Disney 2000 Commemorative Glasses - Complete

Login to post comments
8 posts / 0 new
Disney 2000 Commemorative Glasses - Complete

The thing about most of us Disney fanatics is that, we simply can't go for a minute without the instinct of looking for Disney stuff.

This is what happened to me yesterday. I was enjoying the weather and visited a place nearby that I've never been to. It was a pleasant stroll through a rather small town on the Fox River near here. Lo and behold, they had a Farmer's Market, and of course I had to walk through it. Besides the produce and stuff, they also had people selling some of their items from home, very much like a sidwalk/yard/garage sale. And one person had this collection of commemorative Disney glasses from 2000 that I've been looking for.

It's a set of 4, each one represents each of the 4 WDW theme parks. I already have two, and had been wanting to complete the set, but haven't been trying too hard. These are on sale on ebay, but people were asking $18-$45 for the entire set, way more than what I wanted to pay. This lady was selling the complete set for $12. After bargaining for a couple of minutes, I got it down to $10, and paid for the entire set.

I probably could have haggled a bit more, or walked away and came back later, but it was such a gorgeous day, and I was feeling generous.

So now I have extra MK and DAK commemorative glasses. Maybe I'll sell those in my next garage sale! Smile

Zz.

No longer an active member.

JoAnn C's picture

What a great find, Zz.

Hardy0109's picture

Nice! I love seeing what I can find a little sales like this!

omnia mea mecum porto.

@byhardy on twitter.

What a great collection, Zz! Congrats on the find!

I am a horrible haggler. Joe just rolls his eyes at me. A typical garage sale exchange would go like this:

Jeff: OMG look at those Disney collectible glasses!!! THEY ARE ONLY $12!!!!
Joe: Why don't you try to haggle him/her down to $10 or less
Jeff: OK!

Jeff to seller: Those are GREAT glasses - how much will you take for them?
Seller: $12
Jeff: OK!!!!! I'LL TAKE THEM!

Joe: Rolls eyes....

Did we lose some posts since this morning? I'm reading a few threads and unless I had a stroke, I could have sworn they all had more posts than what I'm reading now.

Zz.

No longer an active member.

Yes, we are missing some posts. This thread is missing at least three posts, if not more than that.

dontthrowsand's picture

I used to have those! Over the years they have broken. I still have some of the 25th anniversary glasses though. This one is my favourite.

mteam94's picture

I bought a set of the 25th Anniversary glasses for $10 at a garage sale about 4 years ago! I don't think they knew what they had. I also just found the Animal Kingdom commemorative glass at a garage sale this spring for $1. I was so excited. I just need to find the other 3 now. Laughing out loud