Live at Disney: The Golden Oak Community

Have you ever dreamed about living at Disney World? I know that I have! Well there is a new exclusive residential community opening at Disney World.

The Golden Oak Community will feature 450 homesites that will be located in a number of distinct neighborhoods. The first four neighborhoods are Carolwood Reserve, Carolwood, Kimball Trace, and Silverbrook. Carolwood Reserve will be the most exclusive of the neighborhoods, featuring eight homes each on three-quarters of an acre.

There has been some confusion as to whether Golden Oak will actually be on Disney property. While it was part of the original land that was bought by Disney it has since been annexed to Orange County so that Disney will still have complete control and ownership over the Disney Resort property.

So what are the amenities at Golden Oak?

• Disney VIP park passes to Walt Disney World Resort with no block-out dates
  • Free parking
  • Personalized service when making dining reservations at Walt Disney World restaurants
  • Access to Extra Magic Hours, aka special early or late theme park hours each day
  • Select merchandise discounts
  • A membership in the Golden Oak Club, a private social and recreational club with many benefits including Door-to-Park transportation, complimentary merchandise delivery to their home in Golden Oak, special golf services, and access to the Extra Magic Hours Benefit at Walt Disney World (early- or after-hours access to one of the four Walt Disney World Resort Theme Parks daily). Disney-designed holiday decor, golf program and in-park special event tickets will be available for an additional fee.

*If people close on homesites or completed homes before December 31, 2011 they will receive 1 complimentary five-year VIP Pass that is good for access to all Disney Parks, including the water parks and ESPN Wide World of Sports, for themselves and up to four guests!

The Summerhouse
Golden Oak's clubhouse, the Summerhouse, is a 16,000 square-foot residential clubhouse for residents and their guests. Current plans for the clubhouse include indoor and outdoor dining areas, lounge with wine storage and full bar, family room with gaming area, demonstration kitchen for guest chef appearances, as well as a state-of-the-art fitness facility, locker rooms and pool with towel service. An outdoor fire pit, courtyard, function lawn, and park areas are also planned for year-round recreation.

I have to admit the Golden Oak community sounds amazing! So would you ever consider buying a house in Golden Oak? Or do you know anyone who is seriously considering buying? What do you think is the best amenity they offer?

JeffC wrote on Tue, 08/02/2011 - 15:07:

JeffC's picture

I would consider it! I've already prepared Joe that when we win the PowerBall lottery, this is on the list.

I think the 5-year VIP passes are way cool! I also love the home delivery of stuff - Joe would have a cow!

Kasey O'Connor wrote on Tue, 08/02/2011 - 20:37:

Kasey O'Connor's picture

I know right! I could really do some shopping damage in the parks if they would deliver it to my house!

Gaylin wrote on Wed, 08/03/2011 - 06:55:

It would take lottery winnings for me to be able to buy in Golden Oaks, then again, it would take lottery winnings to be able to buy in my neighbourhood in Vancouver. I need to win a darn big lottery!

Erica wrote on Thu, 08/04/2011 - 00:44:

I just told my hubby that I know where we're going to move to if I ever win the Mega Millions!

Candy Parker wrote on Thu, 08/04/2011 - 12:43:

So what is the anticipated cost of living in Disney World? This is my dream come true!

kkendle wrote on Fri, 08/05/2011 - 12:45:

This would be my dream come true but of course the cost of a dream could make that dream just a dream. What would this dream actually cost?

Kasey O'Connor wrote on Fri, 08/05/2011 - 15:06:

Kasey O'Connor's picture

According to the Disney website homes will range from $1.4-8 million.

Scott D wrote on Sun, 08/14/2011 - 20:52:

No link?

I'd move, now if our jobs could only come with us.

Kasey O'Connor wrote on Mon, 08/15/2011 - 02:26:

Kasey O'Connor's picture

mattycakes wrote on Tue, 08/23/2011 - 01:28:

I am thinking of asking like 10+ disney freaks i know to go in and buy one as a community time share for all our families.....better than the dvc

Cleo wrote on Wed, 12/28/2011 - 21:41:

Golden Oak may spark or revive interest in cheaper alternatives like Celebration. I wish these homes had a view of the Animal Kingdom Savannah and allowed for non-Mediterrean/Equatorial architecture styles like storybook houses.