What is your favorite moderate?

Login to post comments
29 posts / 0 new
Bella's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/11/2010
Posts: 3886
What is your favorite moderate?

If we can't stay at AoA (which I don't think we can) we will be doing a moderate. I love the values but we've been there and done them too many times. We've stayed at Riverside twice and I adore that resort and this time I think we want to try something new...we are leaning towards POFQ but I thought i'd check here and see what everyone favorite moderate resort is..and why?

I was hoping to do AKL or WLV but there is actually almost a $1000 dollar price difference..that was enough for me to say no thank you! I don't remember the difference being that high in the past...is that weird?

__________________

mickey Bella


Online
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 1893

Our favorite moderate is the Caribbean Beach Resort. Can you tell I just love those island themed resorts. I think there has always been a big jump in price from the moderate to the deluxe resort prices. It seems to me like there is not a huge difference between value and moderate though.

J.P.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 12/08/2010
Posts: 438

When I saw the title of this post I immediately thought "Port Orleans Riverside!!!" I love the theming, the wide open spaces, and beautiful walking paths. The quiet pools are a real plus as you don't have to fight with lots of people to get cooled off.

But. . .that's where you've been staying, haha laugh

French Quarter is also gorgeous, but since you're going with a young kid who'll likely have a stroller I'd ask for a ground floor room. You definitely wouldn't want to carry a kid and a stroller up to the 3rd floor.

Offline
Joined: 09/12/2010
Posts: 4703

POFQ is tops because it's always been so quiet and relaxing for us. But we're anxious to try POR as well. But we also loved CBR....um...WE LOVE THEM ALL!

Catherine's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/25/2011
Posts: 426

We have stayed at Riverside and it was nice. I really want to stay at the Caribbean Beach Resort though. It looks so fun and I love the theme and colors!

robertcraig's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/19/2011
Posts: 138

POR is my favourite going back this year. Just love PIANO BOB and boat ride to downtown disney

__________________

robertcraig

katrina1122's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/08/2010
Posts: 427

I've never done a mod, but POFQ would be my first choice. Look into renting DVC points though. I figured out we can stay at AKL Studio for less than a Mod by about $300 if we do the Value View at AKL.

__________________

Wishin' I was at WDW!

Bella's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/11/2010
Posts: 3886

I may have to look into CBR again..it's been so long since I've paid attention to it!

__________________

mickey Bella


Bella's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/11/2010
Posts: 3886

I haven't seen any Coranado love..Brad aren't you a fan of this resort?

__________________

mickey Bella


J.P.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 12/08/2010
Posts: 438

I love the theming of Coronado but its location is the pits. It's the furthest away from the parks I love so that's a big downfall in my books.

bali's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/20/2008
Posts: 3444

robertcraig wrote:
POR is my favourite going back this year. Just love PIANO BOB and boat ride to downtown disney

PIANO BOB!! So much fun!

That said, Bella I have to vote for Coronado Springs! It's definitely the most "deluxe" of the moderates. It has a gym (which we love -- it's the only mod with a gym) and a salon if that's important to you. I think you can get massages there as well. The pool is fantastic, and even the quiet pools are decent. There are queen beds, and the rooms have just been renovated so they have the new "duvet" bed coverings, gorgeous wood furniture accents, flat screen TVs, and even two little ottomans for extra seating.

PreviewAttachmentSize
coronado_springs_king_bed.jpg
coronado_springs_king_bed.jpg125.84 KB
coronado_springs.jpg
coronado_springs.jpg117.66 KB
__________________


May 2008 CSR mickey

Lizzy_B's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/25/2010
Posts: 3246

J.P. wrote:
When I saw the title of this post I immediately thought "Port Orleans Riverside!!!" I love the theming, the wide open spaces, and beautiful walking paths. The quiet pools are a real plus as you don't have to fight with lots of people to get cooled off.

But. . .that's where you've been staying, haha laugh

French Quarter is also gorgeous, but since you're going with a young kid who'll likely have a stroller I'd ask for a ground floor room. You definitely wouldn't want to carry a kid and a stroller up to the 3rd floor.

The stroller point is very important! We love CBR, but we didn't think about asking for a 1st floor room on our last stay. Lugging the stroller up the steps = not fun.

And CBR and its pirate rooms gets my vote Smile

__________________

ChipnDaleFan's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/02/2010
Posts: 882

POFQ! I love it here- it's so laid back, romantic, fun and just beautiful to walk through. The pool is super kid friendly too with an awesome slide. I've stayed at CRB as well and I love that hotel too but the POFQ does have much better bus service than CRB. The food court is better at CRB though IMO. Really both are great and you can't go wrong!

__________________

Grovesnor offsite '93 ~ Port Orleans '94 ~ Port Orleans '95 ~ Caribbean Beach '97~ Carribbean Beach '99 ~ Caribbean Beach '00 ~ Offsite '02~ Caribbean Beach '08 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter '10 ~ Dolphin/Hilton '12-~All Star Sports '16

Bella's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/11/2010
Posts: 3886

bali wrote:

That said, Bella I have to vote for Coronado Springs! It's definitely the most "deluxe" of the moderates. It has a gym (which we love -- it's the only mod with a gym) and a salon if that's important to you. I think you can get massages there as well. The pool is fantastic, and even the quiet pools are decent. There are queen beds, and the rooms have just been renovated so they have the new "duvet" bed coverings, gorgeous wood furniture accents, flat screen TVs, and even two little ottomans for extra seating.

Is Coronado Springs "Disney" enough for you though?? Does that sound weird?

__________________

mickey Bella


shonkiesgirl's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/06/2011
Posts: 215

Caribbean Beach for sure!!! I love the ambience & the colors of the place AND the layout is spectacular.

Lizzy_B's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/25/2010
Posts: 3246

bali wrote:
robertcraig wrote:
POR is my favourite going back this year. Just love PIANO BOB and boat ride to downtown disney

PIANO BOB!! So much fun!

That said, Bella I have to vote for Coronado Springs! It's definitely the most "deluxe" of the moderates. It has a gym (which we love -- it's the only mod with a gym) and a salon if that's important to you. I think you can get massages there as well. The pool is fantastic, and even the quiet pools are decent. There are queen beds, and the rooms have just been renovated so they have the new "duvet" bed coverings, gorgeous wood furniture accents, flat screen TVs, and even two little ottomans for extra seating.

Bali - LOVE the pics! Thanks for sharing. I've never stayed there, and it's fun to see what the rooms are like.

__________________

kormelmer's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/01/2011
Posts: 107

We happen to like the POFQ for the quietness. Coronado has too many conventions for my taste.

__________________

We've stayed at:
Grand Floridian, Wilderness Lodge, Beach/Yacht Club, Old Key West Resort, Port Orleans (Riverside & French Quarter), Coronado Springs, Boardwalk Inn, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Caribbean Beach, Pop Century, All Star (Music & Sports).

arbolita's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/26/2011
Posts: 149

We've stayed at CBR, CSR and POR, and I think POR is our favorite, with CSR as a very close second.

Offline
Joined: 07/02/2011
Posts: 988

Port Orleans Riverside! That is my favorite moderate. Love the theme, it transports you back in time to a more gracious era. The gardens are gorgeous! My family and I find it very peaceful and relaxing. That being said, we just stayed at POFQ in May. We've never stayed there and were very pleased. The new upgraded rooms are beautiful and the queen beds are very comfortable. My kids loved the "Sea Serpent" slide, they couldn't get enough. The longest we had to wait for a bus to the parks and back was 5 min. If you have never stayed at POFQ yet, give it a try.

Bella's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/11/2010
Posts: 3886

Poppet wrote:
Port Orleans Riverside! That is my favorite moderate. Love the theme, it transports you back in time to a more gracious era. The gardens are gorgeous! My family and I find it very peaceful and relaxing. That being said, we just stayed at POFQ in May. We've never stayed there and were very pleased. The new upgraded rooms are beautiful and the queen beds are very comfortable. My kids loved the "Sea Serpent" slide, they couldn't get enough. The longest we had to wait for a bus to the parks and back was 5 min. If you have never stayed at POFQ yet, give it a try.

Thanks..and welcome to WDWforgrownups!!!!!! welcome welcome

I think we have decided on POFQ for the moment..I haven't booked yet and I will be all up in the air until I press confirm...cause those CS beds are looking mighty comfy.

__________________

mickey Bella


lizzi6692's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/04/2011
Posts: 24

The beds at Coronado Springs are amazing. That's where we stayed last time and are planning to stay in December. We like the extra space and CSR is the only moderate with queen beds. The theme for the pool at CSR is really cool.

__________________

J.P.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 12/08/2010
Posts: 438

Poppet wrote:
That being said, we just stayed at POFQ in May. We've never stayed there and were very pleased. The new upgraded rooms are beautiful and the queen beds are very comfortable.

I just looked at the new room upgrades! Yay for Disney for finally incorporating another moderate with 2 queens!

Bella's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/11/2010
Posts: 3886

J.P. wrote:
Poppet wrote:
That being said, we just stayed at POFQ in May. We've never stayed there and were very pleased. The new upgraded rooms are beautiful and the queen beds are very comfortable.

I just looked at the new room upgrades! Yay for Disney for finally incorporating another moderate with 2 queens!

Gasp! I didn't realize they were queens!!!

__________________

mickey Bella


Offline
Joined: 07/02/2011
Posts: 988

The new queen beds at POFQ are heavenly! You feel like you are floating on a cloud. Best night sleep ever in a moderate resort!

milliehubbard's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/25/2009
Posts: 489

Hands down, our favorite moderate is Riverside. It is so relaxing and the grounds are beautiful....not to mention the excellent amenities and LOVE the ferry to DTD.

__________________

Resorts

2017 AKL-Jambo House (May)
2017 Old Key West (Apr)
2016 Port Orleans Riverside (Oct)-Hurricane Matthew!!
2016 Old Key West (Aug)
2016 CBR (Jul)
2016 Art of Animation (May)
2015 Ft. Wilderness Campground (Oct)
2014 Sherwood Forest RV Park (Nov)
2013 Pop Century (Jul)
2012 Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress (Jul)
2011 Radisson Lake Buena Vista (Aug)
2010 Pop Century (Nov)
2009 PO Riverside (Jul)
2008 Pop Century (Apr)
2006-2007 FL residents: Hunters Creek 8 miles from the parks!!
2005 All Star Sports (Jul)
2005 PO Riverside/CBR/CSR (Apr)
mickey

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker Free Disney Tickers

Bella's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/11/2010
Posts: 3886

We haven't booked yet because we are still SO torn.

I have no idea...luckily I have awhile to decide..I'd just like it to be official..it makes me happy when it's official!

__________________

mickey Bella


J.P.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 12/08/2010
Posts: 438

Did anyone mention that POFQ has beignets? I mean, they are a delicious snack AND they were featured in a "Princess" Movie!!!

With beignets and queensized beds, I'd say POFQ is a good deal! yay

Bella's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/11/2010
Posts: 3886

Perhaps I should do one night at each resort!

That would be the worst idea...ever...but fun to talk about!

__________________

mickey Bella


J.P.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 12/08/2010
Posts: 438

Bella wrote:
Perhaps I should do one night at each resort!

That would be the worst idea...ever...but fun to talk about!

That would be neat! Imagine staying one night at every resort (deluxe, moderate, and value) on the property! That would be a trip in itself!

Oh, but if anyone else wants to volunteer to pay for it. . . . .