Help with DD and her DH honeymoon trip!

Login to post comments
12 posts / 0 new
93boomer's picture
Offline
Joined: 11/16/2013
Posts: 902
Help with DD and her DH honeymoon trip!

So my DD and her new DH are taking their honeymoon trip in April to the best place in the world, WDW! clapping They are staying at the Pop. We have never been to the Pop so I can't answer any of their questions about the resort. If you have stayed recently, could you give them some personal views on the rooms, food court, busses, pool, etc? Also, they didn't realize when making reservs that there isn't a gym there until yesterday. Have any of you stayed at a gym-less resort and used the gyms in the other resorts during your trip? Was it a hastle? Where did you go and how much did it cost you? They have started working out recently and can't miss a whole week while vacationing.
She knows how much you guys have helped us out on new things to try during our trips, so she has asked if you all can help them. Thanks so much for any useful info you can comment about.

crazycatperson's picture
Offline
Joined: 09/19/2011
Posts: 3709

We stayed at Pop last April. The rooms are small, but not too small for two people. The beds are double beds, but they're honeymooning so THAT should not pose a problem! The food court is, well, a food court. The food is good enough, but we did most of our eating in the parks or at other resorts' restaurants. Because Pop is such a large resort, the buses can get crowded and they might have to wait for a second bus, especially when leaving a park and heading back to the resort. We never used the pools, but they looked nice enough. We also never use a gym at WDW, figuring we get plenty of exercise walking 5-7 miles per day.

Nyxess's picture
Offline
Joined: 09/09/2014
Posts: 203

Pop Century and Art of Animation share a beach line on a large lake that sits between the two sets of resort buildings. If they can't get to the gym, my suggestion would be to do a circuit or two between the two resorts. The walking paths are clean and even (just like all Disney paths Smile), and the scenery is excellent.

It would likely take between 30-45 minutes to do the full circle around the two resorts. Also a great excuse to check out the pools at Art of Animation while they're jogging through.

__________________

No trips planned currently... But we're hopeful something in 2017!!!

oHIo's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/04/2014
Posts: 805

Pop Century has rooms with one king size bed instead of two double beds. We have stayed in one in past trips. They can be requested but not guaranteed. Hope this helps.

JMed's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/16/2014
Posts: 3724

Go back and peek at our November TR. We stayed at Pop and we had a king bed. Lots of pictures on there and if there are other ones you need, feel free to private message me or click my facebook link. There are several pics from Pop on there and I think the ones of the room!

We enjoyed staying there, we were building 10 close to the main building so only about a 5 minute trip from room to food court/gift shop/pool/everything!

__________________

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

93boomer's picture
Offline
Joined: 11/16/2013
Posts: 902

Thanks everyone!! I will pass on the info to my DD.

93boomer's picture
Offline
Joined: 11/16/2013
Posts: 902

JMed wrote:
Go back and peek at our November TR. We stayed at Pop and we had a king bed. Lots of pictures on there and if there are other ones you need, feel free to private message me or click my facebook link. There are several pics from Pop on there and I think the ones of the room!

We enjoyed staying there, we were building 10 close to the main building so only about a 5 minute trip from room to food court/gift shop/pool/everything!

Thanks JMed!! I will let you know if she has any more questions. wink

figgy's picture
Offline
Joined: 11/15/2013
Posts: 819

Congrats to your dd from me!!!!!!! muchlove muchlove muchlove muchlove I have a friend who loves pop but says the bus service isn't the best. You must be so excited! xoxo

__________________

August 2016 here we come!

NikkiMouse's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/19/2015
Posts: 526

I love Pop!!!! We have stayed there the past couple of years. It is a value and as long as they have that mindset when they go then they will be thrilled. We stayed in the 50's building on the top floor (our request) We also did not face the pool because I always find that be loud. The view was not the best, but it was quiet and that is way more important to me.
I usually workout everyday too, but with the pool and the paths, plus the 20-25,000 steps I was doing a day, the gym was not necessary. At least to me!
The food court has decent food, but it can be a bit of a nightmare depending on what time you get there. We usually got up early and ate and had little to no crowds.
The grounds are really nice and well themed as is the pool. There are 3 pools all together with the biggest one being right in the center.
I have zero complaints about the buses. Pop Century does not share with the other resorts, so I found them to be on time and reliable. It does take a bit to get to the MK, so make sure they plan for that if they are trying to make rope drop or any Fast Passes.

__________________

93boomer's picture
Offline
Joined: 11/16/2013
Posts: 902

figgy wrote:
Congrats to your dd from me!!!!!!! muchlove muchlove muchlove muchlove I have a friend who loves pop but says the bus service isn't the best. You must be so excited! xoxo

Thanks! They are both jumping up and down to stay a whole week! They got married last October and haven't been able to get off work to go anywhere. And now it is at the best place in the world!

93boomer's picture
Offline
Joined: 11/16/2013
Posts: 902

NikkiMouse wrote:
I love Pop!!!! We have stayed there the past couple of years. It is a value and as long as they have that mindset when they go then they will be thrilled. We stayed in the 50's building on the top floor (our request) We also did not face the pool because I always find that be loud. The view was not the best, but it was quiet and that is way more important to me.
I usually workout everyday too, but with the pool and the paths, plus the 20-25,000 steps I was doing a day, the gym was not necessary. At least to me!
The food court has decent food, but it can be a bit of a nightmare depending on what time you get there. We usually got up early and ate and had little to no crowds.
The grounds are really nice and well themed as is the pool. There are 3 pools all together with the biggest one being right in the center.
I have zero complaints about the buses. Pop Century does not share with the other resorts, so I found them to be on time and reliable. It does take a bit to get to the MK, so make sure they plan for that if they are trying to make rope drop or any Fast Passes.

Thank you NikkiMouse! I will pass all this info on the them!

Mrferret's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2013
Posts: 1710

Pop century had the best busses of all the value resorts because they don't share like the allstars do.
food court was decent enough .and the rooms are clean and tidy . Congratulations to them both.

__________________

Howdy Y'all
https://www.facebook.com/matthew.tucker1
Caution Content May be inappropriate

May/June 2016 Magic cruise to Norway
2017 Prtugal wedding adventures
2018 Alskan disney cruise ??
2019 Florida