No Christmas Trip to WDW, but have set dates for 2015.. Whoaboy!!

Login to post comments
11 posts / 0 new
LouisianaMike's picture
No Christmas Trip to WDW, but have set dates for 2015.. Whoaboy!!

Well, my DW ultimately talked me out of the X-Mas Disney trip we were hoping to make this year. In her defense, there were more cons than pros to making the trip, when we discussed it at length the other day. I was okay with it, and not all bad news came out of the discussions for me. We agreed on a 2-week trip starting the week before Memorial Day, so that puts us at 180 days out, and y'all know what that means...... awesome Yup!! Time to start making those ADR's!! clapping

So I now have firm dates and something firm to look forward to and can't wait for May 2015 to get here. Also, we'll just squeeze in one day of the Flower & Garden Festival so I am pumped about that.... It's the next best thing to the F&W Festival biggrin Let the countdown begin!!! yay stars

LouisianaMike

Allie's picture

Awesome! awesome Where are you staying? Where are you thinking for your ADRs?

Spook's picture

yay let the planning begin! yay

Magic Mirror's picture

yay Excellent News! now- let's talk planning!

The Watchmaker's picture

Awesome...Love the planning stages..its all a part of the magic... clapping

LouisianaMike's picture

Allie wrote:

Allie,

We'll probably stay off site or at Shades of Green. Through the Armed Forces Vacation Club, I can get a condo or resort with 2 to 3 bedrooms for a week for under $300, and within 5-10 minutes of the park, so this is where I save big when coming to Disney, and this also affords me the opportunity to go several times a year, hence the annual passes. We're a nine hour drive, so no flying is involved, either. awesome

As for ADR.. I tried to make a reservation this morning for Cinderella's Royal Table in the castle, but they require payment upfront and I couldn't see shelling out $400+, 180 days out.. So I went with Garden Grill, and will continue to snag a few more ADR's throughout the week as we hit the 180 day mark.. Any suggestions from y'all where to get an ADR?

yeah Here's where we've eaten thus far over the past four years: LeCellier (love this place!!), Akershaus, LaHacienda, San Angel Inn, Coral Reef, Kona Cafe, Be Our Guest (First week it opened-wasn't overly impressed with food), Biergarten, California Grill (Loved it!!), The Crystal Palace, Brown Derby (hit or miss confused ), Raglan Road, Rainforest Cafe, Marrakesh, Spice Road Table, Sanaa, Tony's Town Square, Tutto Italia, Via Napoli, Yachtsman Steakhouse (A favorite of mine!)

So tell me what I'm missing and where? awesome I want to experience a handful of new dining locations on this 2-week trip.. yay

Thanks for y'alls input, in advance... awesome

Spook's picture

The Garden Grill is my favourite awesome
Some new places we tried this past trip that we really liked were Boma (breakfast), Trails End (this was excellent! Great food and pretty cheap price), the Plaza. Paradiso37 at DTD was pretty good too.

Allie's picture

We love Yak & Yeti, California Grill, Kona Cafe, Coral Reef, 50s Prime Time, and Hoop Dee Doo!

LouisianaMike's picture

Allie wrote:

Sorry, Allie... I called you Amy in my response.. confused I fixed it, though.. awesome

Mike

PS Yak & Yeti and 50's Prime Time are definitely on my list of wanting to do next trip.. Thanks!!

Mrferret's picture

Great time of the year to visit WDW

Howdy Y'all
https://www.facebook.com/matthew.tucker1
Caution Content May be inappropriate

May/June 2016 Magic cruise to Norway
2017 Prtugal wedding adventures
2018 Alskan disney cruise ??
2019 Florida

Allie's picture

LouisianaMike wrote:
Allie wrote:

Sorry, Allie... I called you Amy in my response.. confused I fixed it, though.. awesome

Mike

PS Yak & Yeti and 50's Prime Time are definitely on my list of wanting to do next trip.. Thanks!!

Ha! No worries! laugh