Muddy Rivers Pool Bar at Port Orleans Riverside Resort
Tucked away on Ol' Man Island at Disney's Port Orleans Riverside is the Muddy Rivers Pool Bar. Situated well out of the way of the resort's guest rooms and main building, there is little hustle and bustle unless the feature pool is crowded. It appears to be the shambled kind of southern bar that you would expect to see out on the bayou, except it's Disney squeaky clean. Open to the elements with a faux weathered wood exterior and charming storm shutters that prop open.
Muddy Rivers is open from 11:30am - 9:30pm with a few patio tables scattered around the covered deck in clear view of the pool. Or, if you prefer, you can have a seat on one of the several high backed chairs lining the bar counter facing the TV to catch the game.
The standard Disney Pool Bar Menu is served here with it's small uninspired selection of wines and the same frozen concoction of cocktails you'll find at other pool bars:
- Frozen Specialty Drinks: Pina CoLAVA or Orange Dream and Mango Margarita
- Non-Alcoholic Specialty Drinks: Sour Apple Freeze, Lava Smoothie, and Orange Freeze.
- On the Rocks Specialty Drinks: Poolside Lemonade Captain's Mai Tai and the Ultimate Long Island Iced Tea.
- Beer: 15 common varieties bottled or from tap.
- Wine: Pinot Grigio, Chardonnay, Merlot, White Zinfandel, and Shiraz
This pool bar has been called a "wonderfully relaxing watering hole" that offers a low key southern charm to it's guests. As with all Disney menus, selections and prices are subject to change at any time.
Thanks so much to our friends at the Disney Food Blog for exclusive use of their image as well as Michael Gray for the use of his image through Creative Commons. Have you spent time at the Muddy Rivers? What's your favorite thing about this out of the way poolside bar? Leave a comment and let us know!