January 2010 trip report.

Login to post comments
60 posts / 0 new
MrHub's picture
January 2010 trip report.

Hurray, hurray! We leave tonight for Disney World. clapping
I'll try and keep everyone up to date during our trip. Hoping to arrive at SSR by noon or so on Sunday. We have plans to meet up with Vettelover and his DW on Thursday night and invited them to join us on our Illuminations Cruise! Looks like the weather should be fairly nice all week.

SpaceAce's picture

stars Congrats on coming to the end of the long wait!

Have a wonderful time. We're looking forward to your and scrappy's amazing photos.

Tell Vettelover we said Hello!!

[url=http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/'http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]

2010 Beach Club Resort
2005 Port Orleans Riverside
2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2007 Wilderness Lodge
2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2009 CBR/Polynesian

admin's picture

yay clapping yay clapping yay

H O O R A Y!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a great time!

MrHub's picture

Thanks, getting on the road now! We'll be talking to ya! mickey

dsoup's picture

mrhub wrote:
Hurray, hurray! We leave tonight for Disney World. clapping
I'll try and keep everyone up to date during our trip. Hoping to arrive at SSR by noon or so on Sunday. We have plans to meet up with Vettelover and his DW on Thursday night and invited them to join us on our Illuminations Cruise! Looks like the weather should be fairly nice all week.

Woah! I missed that you had an Illuminations Cruise! That's fantastic! Have a great time!

MrHub's picture

Thanks dsoup, I'm sure we will. We're at the end of our first leg of our trip. Just stopped in Ashland Va. for the night. Will start out again first thing in the morning.

Annie's picture

Yesssssssss! Reports from Disney World!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What are you doing in Virginia?! Get going!! Laughing out loud

dsoup's picture

mrhub wrote:
Thanks dsoup, I'm sure we will. We're at the end of our first leg of our trip. Just stopped in Ashland Va. for the night. Will start out again first thing in the morning.

How long did you guys drive for the first night?

MrHub's picture

Annie wrote:
Yesssssssss! Reports from Disney World!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What are you doing in Virginia?! Get going!! Laughing out loud

Yeah yeah Annie, calm down. We're started out first thing in the morning again.

dsoup wrote:
mrhub wrote:

How long did you guys drive for the first night?

dsoup, we only drove 5 hours last night. Just wanted to get past Washington and all that mess during the night, no traffic what so ever. It was great. Really had a bad nights sleep though. Had a Caramel Macchiato from Starbucks at about 8pm and it kept me up tell about 2am. Got back on the road at 7:30 this morning and we are now about 2 hours from Disney in St. Augustine Fl. if we get on the road again early, we should be in WDW by 9:30 in the morning. Will get a good night sleep tonight, no coffee since this morning.

cdub's picture

I don't drink caffeine after 6 (unless it's just a coke, I can drink coke like it's water). I get jittery and can't sleep. I have a little trouble getting to sleep normally so caffeine is just asking for trouble. I think you're there already, but be sure to drive safely if not! (And drive around safely while you're there)

bali's picture

yay Welcome to Walt Disney World!!! mickey mickey

Just figured you'd be there by now... wink

May 2008 CSR mickey

MrHub's picture

This is how our day started, a warm day in Florida.

Got to SSR about 10:30. Checked in but they did not have our rooms ready so they where going to text me when they were ready. Went over to the ticket counter and got out friends thier parkhopper tickets. While we were there, they found out that it was Del's Birthday ( Tom & Del are the friends we brought down to Disney). They had to do something special so: Got a video, cant load it right now. Will continue later. Bye

SpaceAce's picture

Awesome! A video to look foward to! Can't wait to see how Del spent the birthday.

I hope you're having a great time Mr Hub and Scrappy!

[/url]

2010 Beach Club Resort
2007 Wilderness Lodge
2009 CBR/Polynesian

cdub's picture

Real time trip reports are awesome. It's fun to think someone's there right now. It always feels like WDW ceases to exist when I'm not there.

MrHub's picture

Okay folks, back to the story. While we were checking in, they found out it was Del's birthday, so of course, they gave her a Birthday Pin. Then they got on the phone and told someone named Jack to get up here right away, that they had a job for him. The following videos are what Jack does! (sorry they are not the best, but all we had at the time were cells phones, all the cameras were still in the car:

MrHub's picture

Still Day 1:
After our excitement at check-in, left the Carriage House (check-in) and ran into Jack again out side, (he is the official Meet & Greet person) and we talked for a while and he sang some more! His partner is named Jill. Get it, Jack & Jill. They didn't intend on that , it just happened.

Well when we got back to our car, we were going to go to the MK to wait for a text that our rooms were ready, but I got a text that one was ready , do we drove over to Congress Park and unloaded our car and took everything up to that room.
Here is the view from the first room:

Well, we didn't here anything about the second room yet, so we headed over to DHS. Weather was warm, about the mid 70's. The Park was pretty busy

But not too bad. First thing we saw were these guy's;

Did not get to see them perform though, they had just gotten done and were leaving. We saw some sights,

Did the back lot tour and then headed to dinner.

Umm, umm! That was good. Rather eventful too after a few good martini's. More later...........................

bali's picture

Loving the story so far! The videos aren't playing for me -- I just get a photobucket page that says "sorry...blah blah blah", so you'll have to tell us what happens! Smile

The congress park view is gorgeous -- that's the one I had the one time I was at SSR. Back then, we could watch the New Year's Eve fireworks at Pleasure Island from our room every night.

Great shots of DHS -- looks like the start to a wonderful trip.

What'd you eat at Brown Derby? I've never been there -- would love suggestions.

May 2008 CSR mickey

MrHub's picture

Okay, quick drive by. Bali I think I fixed the video links. I spoke with Vettelover by phone. Sounds like he is having a great time. Missed him at Downtown Disney, we showed up, he had just left.

The balloon is not running in Downtown Disney because of the winds. have to keep calling to see when they will be going up. We did AK today. It was pretty empty except for a few tour groups from Brazil, and I won't even start going there.

Will try to get back on tonight with more.

dsoup's picture

Great pics MrHub! Keep it up, I'm living vicariously!

cdub's picture

Hopefully MrHub won't get blown away by the winds!

MrHub's picture

Okay , back to were I left off:
I had the Blue Lump Crab Cake with Potato Crust, Green Cabbage Slaw, Cognac Mustard Sauce, and Remoulade as appetizer, the

Spice-rubbed Black Grouper with Saut�éed Haricots Verts and Sunchokes, Rainbow Carrot Slaw, and Citrus Butter as main course and

Caramel Parfait on a Chocolate Praline Crisp with a Citrus Raspberry Wine Reduction for dessert. Sorry, forgot to take pictures all that.
After dinner, we went to see Fantasmic,

The skies got pretty dark & it started to rain alittle, but there was a pretty good crowd.

To be continued!

SpaceAce's picture

yay clapping muchlove Love the videos, Mr Hub!! Did you say your friend hadn't been to Disney before? What a magical entrance! She looks terrified at first, though -- I think that's the standard for a lot of us when a Disney CM starts in on a gag laugh

Those Fantasmic cloud photos look ominous!

Sorry you missed Vettelover; looking forward to hearing about the Illuminations cruise!

[/url]

2010 Beach Club Resort
2007 Wilderness Lodge
2009 CBR/Polynesian

bali's picture

Great videos, indeed. That's a fantastic first WDW experience.

Looking forward to more pics and stories.

May 2008 CSR mickey

MrHub's picture

****FLASH UPDATE ****FLASH UPDATE***
Stuck in WDW for another day due to weather driving home. Everyone is scrambling to get rooms.

Hey all, well it be one heck of a week. Did all the parks, went up in the balloon in DTD, it was wonderful, got tons of pics. Met up with Vettelover and his DW on Thursday and did the Illuminations Cruise which was out of this world. Vettelover says 'Hello WDWFG". Pictures to follow!

Annie's picture

Sorry about the weather -- fingers crossed you get a room!!!

Brad's picture

mrhub wrote:
****FLASH UPDATE ****FLASH UPDATE***
Stuck in WDW for another day due to weather driving home. Everyone is scrambling to get rooms.

Hey all, well it be one heck of a week. Did all the parks, went up in the balloon in DTD, it was wonderful, got tons of pics. Met up with Vettelover and his DW on Thursday and did the Illuminations Cruise which was out of this world. Vettelover says 'Hello WDWFG". Pictures to follow!

Hole smoke, the weather is too bad to drive?!? Yikes! Hope you get a room and be safe!

MrHub's picture

okay, to finish out Sunday:
We went to see Fantasmic. It only rained a short while before the show and it went off without a hitch,

During the show, I got a text from SSR that our other room was ready. Dont ask me why it took so long, but after the show we went back to SSR and found our room. Here is the view from there.

Pretty nice huh?

admin's picture

Oh, I love the photo of Downtown Disney at night. What a great view! Also really like the Beauty and the Beast pic from Fantasmic.

So, I hope you found a place to sleep tonight! Drive safely tomorrow!

SoloFriendly's picture

Wow, great view of DTD from that 2nd room. Were you able to get a room? Gosh, how bad was the weather? I haven't paid attention the last couple of days to any weather but mine.

Gray
SoloFriendly.com

Brad's picture

That's a great view MrHub. So are you guys safely at home now, or in transit or what?

MrHub's picture

Okay, Yes we got a 2 rooms in CBR for saturday night no problem and upgraded our friends tickets to add a park hopper day, (Wow! a whole $3.00 a piece), so we packed up at SSR, went to CBR, checked in, got our rooms and went back into the Magic Kingdom for the rest of the day. I made reservations at Fultons Crab House on line for dinner Saturday night. It was one of the best meals we had all week! Greg, our waiter, was the best we ever had. He made eating there a whole new experience. We had a blast!

Its 9:19pm and we are in Rocky Mount NC. Its very icy here and some snow on the ground. Hope to be home by 5 pm on Monday.