WDW Christmas Decorations 2012

Login to post comments
6 posts / 0 new
twilightsparrow's picture
WDW Christmas Decorations 2012

Hello all....rumor has it that Christmas Decorations should be up by November 6th this year. I am sincerely hoping that to be true as we arrive November 16th. In 2010 we arrived the day after Thanksgiving and everything was definitely up and in full holiday swing. So how true do you all think this is?

AKV-Kidani 8/2013 ~ PORS 11/2012 ~ CBR 11/2010 ~ CBR 5/2010

OUR DVC HOME: SSR

Spook's picture

I sure hope they are! I'm going to MVMCP on November 12th and it won't be very christmasy with no decorations Sad

JoAnn C's picture

Based on my experience, MK will be decorated for the start of the MVMCP which begins on November 09 this year (they may start sooner but the decorations will be up for the party). Epcot will decorate after the Food & Wine Festival ends. The last day of the festival this year is November 12. It was cool last year to see the transition of Epcot from the FWF to Christmas. DHS and DAK will also be decorated the week before Thanksgiving. The resorts decorate that week as well. There's nothing like going to bed one night and walking into the lobby the next morning to see the tree.

Jess's picture

JoAnn C wrote:
Based on my experience, MK will be decorated for the start of the MVMCP which begins on November 09 this year (they may start sooner but the decorations will be up for the party). Epcot will decorate after the Food & Wine Festival ends. The last day of the festival this year is November 12. It was cool last year to see the transition of Epcot from the FWF to Christmas. DHS and DAK will also be decorated the week before Thanksgiving. The resorts decorate that week as well. There's nothing like going to bed one night and walking into the lobby the next morning to see the tree.

Yep this has been our experience as well...We always go either the week before or the week after Thanksgiving...The food and wine festival usually always finishes up a couple of days before we get there but we always see the remnants of it's decorations...and we love going to sleep and night and waking up and having the resort all decorated...There's another thread around here where i posted a video of it

DisneyDee27's picture

I'm excited because I get to go to F&W fest in October and then back to WDW for Xmas. 2 years ago we did F&W in late fall and actually saw some of the Xmas decorations going up around the parks. Unfortunately we were leaving before the full Xmas decorations went up.
Come on fall/winter
Dee

Member of the 6 castle club and working to pay for my next Disney vacations: 1/5-10/18, September 2018 for my 50th and 2018 the year of Disney cruising.

twilightsparrow's picture

I saw a video of the tree going up at AKL and it was incredible. We keep hearing so many different dates as to when the parks and resorts get decorated that it's hard not to get all antsy...lol.

@Spook...we already have tickets to MVMCP as well. We'll be going on Nov. 16th. It was the only day they were having the party while we're there. We'll get to the airport around noon and then go to the resort, settle down, walk around, have dinner at Boatwright's at 5pm and then head off to MK...hopefully my little guy naps for a bit while we're settling in so he'll get to enjoy some of the party.

AKV-Kidani 8/2013 ~ PORS 11/2012 ~ CBR 11/2010 ~ CBR 5/2010

OUR DVC HOME: SSR