Sept, 2010 trip

Login to post comments
20 posts / 0 new
subvetss's picture
Sept, 2010 trip

Well we are back. Jan and I met up with Dana and her friend Dawn. Two very lovely young ladies. We had a sandwich in Earl's and then desert in Gearadelli's .
We were all going to take a boat ride after that but Jan was not doing great and needed to lay down for a while back at our room. We were sorry to have to leave the girls but that's what we had to do. We are very pleased to have met those fine girls.
When we got to our room on Sunday evening we found a wonderful surprise. A Mickey mug with beautiful flowers. It was a gift from an unnamed friend including a paid in full reservation to the Hoop-D- doo review. It made Jan cry. The card said from a WDW grown up friend and that's all. We have no Idea who did it but it was a wonderful gift. One which will be endeared in our memory forever. This is the only place we can say thank you. The nicest thing that ever happened on a Disney trip.
Jan did not do very well on this trip and we don't know about any future ones.
She was pretty sick when we left yesterday but feeling some better today.
One day at a time.

pix: Joe, Jan, Dana and Dawn
Joe

PreviewAttachmentSize
b0bitlzqvjybumf5tqaemvgjh2ica0np.jpg
b0bitlzqvjybumf5tqaemvgjh2ica0np.jpg0 bytes
Brad's picture

I'm so glad you guys got to meet up. I think I'll start a collection of meet-up pictures.

I'd also like to say how wonderful I think whoever sent the gifts was. We're always very proud of what a great community we've built here and we become prouder every day!

Bella's picture

Brad wrote:
I'm so glad you guys got to meet up. I think I'll start a collection of meet-up pictures.

I'd also like to say how wonderful I think whoever sent the gifts was. We're always very proud of what a great community we've built here and we become prouder every day!

I agree..my jaw literally hit the floor when I read that. What a great thing to do..it says a lot about the people who are on this forum. muchlove muchlove

I hope Jan is feeling better soon..she is in my thoughts.

When you have the time I hope you'll post more details & photos of your trip! I'd love to read/see them!

mickey Bella

Hi Joe,
Great picture of the four of you. Sorry to hear that Jan was not feeling well. So, did you get to go to your dinner? Any more pictures of your trip?

dsoup's picture

That's really cool about the Hoop-Dee-Doo trip! What a great idea! Hope Jan gets to feeling better soon.

dragynally's picture

Hi Joe! It was so great to meet you and Jan. Dawn and I will keep you both in our thoughts. We had a great time having lunch and talking with you. You and Jan made a special trip extra special. Give Jan a hug for us.

[url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]

[url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]

bali's picture

What an amazing photo of the four of you! Thank you so much for sharing such a fun memory with us (and you picked my two favorite places in Downtown Disney to eat, so yay!)

The gift from a WDWFG friend is incredible. This really is an incredible forum with a great group of friends and "family." I hope you did get to go to Hoop Dee Doo. That show never gets old!

I'm glad Jan is feeling better since returning home. Please give her a big hug from us in my house!

May 2008 CSR mickey

Tony's picture

It's never nice when you don't feel well away from home, but I hope it didn't spoil your holiday.

And what an amazing thing to find in your room and a wonderful gesture from someone.

I can only please one person per day. Today isn't your day... tomorrow doesn't look good either.

cdub's picture

Sorry Jan wasn't feeling well, but I think it's great that you guys got to meet up and that someone is such a generous person.

MrHub's picture

Hey Joe, hope Jan's feeling better. Sounds like you had a fun trip though. Hope you didn't end up looking like me when we went in June............

, I still say they put something in my drink. I don't remember volunteering for this!.

yay Yeehaaaa! 12 days!!!!!! clapping

dsoup's picture

mrhub wrote:
Hey Joe, hope Jan's feeling better. Sounds like you had a fun trip though. Hope you didn't end up looking like me when we went in June............

That's my new favorite WDWFG picture. That needs to go in a hall of fame somewhere.

Annie's picture

dsoup wrote:
mrhub wrote:

That's my new favorite WDWFG picture. That needs to go in a hall of fame somewhere.

AGREED! yay

milliehubbard's picture

Hey Joe and Jan,

Glad you were able to meetup with some WDWFG friends on your trip and that one of "Ours" was able to make your trip just that much extra special! We have great folks here!

Hope Jan is feeling better {{{prayers and hugs}}} coming your way.

Millie & DH

Resorts

2017 AKL-Jambo House (May)
2017 Old Key West (Apr)
2016 Port Orleans Riverside (Oct)-Hurricane Matthew!!
2016 Old Key West (Aug)
2016 CBR (Jul)
2016 Art of Animation (May)
2015 Ft. Wilderness Campground (Oct)
2014 Sherwood Forest RV Park (Nov)
2013 Pop Century (Jul)
2012 Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress (Jul)
2011 Radisson Lake Buena Vista (Aug)
2010 Pop Century (Nov)
2009 PO Riverside (Jul)
2008 Pop Century (Apr)
2006-2007 FL residents: Hunters Creek 8 miles from the parks!!
2005 All Star Sports (Jul)
2005 PO Riverside/CBR/CSR (Apr)
mickey

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker Free Disney Tickers

bali's picture

Loving the picture, Mr Hub!

May 2008 CSR mickey

Bella's picture

Mr. Hub!!!!!!!!!!! I love the tutu! It suits you!

mickey Bella

MrHub's picture

Bella wrote:

Yeah, I figured everyone would like that!

cdub's picture

mrhub wrote:
Bella wrote:

Got any more gems you're holding out on us?

MrHub's picture

As a matter of fact, I do have some real winners, but we'll save them for another thread!

SpaceAce's picture

Sounds good; looking forward to it, Mr Hub.

Welcome home to all of you, Dragynally, Subvets, and Jan. What a wonderful gift to receive.

We're thinking of you and Jan, Joe, as always.

[url=http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/'http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]

2010 Beach Club Resort
2005 Port Orleans Riverside
2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2007 Wilderness Lodge
2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2009 CBR/Polynesian

Bella's picture

mrhub wrote:
Bella wrote:

I just now noticed the fairy wings..I died.

mickey Bella