Your most artistic Disney photos

Login or register to post comments
4168 replies [Last post]
dsoup's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/11/2008
Posts: 2884
Your most artistic Disney photos

Ok...I'm starting to take an interest in photography and was wondering what kind of cool/artsy photos you guys had sitting on your hard drives...

Offline
Joined: 08/30/2008
Posts: 3555

dsoup wrote:
Ok...I'm starting to take an interest in photography and was wondering what kind of cool/artsy photos you guys had sitting on your hard drives...

Does this count?

Zz.

__________________

No longer an active member.

dsoup's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/11/2008
Posts: 2884

Nice picture. I tried to take that exact same pic, but it didn't come out nearly as nicely. Did you photoshop that at all?

Offline
Joined: 08/30/2008
Posts: 3555

dsoup wrote:
Nice picture. I tried to take that exact same pic, but it didn't come out nearly as nicely. Did you photoshop that at all?

Nope, no photoshop. You just need a tripod and a delayed (2 sec) shot with the flash turned off.

Zz.

__________________

No longer an active member.

SoloFriendly's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/18/2008
Posts: 556

Great photo, ZapperZ!

Unfortunately, most of my photos from my trip to Disney were taken by me trying to capture
as much as I could as I was rushing around trying to cram in as much
activity as possible. To take really creative photos, you have to slow down and take your time and think about how you want a final shot to look. A tripod helps a LOT. I hope sincerely that my next trip is longer so I have time to get some really great shots.

What kind of camera do you have, dsoup?

__________________

Gray
SoloFriendly.com

Offline
Joined: 08/30/2008
Posts: 3555

SoloFriendly wrote:
Great photo, ZapperZ!

Unfortunately, most of my photos from my trip to Disney were taken by me trying to capture
as much as I could as I was rushing around trying to cram in as much
activity as possible. To take really creative photos, you have to slow down and take your time and think about how you want a final shot to look. A tripod helps a LOT. I hope sincerely that my next trip is longer so I have time to get some really great shots.

What kind of camera do you have, dsoup?

Believe it or not, I have a simple point-and-shoot camera. I use a Canon 900IS Digital Elph camera, one of those ultracompact ones. I prefer such size when I'm traveling, since I can simply slip it into my pocket and grab a shot whenever I want. Of course, at WDW, I also being along a convenient tripod (which is also very light and folds to about 14 inches, but can expand to 60 inches).

Here's another picture taken at night, which is more difficult to get since it's a fireworks shot. This, of course, is Illuminations at Epcot.

Zz.

__________________

No longer an active member.

SoloFriendly's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/18/2008
Posts: 556

And another outstanding shot, ZZ! I, too, have a compact tripod. One of the best investments I ever made. Trouble is, when you're in a crowd, it's really hard to find a place to set it up without being in everyone's way. Or so I found.

__________________

Gray
SoloFriendly.com

Offline
Joined: 08/30/2008
Posts: 3555

SoloFriendly wrote:
And another outstanding shot, ZZ! I, too, have a compact tripod. One of the best investments I ever made. Trouble is, when you're in a crowd, it's really hard to find a place to set it up without being in everyone's way. Or so I found.

That is certainly true. However, depending on where you are situated or how crowded it is, I haven't had that much of a problem so far setting up the tripod. When I took the first picture in this thread, I was actually just walking around carrying the camera attached to the tripod, and then set it up whenever I see a shot that I wanted to take.

These next couple of pictures that I took are certainly very "challenging" since it was crowded during the Osborne Spectacle of Lights. I was walking around with the tripod already attached to the camera, and I had to take the shot rather quickly once I set it up in case someone bumped into the tripod.

Zz.

__________________

No longer an active member.

dsoup's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/11/2008
Posts: 2884

Did you use a 2 second exposure on the Osboure pics too?

@Solofriendly:

I have a NIkon Coolpix camera.

SoloFriendly's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/18/2008
Posts: 556

I hate to keep repeating myself, but wow! Those are great shots, ZZ!

dsoup - I have a Nikon Coolpix too! Which one do you have? Mine is the 885. It's about 6-7 years old. I'm planning to upgrade to a DSLR in the next few months. Probably also a Nikon. They make good cameras.

__________________

Gray
SoloFriendly.com

Offline
Joined: 08/30/2008
Posts: 3555

dsoup wrote:
Did you use a 2 second exposure on the Osboure pics too?

Er.. no. I actually just used the manual setting on my Canon that is set to ISO100. The only "2 seconds" that is involved here is the delay.

Zz.

__________________

No longer an active member.

Offline
Joined: 08/30/2008
Posts: 3555

BTW, I don't just take night shots, obviously. This is one of my favorite daytime shot, and it isn't that easy to get it well because you're shaking quite a bit. Smile

Zz.

__________________

No longer an active member.

Brad's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/05/2008
Posts: 4355

Fantastic shots ZapperZ! I don't have any trips planned for the foreseeable future and you're making me crave a visit.

Offline
Joined: 08/30/2008
Posts: 3555

Here's another one of my most favorite shots.

Zz.

__________________

No longer an active member.

cdub's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/20/2008
Posts: 3220

That one is fantastic! Definitely my favorite! I'm a sucker for light and water though!

SoloFriendly's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/18/2008
Posts: 556

I'd have to say that water shot is my favorite, too. It's got everything--lights, water, and reflection. Nice.

__________________

Gray
SoloFriendly.com

Offline
Joined: 08/30/2008
Posts: 3555

This is not a night picture, nor does it have water and lights, but it won a weekly photo contest at a Disney fan forum. I guess it won because it was a rather unusual sight. Smile

Zz.

__________________

No longer an active member.

dsoup's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/11/2008
Posts: 2884

Hey that guy spat at me once!

admin's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/14/2010
Posts: 2732

This is an amazing photo!! It's so hard to capture fireworks, and even when you do, the pic can be boring because there's no context for them. This completely solves that problem! I love that you got the globe and fountains in there. It really gives the shot a good descriptive depth. mickey

Zz.

admin's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/14/2010
Posts: 2732

This just has such a wonderful nostalgia factor, too... in addition to it being beautiful.

Zz.

Offline
Joined: 08/30/2008
Posts: 3555

admin wrote:
This is an amazing photo!! It's so hard to capture fireworks, and even
when you do, the pic can be boring because there's no context for them.
This completely solves that problem! I love that you got the globe and
fountains in there. It really gives the shot a good descriptive depth.

Thanks very much. I also got people's heads, a couple of which annoyingly stuck way too much into the picture.

mad

Zz.

__________________

No longer an active member.

Brad's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/05/2008
Posts: 4355

I didn't even notice the heads until you pointed them out. Great Pics!

awesome awesome Two thumbs up!

Offline
Joined: 08/30/2008
Posts: 3555

This is another picture that I'm very partial to.

Zz.

__________________

No longer an active member.

bali's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/20/2008
Posts: 3444

Great photos, Zz!! There's something really magical about the "big hat" at night. Disney has such great lighting directors...I never even know I'm being "emotionally manipulated." Ha ha!!

__________________


May 2008 CSR mickey

Brad's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/05/2008
Posts: 4355

We need some more in here! Don't make me go find mine!

Maybe the quality of ZapperZ pics are just intimidating the rest of us?

Offline
Joined: 08/30/2008
Posts: 3555

Brad wrote:
We need some more in here! Don't make me go find mine!

Maybe the quality of ZapperZ pics are just intimidating the rest of us?

God I hope not. That's why I stopped posting anymore (I have lots more), because I hate to think that people think I'm just "showing off". I love taking pictures, but I also love seeing pictures done by others, because more often than not, I'm seeing the same thing, but from a different perspective that I've never seen or thought off.

So yes, I hope others WILL post pictures that they have!

Zz.

__________________

No longer an active member.

cdub's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/20/2008
Posts: 3220

Keep posting ZapperZ, we'll catch up!

admin's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/14/2010
Posts: 2732

Okay!! Here a few oldies but goodies! These ones are from 2005. I spent a whole trip taking photos I could use as desktop wallpaper mickey

A few from World Showcase...

And some from AK...

admin's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/14/2010
Posts: 2732

Here are a few more...

OKAY Zapp! No excuses! laugh

[img]http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/images/artypics/WS1. jpg[/img]

cdub's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/20/2008
Posts: 3220

Is the last one World Showcase?

Offline
Joined: 08/30/2008
Posts: 3555

cdub wrote:
Is the last one World Showcase?

That's the Stave church at the Noway Pavilion.

Zz.

__________________

No longer an active member.