Top Five Disney World Resort Quick-Service Locations

While everyone plans their table-service dining to the hilt in Walt Disney World, we wanted to give some props to the unsung heroes that save our butts when we crawl in from the parks exhausted and starving: the Disney resort counter-service spots!

Here are our favorite five:

Pop Century Resort: Everything Pop
Craving a massive POP waffle with strawberry sauce, a hunk of fried chicken, or a piece of tie-dyed cheesecake? The Pop Century Food Court is the place for you! We love it for its bright, fun atmosphere, and a menu unlike any other counter service joint on property.

Pop Waffles and Mickey WafflesPop Waffles and Mickey Waffles

Polynesian Resort: Captain Cook's
The name of the game here? Dole Whip Machine! Yep, the pineapple soft-serve Dole whip dessert is on tap here in a serve-yourself location, so it's the perfect spot to stop on the way back to your room.

Not staying at the Poly? Stop at Captain Cook's on your way to or from the Magic Kingdom for a treat!

Animal Kingdom Lodge: The Mara
Another spot that features some truly unique eats, The Mara features some of your favorite items from Boma, Animal Kingdom Lodge's casual table-service buffet restaurant, upstairs! Looking for roasted red pepper hummus or Zebra Domes? They're right here?

Also, pick up a bottle of great South African wine from the stocked wine shelves here to drink up in your room!

South African Wines at The MaraSouth African Wines at The Mara

Contemporary Resort: Contempo Cafe
This newly renovated spot in the Grand Canyon Concourse of Disney's Contemporary Resort offers just about anything you could imagine -- and you order it via a space-age computer ordering system! Love it! We recommend the pizza flatbreads and the desserts.

Too loud in the Concourse? Grab your food to go from Contempo Cafe and head out to the lake for a delightful picnic.

Wilderness Lodge: Roaring Fork
One of the smaller, lesser-known dining locations in Disney World, Roaring Fork is one of our family favorites. Located right next to the Silver Springs Pool and within easy walking distance to the playground, beach, and walking trails at Wilderness Lodge, it's not the food that calls to us here as much as it is the atmosphere and surroundings.

Head over to Wilderness Lodge for the afternoon, grab lunch at Roaring Fork, and take a stroll on the hiking paths over to Fort Wilderness. You'll feel like you're a million miles away from the crowds of Walt Disney World.

What are your favorite Resort counter service locations? Let us know in the comments section below!

Mase wrote on Fri, 05/06/2011 - 13:09:

Mase's picture

Our family loves Mara. Its a real nice place to grab something to eat. Whether its lunch, dinner, breakfast, snack... its just a nice place. And since its so close to the pool, you can relax by it as well.

pmaljr wrote on Fri, 05/06/2011 - 14:24:

We like Gasperilla's at the Grand Floridian. Pizza, subs, sandwiches, salads, burgers, and a bakery with self service drinks that work great with the resort refillable mug. Great and open late!

Anonymous wrote on Fri, 05/06/2011 - 14:25:

I really like the pizza window at the Boardwalk Inn. The pizza is incredible and the atmosphere on the boardwalk at night can't be beat!

Monica wrote on Fri, 05/06/2011 - 15:56:

I also LOVE Everything POP! They have such a wide variety to choose from. And the tie-dyed cheesecake can't be beat:) We're staying at BLT and AKV in late summer, so I'm very excited to try The Mara and Contempo Cafe! Someone told me that the Roaring Fork had the best hot chocolate they'd ever had. Might have to check that out as well.

JoAnn wrote on Sat, 05/07/2011 - 23:41:

I visited Disney in November 2010 for the first time in close to 30 years and it was my first time staying on property. I loved the breakfast at Everything Pop. While I can't comment on other resort quick service locations, I would like to recommend Pollo Campero (Latin American cuisine) at Downtown Disney. I think it just opened when I was there (or it hadn't been opened long). When I asked if they accepted the Disney Dining Plan I got three answers, "yes", "no" and "what's that?". Aside from the lack of knowledge on the dining plan, my meal was really good and inexpensive. Since I couldn't get a definitive answer on the dining plan I paid out of pocket. It was $10 for fried chicken, two sides and a drink.

Heather Macdonald wrote on Mon, 05/09/2011 - 06:46:

Oh I love Roaring Forks! It is one of the best counter service restaurants on property!

Linda wrote on Tue, 08/16/2011 - 12:25:

My family and I love the Contemporary Cafe. On our last day of each trip, we make sure to have a meal left over on our DDP and we each get one of their wonderful sandwiches and homemade potato chips to go. We take take them to the airport and eat them for dinner instead of having to get the expensive, not so good food from the airport.