The Cape May Cafe Clambake

The Cape May Cafe at Disney's Beach Club Resorts is one of my all-time favorite Disney restaurants. I am not usually a buffet person but their Clambake is simply delicious! And this is coming from a girl who does not like seafood.

Because I live close to Disney it is not an unusual occurrence to head to the Cape May Cafe for dinner, and 9 times out of 10 there is no trouble getting a reservation or just walking up. Granted this has not been attempted around major holidays so an advance dinner reservation is probably a good idea during those times.

Beach Club Resort at NightBeach Club Resort at Night
One of my favorite things about the Clambake is the variety of food! Pretty much no matter what mood I am in I can find something I like here.

They have a great salad bar that features both a mixed greens salad and a caesar salad (my personal favorite). For non-seafood eaters like myself they have a variety of pasta and meats, such as roasted chicken and roast beef that are both really good. One of the only disappointments for me at the Cape May Cafe is the mashed potatoes. They just aren't the good and I can't put my finger on why exactly.

Traditional New Emgland Clam BakeTraditional New Emgland Clam Bake
For seafood lovers the Clambake is great! Their crab legs are pretty legendary and their shrimp and clams aren't bad either. There is also a lobster-filled tortellini that is pretty amazing. I stepped out of my comfort zone with this one and have to admit that maybe not all seafood is bad.

The Cape May Cafe has plenty of kid-friendly options including chicken nuggets, pizza, mac-n-cheese, and fresh fruit. I haven't had the pizza but the chicken nuggets and mac-n-cheese are both good!

Steamed ClamsSteamed Clams
Dessert is probably my favorite part of eating at the Cape May Cafe. There is so much variety and I can try each of the desserts if I want because they are small. The oreo bon-bons here are famous but my favorite is the blueberry cheesecake, it is so good!

Thanks so much to our friends at Disney Food Blog for exclusive use of their Cape May Images! Have you tried the Cape May Cafe Clambake? What did you think?

Kristen K. wrote on Wed, 07/18/2012 - 12:23:

I love Cape May for Breakfast, but honestly I'm still a little shy about doing it for dinner. I don't eat seafood at all and I guess I'm just afraid that I'd end up eating from the kids buffet or leaving hungry.

Poppet wrote on Wed, 07/18/2012 - 14:33:

This is a MUST DO for our family. We always have dinner here during our trip. The snow crab legs are to die for!!!! Atmosphere and decor is fabulous. You are made to feel like you're in Martha's Vineyard or Nantucket 1890's. Very charming and the food is soooo yummy!

Arianna wrote on Wed, 07/18/2012 - 16:41:

I too am not a seafood person but I really like Cape May Cafe....I dream of the oreo bon-bons!!

The Cookie Crumbler wrote on Wed, 07/18/2012 - 19:48:

The Cookie Crumbler's picture

I love seafood, especially mussels and clams, and my spouse can eat a pond full of snow crabs. We may have to make this our splurge dinner.

Kristen K. wrote on Thu, 07/19/2012 - 12:03:

From Allears.net "Note that the price of this meal varies based on the time of year (peak seasons vs regular season), and even on the day of the week (weekday vs weekend). The general price ranges for this meal are as follows:

Adult price range: $38.33-$42.59; Child (ages 3-9) price range: $18.10-$20.23

Tax is included; gratuity is not included. A standard, non-alcoholic beverage is included in this price."

Disney Dining Plan is accepted!

Bernie d wrote on Sun, 07/22/2012 - 23:23:

We have been going to cape mays for many years. This is our first dinner the day we arrive. we were especially happy when the offered the crab legs. There is something for everyone even if you do not like seafood there is plenty to eat. and my favorite dessert is the Flan while my daughters is the oreo bon bon. Would highly recommend this buffet. yum yum.

maryvh wrote on Mon, 07/23/2012 - 13:03:

After 9 trips to WDW, my family & I finally had dinner at Cape May last August. We absolutely loved it - the food & the atmosphere are wonderful. My kids are still talking about this dinner one year later! Cape May Clambake is a "must do" for us from now on.

NancyV wrote on Tue, 08/14/2012 - 19:49:

My husband and I eat at Cape May every year. There is plenty for me (non seafood lover) to eat and he loves all the great seafood. And as somebody mentioned the desserts are fabulous. We have always had great service there as well.