Favourite Disney Apps..

Login to post comments
12 posts / 0 new
Anonymous
Favourite Disney Apps..

Ok..I've searched the google to find out if this has been asked and there was something about 2 years ago..The reason I bring it up was the recent question about storing your FP+ reservations...I've accidentally came across this app ( photo ) and you can move the dates to each day on it,and highlight any FP+ or ADR or anything to remind you...This is on my I Pad but hope to download onto my DS I phone..What are your favourite Disney apps for phones & tablets.?..

PreviewAttachmentSize
image.jpg
image.jpg234.8 KB
King Fergus

Sorry..It's called Undercover Tourist...

Offline
Joined: 07/19/2013
Posts: 1556

I usually find the official Disney app works quite well. It also "unlocks" more features when you're actually at WDW and on their network. It has maps, wait times and all the trip details in it so it's all I really need. I must admit, I haven't really explored the 3rd party apps much though.

oldtink's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/11/2014
Posts: 867

There is also one calling Touring Lines? Their premise is that they can make the line shorter for you if you take their advice (and pay the bump up fee)I tried the free version on my phone, but it does use up memory. I would love to get the Ears and Beers App but apparently it is only good for Apple products and DH won't carry the tablet around Disney.

I do mostly use the WDW site and have a short cut to MDE to make it easier to change or add FP. Since this new since our last trip, I can't judge until I know.

For those of you trivia junkies, there are a number of free apps from Google on Disney Trivia for free. They are difficult so tread with caution. There are also three on Amazon (there is a modest fee) that build in trivia difficulty as well.

__________________

"At some point in life you have to decide if you're the Tigger or the Eeyore."...Randy Pausch

"George Banks and all he stands for will be saved. Maybe not in life, but in imagination. Because that's what we storytellers do. We restore order with imagination. We instill hope again and again and again." Walt Disney

Mrferret's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2013
Posts: 1710

don't have any Disney apps on my phone just a permanent link to WDW for Grown ups awesome

__________________

Howdy Y'all
https://www.facebook.com/matthew.tucker1
Caution Content May be inappropriate

May/June 2016 Magic cruise to Norway
2017 Prtugal wedding adventures
2018 Alskan disney cruise ??
2019 Florida

King Fergus

Mrferret wrote:
don't have any Disney apps on my phone just a permanent link to WDW for Grown ups awesome

Do you not have an I pad.?. eek .Greatest thing since shortbread.. awesome

Mrferret's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2013
Posts: 1710

King Fergus wrote:
Mrferret wrote:
don't have any Disney apps on my phone just a permanent link to WDW for Grown ups awesome

Do you not have an I pad.?. eek .Greatest thing since shortbread.. awesome

No Apple devices in this castle ... Android all the way (and Fax machine)

__________________

Howdy Y'all
https://www.facebook.com/matthew.tucker1
Caution Content May be inappropriate

May/June 2016 Magic cruise to Norway
2017 Prtugal wedding adventures
2018 Alskan disney cruise ??
2019 Florida

Emilio's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/23/2013
Posts: 334

The one I have/use is the official "My Disney Experience" Apps. It's the one that was recommended when I checked in to my resort (with the new wrist bands). It worked very well.

Princess Cupcake's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/12/2014
Posts: 226

I have the official Disney World app, the one called WDW Lines (put out by the ones who do Touring Plan) which shows park hours, current wait times, and hold my own personal touring plans for each day. Although it's not a Disney Specific app, I do have a count down timer on my phone as well...151 Days, 14 hours, 20 minutes, 18 seconds....but who's counting? silly

I'm always on the lookout for a new and fun (and preferably free!) Disney app. I would love one that has some sort of check off list for hidden Mickeys in the park. Would just prefer not to pay $7.99 for the ones I have seen!

__________________

Kristen K.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 09/01/2011
Posts: 22485

In the past I have really only used two. D-Point for my DVC, and TripIt to keep all of my travel plans in. I'm sure I'll be using My Disney Experience now that it is fully rolled out.

King Fergus

Kristen K. wrote:
In the past I have really only used two. D-Point for my DVC, and TripIt to keep all of my travel plans in. I'm sure I'll be using My Disney Experience now that it is fully rolled out.

Me too..It's my favourite.. clapping

oldtink's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/11/2014
Posts: 867

Princess Cupcake wrote:
I have the official Disney World app, the one called WDW Lines (put out by the ones who do Touring Plan) which shows park hours, current wait times, and hold my own personal touring plans for each day. Although it's not a Disney Specific app, I do have a count down timer on my phone as well...151 Days, 14 hours, 20 minutes, 18 seconds....but who's counting? silly

I'm always on the lookout for a new and fun (and preferably free!) Disney app. I would love one that has some sort of check off list for hidden Mickeys in the park. Would just prefer not to pay $7.99 for the ones I have seen!

There is one on google play for android, but I think it costs a dollar....
.https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.disneyparkshiddenmickeys

I wish I could get the Ears and Beers for Android as we won't carry the macs/ipad, etc in the park, just my smartphone.

__________________

"At some point in life you have to decide if you're the Tigger or the Eeyore."...Randy Pausch

"George Banks and all he stands for will be saved. Maybe not in life, but in imagination. Because that's what we storytellers do. We restore order with imagination. We instill hope again and again and again." Walt Disney