Hello fellow WDW fans!

Login to post comments
36 posts / 0 new
DonaldDork's picture
Offline
Joined: 01/23/2011
Posts: 621
Hello fellow WDW fans!

New here.. I seem to be a rather newbie to WDW too.. I've only gone 4 times and my 5th will be this March.
Cant wait to spend many hours here getting insider tips on how to best spend my time!

Seems like a great site so far!!

PS
I'm a cast member for the Disney Stores in CA

Brad's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/05/2008
Posts: 4357

Glad you like the site Donald. So as a CA resident have you done Disneyland as well?

Vettelover's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/28/2009
Posts: 4653

welcome It's great to have you join our Disney family.

__________________

DonaldDork's picture
Offline
Joined: 01/23/2011
Posts: 621

oh yes.. I'm in the L.A. area so.. yeah, I cant even count the number of times I've been to DLand. I'm a Disney Store store manager for 13 years now, so I have a silver pass as well.
Now that I think about it, I'm fairly lucky because one of my cast members (who works just for fun) is member of Club 33, so I have gone there about half a dozen times (next trip there is this coming Sunday!). Another Cast member of mine has DVC, so she usually hooks me up for WDW rooms, charging less than the CM discount!

Hey is there a Disneylandforgrownups website? I would be ALL knowledgeable about that lol!

Bella's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/11/2010
Posts: 3886

Welcome Welcome! I love your name & hearing about DL!

__________________

mickey Bella


MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9418

Hey Donald and welcome welcome to WDWFGU's. I think your like it here and will find plenty of useful tips.

Offline
Joined: 09/12/2010
Posts: 4703

Hiyas and welcome! It's great to have you here mickey

Annie's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/20/2008
Posts: 1610

Yay! A Disneylander! Now...what's a silver pass?!?

DonaldDork's picture
Offline
Joined: 01/23/2011
Posts: 621

Annie wrote:
Yay! A Disneylander! Now...what's a silver pass?!?

ohh... a Silver Pass is a pass that the Company gives to Manager level Cast Members (and above). It's kinda like a Main Gate pass--except it can get the Cast Member AND their dependents in to the Parks (if there's no dependents then it's set at the CM+3) and it also has the 35% discount (20% for food)
It does have blackout days, but those are usually limited to holiday periods and busy summer seasons. There's MANY more blackout days at Disneyland than at WDW.

lol.. everytime I get frustrated at work, I just look at that pass and it somehow calms me.

Offline
Joined: 09/12/2010
Posts: 4703

Wow! Please adopt me. mickey

LeCellierBuff1963's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/30/2008
Posts: 529

Hi Donald!

I welcomed you on the Moderate resorts thread started by Pegosaurus, but let me say welcome to our family! I live in NJ so I'm a lot closer to WDW than to DL. I've been to DL only once, from March 1-3, 1998. I've been to WDW eight times, seven of them solo, the last time in 2007.

Jim

DonaldDork's picture
Offline
Joined: 01/23/2011
Posts: 621

Thank you thank you all!
Love this site! I just want to jump in on ALL the threads lol.. and I have been. But probably because I had two days off lol.. back to work tomorrow Sad
57 more days til Old Key West! yaaaaaay!!

Lizzy_B's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/25/2010
Posts: 3246

DonaldDork wrote:
Annie wrote:
Yay! A Disneylander! Now...what's a silver pass?!?

ohh... a Silver Pass is a pass that the Company gives to Manager level Cast Members (and above). It's kinda like a Main Gate pass--except it can get the Cast Member AND their dependents in to the Parks (if there's no dependents then it's set at the CM+3) and it also has the 35% discount (20% for food)
It does have blackout days, but those are usually limited to holiday periods and busy summer seasons. There's MANY more blackout days at Disneyland than at WDW.

lol.. everytime I get frustrated at work, I just look at that pass and it somehow calms me.

That was one of the hardest things about returning to FL after my CM days came to an end. The first time I had to pay to go to Epcot (for F&W), I nearly choked. So having the AP has been the next best thing.

Is your Silver Pass good for all of the parks? I sense a mid life career change coming on in my life Smile

__________________

Offline
Joined: 09/12/2010
Posts: 4703

Lizzy_B wrote:
Is your Silver Pass good for all of the parks? I sense a mid life career change coming on in my life Smile

Yes! You get in and then bring me on board!! Woo! I'll wait here for the phone call, thx!

DonaldDork's picture
Offline
Joined: 01/23/2011
Posts: 621

it's good for Disneyland, WDW, Disneyland Paris, and Hong Kong Disneyland...

SP

sorry for the poor quality of the pic, it's just like a credit card with a mag strip on the back with all my CM info...
so yes.. a BIG selling point when we recruit for the store!

Lizzy_B's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/25/2010
Posts: 3246

JeffC wrote:
Lizzy_B wrote:
Is your Silver Pass good for all of the parks? I sense a mid life career change coming on in my life Smile

Yes! You get in and then bring me on board!! Woo! I'll wait here for the phone call, thx!

Jeff - I think you've found that second career you've been looking for...

DonaldDork wrote:
it's good for Disneyland, WDW, Disneyland Paris, and Hong Kong Disneyland...

SP

sorry for the poor quality of the pic, it's just like a credit card with a mag strip on the back with all my CM info...
so yes.. a BIG selling point when we recruit for the store!

DD - That's incredible. Yep, I could put up with a LOT of screaming kids pulling down my just-arranged-stacked-up-Mickey-plushes for that dealy Smile

__________________

Tony's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/23/2009
Posts: 1260

I wonder if UK Disney store employee's get those?

__________________

I can only please one person per day. Today isn't your day... tomorrow doesn't look good either.

admin's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/14/2010
Posts: 2732

Wow. It's like the holy grail... laugh

Bella's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/11/2010
Posts: 3886

Donald..is that perk just for managers or all Disney Store Staff?

__________________

mickey Bella


DonaldDork's picture
Offline
Joined: 01/23/2011
Posts: 621

it's Manager level and above only.. so assistant managers are the lowest level that receive it.

DonaldDork's picture
Offline
Joined: 01/23/2011
Posts: 621

but everyone on staff has some sort of benefits! everyone gets at least 2 free admission tix (or enough for all dependents) twice a year.. 20% or 35% discount on merchandise (based on tenure--35% starts at 3 years)... and they get to remind everyone that they work for the best Company in the world! Smile

Offline
Joined: 09/12/2010
Posts: 4703

That is cool! Do you have any tips or see-krits for getting a job there?

DonaldDork's picture
Offline
Joined: 01/23/2011
Posts: 621

hmmm lets see.. I always look for.. someone who is outgoing and not shy, but.. not over the top annoying (it can be a fine line lol)... then they have to have a good availability (weekends are a must!).. of course, passion for Disney!

SpaceAce's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/06/2008
Posts: 2532

DonaldDork wrote:
hmmm lets see.. I always look for.. someone who is outgoing and not shy, but.. not over the top annoying (it can be a fine line lol)... then they have to have a good availability (weekends are a must!).. of course, passion for Disney!

I know exactly the line you're talking about... laugh

__________________

[url=http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/'http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]

2010 Beach Club Resort
2005 Port Orleans Riverside
2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2007 Wilderness Lodge
2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2009 CBR/Polynesian

Brad's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/05/2008
Posts: 4357

I think Jeff's your man!

Bella's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/11/2010
Posts: 3886

Ahh..so management pays! That's pretty awesome..and luckily you live close enough!

Now..I may be dumb..but wasn't the Disney Store bought out a few years ago by the people who own the Children's Place? Or did I make that up?

__________________

mickey Bella


DonaldDork's picture
Offline
Joined: 01/23/2011
Posts: 621

Bella wrote:
Ahh..so management pays! That's pretty awesome..and luckily you live close enough!

Now..I may be dumb..but wasn't the Disney Store bought out a few years ago by the people who own the Children's Place? Or did I make that up?

no, you're not dumb.. the stores WERE being run by Children's place for 4 years a few years ago. We refer to those times as "the Dark Ages"... it was similar to a licensing deal, not really "owned" per se. Anyway, Disney took the stores back and we are again part of the Walt Disney Company for about 2 years now! Smile

Offline
Joined: 09/12/2010
Posts: 4703

Brad wrote:
I think Jeff's your man!

*waves*

PS - I'm the one on the right, in case there's any doubt

Lizzy_B's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/25/2010
Posts: 3246

JeffC wrote:
Brad wrote:
I think Jeff's your man!

*waves*

PS - I'm the one on the right, in case there's any doubt

Haha - Jeff, I love that you qualified that Smile When and where was that taken, by the way?

DonaldDork wrote:
Bella wrote:
Ahh..so management pays! That's pretty awesome..and luckily you live close enough!

Now..I may be dumb..but wasn't the Disney Store bought out a few years ago by the people who own the Children's Place? Or did I make that up?

no, you're not dumb.. the stores WERE being run by Children's place for 4 years a few years ago. We refer to those times as "the Dark Ages"... it was similar to a licensing deal, not really "owned" per se. Anyway, Disney took the stores back and we are again part of the Walt Disney Company for about 2 years now! Smile

Yes, from what I read, DD, looks like there are some awesome things in store for Disney Stores! Will you be getting the new "interactive" upgrades at your store in the near future?

__________________

Offline
Joined: 09/12/2010
Posts: 4703

Lizzy_B wrote:
JeffC wrote:
Brad wrote:
I think Jeff's your man!

*waves*

PS - I'm the one on the right, in case there's any doubt

Haha - Jeff, I love that you qualified that Smile When and where was that taken, by the way?

TRIVIA QUESTION!! Anyone want to venture a guess or know where this was taken?

Bella's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/11/2010
Posts: 3886

JeffC wrote:
Lizzy_B wrote:
JeffC wrote:
Brad wrote:
I think Jeff's your man!

*waves*

PS - I'm the one on the right, in case there's any doubt

Haha - Jeff, I love that you qualified that Smile When and where was that taken, by the way?

TRIVIA QUESTION!! Anyone want to venture a guess or know where this was taken?

Right outside Tony's on Main Street...right? I could be wrong but that was my first instinct!

__________________

mickey Bella