2013 Disney Motion Pictures Line Up

Login to post comments
20 posts / 0 new
Kristen K.'s picture
2013 Disney Motion Pictures Line Up

Which 2013 Disney Motion Pictures movie are you looking forward to most? How come?
For me, it's Saving Mr. Banks.

• The Great and Powerful Oz

• Iron Man 3

• Monsters University

• The Lone Ranger

• Thor: The Dark World

• Frozen

• Saving Mr. Banks

Allie's picture

Monsters University! yay

Kat's picture
Kat

I hadn't even heard of Saving Mr. Banks til right now--sounds great! My mom is a huge Mary Poppins fan so maybe I'll be able to see it with her! I honestly can't pick a favorite after that: I'm so excited for most of them (other than The Lone Ranger, which I probably won't see). Iron Man is my fiance's favorite superhero and Thor is one of mine, so we're both pretty pumped for the year!!

Fall 2015: Master's Degree Graduation Trip, Details TBD! Can't wait to be back in the World!
Nov. 2014: Baby's First 1/2 Day at the Magic Kingdom; our date day at Hollywood studios
Jan. 2014: Our princess was born!
May 2013: Our POR & DCL honeymoon (& my husband's first Disney trip of hopefully many!)
May 2013: Our Disney-themed wedding

Kris1971's picture

The previews for The Great and Powerful Oz look awesome! Can't wait to see it!

Mike&Donna's picture

The Great and Powerful Oz! I agree...the previews look awesome. I have always wondered how Disney would have handled The Wizard of Oz...maybe this will give some insight.

Life is what you make it...then there's Disney!!!

I'm with you Kristen, I want to see "Saving Mr. Banks." I am a Mary Poppins fan.

JoAnn C's picture

It's a tie between Monsters University and Saving Mr. Banks.

crazycatperson's picture

I was a huge comic book geek in my younger days and still love all the movies. So after Iron Man and Thor I'll say Monsters University. I've never heard of Frozen, so who knows, maybe that'll make the list also.

disneydoc's picture

definitely Monsters. LOVE the Laugh Floor at MK. mickey

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker DIStickers.com Ticker

Hardy0109's picture

Monsters for sure. Love the animated side more, and Laugh Floor makes me want more Monsters Inc. Second would be Oz, and 3rd is Ranger

omnia mea mecum porto.

@byhardy on twitter.

Ponkool4's picture

I'm excited for Lone Ranger and Monsters University. By the way, I thought I heard about a Cars spin-off called Planes. Has anyone heard about that? Is it real?

Next WDW trip: May 19-27, 2013

JoAnn C's picture

Ponkool4 wrote:
I'm excited for Lone Ranger and Monsters University. By the way, I thought I heard about a Cars spin-off called Planes. Has anyone heard about that? Is it real?

According to IMDB, the release date is August 09, 2013. I remember reading at one time it was going to be straight to DVD but I'm not sure if that's still the case.

Update - just found an article that Planes will be in the theaters. It's being produced by DisneyToon Studios.

andreas's picture

I am stoked for both Saving Mr. Banks and The Great and Wonderful Oz!

Ponkool4's picture

JoAnn C wrote:
Ponkool4 wrote:

According to IMDB, the release date is August 09, 2013. I remember reading at one time it was going to be straight to DVD but I'm not sure if that's still the case.

Update - just found an article that Planes will be in the theaters. It's being produced by DisneyToon Studios.

Thanks! I'll keep an eye out for it.
And, now that I looked it up, I'm looking forward to Frozen too.

JoAnn C's picture

Tom Hanks is busy this year, he's also making a TV movie "Toy Story of Terror".

The Cookie Crumbler's picture

JoAnn C wrote:

I heard about that! Personally, I think the movie trilogy wrapped up the over-all story really well, but I do love the idea of shorts and specials rather than continuing that franchise with full-length films. It's easy for a franchise to get tired by doing an endless amount of features, but this format allows for a lot more creative flexibility and doesn't put as much pressure on the studio.

Fellow Americans, I hear your tambourines inside my head and that's no lie!

JoAnn C's picture

Found this on IMDB. It's from 5 months ago, so I'm not sure how accurate it is today.

http://www.imdb.com/list/L18XAbUIAeA/?ref_=tt_rls_2

Ponkool4's picture

JoAnn C., that list is really interesting! I'm especially looking forward to the Tron: Legacy sequel and Star Wars: VII

On a different note, I just found out that the upcoming Disney's "Planes" movie is going to be part of a trilogy. The second movie is already in development and is titled "Planes: Fire and Rescue". I found this pretty surprising considering that the first movie isn't even in theaters until five months from now. I guess their counting on the success of the Cars movies. By the way, Planes and Cars are set in the same world, so there will probably be some tie-ins and cameos.

JoAnn C's picture

JoAnn C wrote:

The release date for "Toy Story of Terror" is October 16.

Mandy's picture

I loved Oz and I am very excited for Saving Mr. Banks and Frozen. I just wish Disney would start advertising more for Frozen. There are like 3 billboards up for Frozen around Studios.

I just heard of Toy Story of Terror. Oh boy.