December 2009 Trip

Login to post comments
76 posts / 0 new

Tony wrote:
How long did you wait for Toy Story Mania ZZ? We missed it due to 2 hour wait times and no fast passes left by mid day.

Our strategy has always been to show up at DHS when it opens, head straight to Toy Story Mania, get a fast pass, and then stand in line. That way, we get to do it twice in one visit that day. So the wait that early in the morning was seldom longer than 15 minutes.

Zz.

No longer an active member.

bali's picture

ZapperZ wrote:
Tony wrote:
How long did you wait for Toy Story Mania ZZ? We missed it due to 2 hour wait times and no fast passes left by mid day.

Our strategy has always been to show up at DHS when it opens, head straight to Toy Story Mania, get a fast pass, and then stand in line. That way, we get to do it twice in one visit that day. So the wait that early in the morning was seldom longer than 15 minutes.

Zz.

Good thinking. I'll try that on our next trip.

May 2008 CSR mickey

bali wrote:
ZapperZ wrote:
Tony wrote:

Zz.

Good thinking. I'll try that on our next trip.

A lot of people do that, and that's why the fast passes run out very quickly for that attraction.

Zz.

admin's picture

There's always a mass "cattle herd" that goes over to TSM every morning to get in line for fastpasses. Sometimes you'll be in a 20 minutes line just for the FPs! It's incredible.

admin wrote:
There's always a mass "cattle herd" that goes over to TSM every morning to get in line for fastpasses. Sometimes you'll be in a 20 minutes line just for the FPs! It's incredible.

Hey, who are you calling a bovine? I may be lactating, but ....

Smile

Zz.

SpaceAce's picture

ZapperZ wrote:
admin wrote:

Hey, who are you calling a bovine? I may be lactating, but ....

Smile

Zz.

I'm amongst that TSM cattle herd, so I'll just say..

Mooooooo! silly

[url=http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/'http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]

2010 Beach Club Resort
2005 Port Orleans Riverside
2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2007 Wilderness Lodge
2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2009 CBR/Polynesian

These are pictures from our second MVMCP on this trip. Luckily, the weather was A LOT better this second time around (i.e. it was cold, rainy, and wet). And strangely enough, it wasn't that packed either since we did many rides with hardly any wait.

I wish they decorate It's A Small World with holiday theme the way they do at Disneyland.

These are from the parade that evening.

Of course, one must stay for Holiday Wishes. We did and got our most favorite spot to view the show.

Zz.

Annie's picture

Those CMs are so happy walking down the street in the parade! I love it!

Also, I agree that I wish they did the holiday overlays like they do at Disneyland. I'd like to see the Skellington Haunted Mansion, too.

Our evening at MK didn't end right away after Holiday Wishes. We stayed around and did several attractions, and met a few of the citizens of the Magic Kingdom. We bumped into Uncle Scrooge...

.. and also the nasty Red Queen. She was actually giving out autographs right by the Tea Cups!

What happened afterwards was hysterical. The little girl, after receiving back her autograph book, tried to "hug" the Queen. Now, keep in mind that this is the evil Red Queen we're talking about here.

Did the Queen hug back? Of course not! That would be totally out of character. What she did was that she stepped back, and then brushed off her dress where the kid touched her! It was perfectly done!

The following are more sights and scenes around the Town Square.

What was fascinating was a series of windows outside of the Emporium that depicted various scenes from A Christmas Carol but with Disney characters.

It was a fun MVMCP and I'm glad we planned to do it twice on this trip. It gave us such a lot more time to leisurely do many of the stuff we want to do, instead of trying to cramp everything into one evening.

Zz.

admin's picture

I love those windows, and the photos of the little girl with the Queen of Hearts are hilarious! The queen of hearts scares ME, why would that kid hug her?!? Wink

SpaceAce's picture

Was the Candy Cane Garden new this year? I don't remember seeing photos of that in other years...

And what was it exactly?

[/url]

2010 Beach Club Resort
2007 Wilderness Lodge
2009 CBR/Polynesian

bali's picture

Great story about the Queen of Hearts, Zapperz. And those pics of the castle can't be beat. So beautiful.

May 2008 CSR mickey

SpaceAce wrote:
Was the Candy Cane Garden new this year? I don't remember seeing photos of that in other years...

And what was it exactly?

I didn't remember that either from last year. I think some time Santa Claus is there for you to take a picture.

Zz.

SpaceAce's picture

ZapperZ wrote:
SpaceAce wrote:

And what was it exactly?

I didn't remember that either from last year. I think some time Santa Claus is there for you to take a picture.

Zz.

I see. I kind of figured that's what it was, but it'd be fun if you could see different characters in there dressed up for the season, or if they were selling home made candy canes like they do in Disneyland.

[/url]

2010 Beach Club Resort
2007 Wilderness Lodge
2009 CBR/Polynesian

Brad's picture

I think I missed the end of this thread. Great photos in there. Glad I caught it this time.