Renewing your vows at Disney World

I've always wondered what it's like to have a wedding at Disney World, but I have one major issue in the way: I'm already married!

Luckily, you can still experience the joy, love and magic of a Disney World wedding with a vow renewal ceremony.

Vow renewals at Disney World are done much the same way as weddings -- Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings is the division that oversees weddings and vow renewals at Disney properties all over the world -- even Disney Cruise Lines.

Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings in Florida offers four types of ceremonies: the Memories Collection, a ceremony available only through May 2012 for the couple and up to four guests; the Escape Collection, a "pre-packaged" ceremony for 20 guests or less; the Wishes Collection, which is more customizable and can allow for more guests; and the lavish Couture Collection -- that's where David Tutera gets involved.

So, with that said, a vow renewal ceremony at Disney World could be as lavish or as intimate as you want, and not to mention - magical and creative!

Get some ideas for your future vow renewal over at the Disney Wedding Blog:

For those of you looking to plan a Disney World wedding or vow renewal, disneyfamily.com is running a contest called Happily Ever After. To enter, upload a photo and a love story: "Share your love story " tell us how you met, share your experiences from when you got married, tell us why you want a Disney Fairy Tale Wedding or why you want to renew your vows!" Click here to enter.

Have you ever thought about having a Disney World vow renewal? Or ahve you ever been lucky enough to attend a wedding or vow renewal ceremony at Disney World? Leave a comment below!

caitiesus wrote on Wed, 04/13/2011 - 19:15:

caitiesus's picture

I would LOVE to do this some day. But we should probably wait until our 20th anniversary instead of our second. I would love to hear about others doing it.

katrina1122 wrote on Wed, 04/13/2011 - 20:12:

katrina1122's picture

We could do it next year for our 10th and you could see it then. Of course, we'd need the money for that, lol. We'd love to do it too.

Kristen H wrote on Mon, 04/18/2011 - 05:33:

Kristen H's picture

Catie -- I'm just like you, we celebrate our second anniversary later this month. I mean, we'd have to wait til at least 5 years, right? But 10 or 20 would make more sense.

2andabit wrote on Mon, 08/08/2011 - 22:29:

We have a 20th coming up in two years! What a cool idea!

Nina wrote on Sun, 03/25/2012 - 13:08:

Shannon - PRICELESS!!! And don't think that because my rseopnse only contains one word that that means less that what it does! It inspires one to see through your photos and blog that this type of connection still exists between a man and a woman. Then you add the children and WOW! I'm inspired!May 3, 2010 1:24 pm

Andrea wrote on Sat, 04/07/2012 - 10:32:

I'm currently planning a renewal of my wedding vows. I'd love
To do something like these but money is an issue how much
Would something like this be?? It would be an awesome idea!!!

Julie I wrote on Sat, 06/23/2012 - 11:16:

We renewed our vows at the Wedding Pavilion. It was so special because we had our two daughters in it! We took pictures on the beach outside the pavilion and in the background was Cinderella's castle. Whether you have a guest list of 100 or just 4, like us, Disney treats you like royalty.

debra wrote on Sun, 07/22/2012 - 20:53:

We're from the UK. Been to Florida 4 times and LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Would be a dream come true to renew our wedding vows for our 25th wedding anniversary in May 2014 with the castle as the backdrop. Sadly finances won't allow it :'(

Laura wrote on Wed, 08/01/2012 - 01:21:

Just wondering if anyone has renewed their vows and what the cost is for this? I really want to do this but I can not find anything about cost or how to go about doing this. Any information would be great!!!

Kristen K. wrote on Wed, 08/01/2012 - 15:35:

The vow renewal pricing is the same as any other Fairytale Wedding pricing. You pick the package that you would like (Escape or Wishes). Check out http://disneyweddings.disney.go.com/

Penny :) wrote on Sat, 08/04/2012 - 02:25:

I have been looking ahead to doing this next year to~In August, 2013~~Our 1st Wedding was so special, just the two of us. One small regret was that both of my grown children couldn't be there because of work. My dream would be to do this next year, and bring the whole family...This way, My son's could re~new theirs all at the same time, that would be magical!

Cara Rodden wrote on Thu, 08/23/2012 - 21:37:

I am looking to try and have a vow renewal for my parents who just celebrated their 40th Anniversary. They celebrated thier honeymoon at the Polynesian Resort and I would so love to have them renew at Disney. How expensive is it? Can my family be with them? OMG they are Disney freaks and would so love this!

Kristen K. wrote on Fri, 08/24/2012 - 17:36:

Hi Cara! All of that information about vow renewals can be found at http://disneyweddings.disney.go.com/ I think that it starts about $10K and can go up from there depending on how elaborate you want it to be. Check out the Disney Weddings website for details. :-)

Heather wrote on Sun, 10/07/2012 - 21:46:

I find this such an interesting topic and absolutely would love to renew my vows at Disney and will do it no matter what. I think the prices they charge are pretty hefty and probably well worth it, but not for me. I am planning to renew my vows on my 10th anniversary, which is still a few years away so I have some time to investigate and plan, but I'm wondering why more people aren't just renewing their vows on their own. I was thinking of finding someone to re-marry us, invite a few family members to come out and walk up to the castle and just have them re-marry us. I mean there will be people around, but it will still be special and way way way cheaper, then since I'm planning so far in advance I can plan my special dinner and have them add some little extras. I'm curious what others think of this plan and if you feel I would run into any issues? I feel this would save so much money, yet get me the vow renewal I am lookng for. I'm sure it will take a little more legwork on my part, but it's well worth the money saved.

Elizabeth wrote on Wed, 11/13/2013 - 05:01:

We are planning to renew our vows on our 10th wedding anniversary in February 2015! I hope it all comes together!

chasity wrote on Sun, 07/27/2014 - 14:01:

We will be married 15 years next year...I would love to renew our vows at Disney