3 right away!! Lucky us, because the line was past the end of the bridge when we walked up to the window. Eek! Anyway, we felt like VIP's just getting to walk right in. We barely had time to study the menu and decide on our orders when they were ready for us. I got the braised pork (which I had last time and it did NOT disappoint the second time around!), Megan had the ham and cheese sandwich, and Mom had the turkey sandwich. We also got a chocolate cupcake with the grey stuff icing and we all had a couple bites. We found a window seat in the ballroom, which was exactly what we wanted! we sat and watched the snow fall and chatted about our plans for the rest of the day. Perfect lunch! Before we left, we wandered through the other rooms, lingering in the West Wing of course!

Showing off my Rapunzel-inspired outfit! (in the Tangled Restrooms, no less! haha)

Meg showing off her Sorcery Mickey-inspired duds Smile

MandaLynn's picture

We saw that there was a parade coming up, so we made our way back down to Main Street to Move It, Shake It, and Celebrate It! We hadn't seen this parade before and were glad we took the time. It was a lot of fun and we were dancing along with the characters Smile We walked over the bridge to Tomorrowland next to see Monster's Inc Laugh Floor and ride the People Mover and Carousel of Progress (classics!!). We saw the line for Buzz Lightyear wasn't too bad and this is one of my favorites, so we jumped in line. Our mom cleaned up on this one!! She beat us both by a ton, but at least I didn't come in last place...I won't mention who did, cough cough Wink After this epic battle, it was time for a snack, so we stopped at a kiosk on the way to Liberty Square and grabbed some Mickey ice cream (and cups of ice...it was HOT!).

We were so excited for the new Festival of Fantasy parade...and it definitely lived up to the hype! I still have the song stuck in my head, almost a month later (geez, we are really slacking on this TR and it's only halfway done!!). We scoped out a parade spot under a tree in Liberty Square and there was a FP+ kiosk nearby, so we sat inside in the air conditioning until a few minutes before the parade. This was a great plan because by this time, it was the heat of the day and we needed to cool off a bit!

The Lost Boys were GREAT!

Ok, so at this point, my camera was so hot that it refused to take any more pics for a while!! (it's not new...obviously)

After the parade, it was time for our FP for Big Thunder Mountain. We all love this ride! While we were in the area, we hit the Country Bear Jamboree and the Enchanted Tiki Room (the pre-show area looks like it's being updated...anyone know what's going on there?). Our FP for Pirates was next and we actually got stuck on this ride for a bit at the end! I think I almost had Johnny Depp's lines memorized by the time we started moving again Wink It wasn't that big of a deal to us, but on our way out, a CM was handing out FPs to everyone to make up for any inconvenience...Disney really does customer service right!! (the FPs were for our choice of either Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise, or Pirates) We decided to use our new FP for the Jungle Cruise since we were in the area, and then we headed back to Fantasyland for our FP for Peter Pan's Flight. The Haunted Mansion was really close to our dinner spot, so we stopped here before eating at Columbia Harbour House. We all got either the chicken nuggets, fish, or both! Yum! We sat at a table in the corner of the 2nd floor and it was nice to get away from the hustle and bustle for a bit. Next we decided to stroll along Main Street and took our time looking at clothing, souvenirs, and art. It was really nice to slow down for a while!

I guess we were having too much fun in the afternoon because we barely took any pics!! Oops. Since we were already on Main Street, we hopped on the train to take the full loop around the park. This is something I don't think I've taken the time to do this since I was little! The Hall of Presidents was next and very impressive. Again, it's been a few years since I've seen this and it's much better than I remember. Now it was getting close to the evening shows/parades. We all wanted to have a last snack, so I took the short cut to Aloha Isle for a Dole Whip while Meg and Mom went to Gaston's Tavern for a LeFou's Brew. We met back in Fantasyland and took our time walking back down to Main Street for Celebrate the Magic. I just LOVE this show and it had been updated since last fall with Frozen and probably some other awesomeness that I can't remember! Meg and I (and everyone else) belted out Let It Go and joined in the applause after this section! Later, our Mom told us that this was her favorite memory of the trip! She's too cute Smile Of course Wishes was just afterward and we had a GREAT spot to watch both. We had waited for the later Electrical Parade, so we grabbed a seat at Casey's for the few minutes to get off our feet. During the second Celebrate the Magic show, we walked back through Main Street and found a spot to watch the parade. It was nice to hear and see the castle show for a second time while we waited! The Electrical Parade was great and cute as we remembered it. By this time, we were pretty tired out, so we strolled once more down Main Street and then off to the bus back to the Boardwalk!! MK Day was a success Smile

I know our Mom took a lot of pics on her camera, so when I get these, I will put some more up! Smile We still have Sunday morning brunch and early afternoon to post! More next time...