Adult-Friendly Character Meals

Dining with the characters at Disney World is a great way to enjoy a meal. And it is not just for kids! We've looked into the different character meals with help from our friends at the Disney Food Blog and have come up with some more adult friendly character meals!

Character Meals Are Fun at Any AgeCharacter Meals Are Fun at Any Age
There are a lot of things to take into consideration when booking a meal with the characters, what meal, how much do you want to spend, who do you want to see, where do you want to eat, and more! We have taken into consideration what makes a dining experience more enjoyable for adults and want to share it with you!

Noise Level. If you are one of those people who just can't stand a noisy restaurant then we suggest you skip Chef Mickey's and Play n'Dine. Opt for the Garden Grill, Cinderella's Royal Table, Princess Storybook, or the Cape May Cafe instead.

Food Quality. While all of the Disney character meals are good, a few stand out in terms of food quality. The Crystal Palace, Ohana, and the Cape May Cafe all got the highest ratings in the Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World.

Characters. This category is totally subjective because it is truly your choice! Some people know what characters they want to dine with and that can pretty much make the decision for you but for others who aren't sure check out the Disney Food Blog's breakdown of which characters are at what meals.

Time of Day. From personal experience I would say that the breakfast and lunch character meals are more crowded and a little bit louder, but at dinner you run the risk of having a child at the table next to you break down from exhaustion and that could really ruin your meal. My vote would still be for dinner with a later dinner reservation which means your options include Chef Mickey's, Crystal Palace, Garden Grill, Princess Storybook, Cinderella's Royal Table, and 1900 Park Fare.

My top picks for adult-friendly character dining are Cinderella's Royal Table, 1900 Park Fare, the Cape May Cafe, and the Crystal Palace. I have to say the ultimate character dining experience is Cinderella's Royal Table. What girl doesn't dream of being treated like a princess?

What is your favorite character meal? What one would you recommend? Leave a comment below and let me know!

Julie B wrote on Thu, 12/01/2011 - 18:53:

I thoroughly enjoyed Chef Mickey's for breakfast. Who cares if you're old or young, who doesn't enjoy special birthday treatment from the characters and staff! I loved getting a chocolate cupcake for breakfast. I also enjoyed 1900 Park Fare for an early dinner. I met a friend I went to college with that moved to Florida for dinner there. The food quality was the best there. Loved the roast beef, pasta, mashed potatoes, and dessert selections. Adults can enjoy the witty banter of Cinderella's step-mother/sisters more than kids sometimes :)

JoAnn C wrote on Sat, 12/03/2011 - 20:37:

JoAnn C's picture

I had three character meals during my last Disney trip. I did not care for Chef Mickey's. I loved breakfast at the Tusker House and dinner at Crystal Palace.

Kristen K. wrote on Mon, 12/05/2011 - 15:35:

I'm not a big Chef Mickey's fan because I always feel rushed there. Cape May is my favorite for a Character Breakfast :-)

Catie wrote on Sun, 12/11/2011 - 13:26:

I agree that cinderellas royal table and crystal palace are both great adult choices! Have been debating about cape may cafe for a while and youve convinced me to try it!! Thanks for the tips!

Heather Macdonald wrote on Mon, 12/12/2011 - 04:53:

I've been to almost all the Character Meals at WDW without children and I have to say that my favorites are Crystal Palace and Tusker House. The food quality is good and so is the character interaction! I also like 1900 PF and CMC! I don't love Chef Mickey's because we always seem to wait so long. The price is out of this world for Akershus, and Cinderellas Royal Table just doesn't seem to have the appeal that it used to.

shonkiesgirl wrote on Tue, 05/15/2012 - 01:14:

shonkiesgirl's picture

Crystal Palace is my most favorite!

Vasim wrote on Wed, 06/27/2012 - 09:17:

Overall RatingFoodServiceAtmospherePrice/ValueRomanceSuitable for ChildrenOkay for Children: Yes, absolutely yes!! The kids get stteard in the waiting area and then once we get to sit at the table they are so excited!!Okay for Couples: Yes, it is nice to have the characters interact with the parents and not just the children.Be Sure to Try: I loved the biscuits with gravy on top and the mickey mouse waffles!!General tips: I took the tip from others and booked the latest breakfast I could so it isn't so hectic. It worked.TheMouseForLess tips: This is eat until you drop no limitExtra Comments: I liked that the cm came to ask us if we were visited by all the characters and when we mentioned not by minnie he brought her over and she stayed for a while!!