:( Canceled till next year.......March 2014 Dinseymoon pretrip (long) report

Login to post comments
10 posts / 0 new
Anonymous
:( Canceled till next year.......March 2014 Dinseymoon pretrip (long) report

------Due to DH needing a new car we have to postpone our trip till next year.........

Hi Everyone ****Warning this is long and wordy, I write as if I was standing in front of you talking face to face*****Everything is subject to change and open to suggestions.

We are planning our Disneymoon for 1st week of March 2014. (As long as tax return it good) Told work this will be one of those vacations that I book and say bye see you in a week.

A little background
This will be my 5th trip to WDW (last was in 2010). And this will be DH 2nd trip. I am counting it as his 1st trip as the 1st one was 20 years ago. He was just a little boy and does not remember anything. He is getting the Disney bug (ants in the pants). Came to me the other day and asked if we are still going because the new commercial's make him want to be there now.
Does this ring a bell for anyone?

Here are our plans so far and subject to change. Will be purchasing DDP. Just like knowing that meals are already paid for and no need to budget for them.

Sunday March 2
Drive from Tennessee early 3am-4am to Orlando
Check in Pop Century hopefully by 3pm

Take bus to MK for extra magic hours till 11pm. Walking under train station by 6pm-6:30pm. Just take time walking down Main Street to Casey's Corner. I cannot wait to see how he reacts to everything. When it comes to amusement parks he is a 10 year old child. But who is not a 10 year old child at Disney? Right? Right!

Hoping we can get a table outside Casey's Corner eat dinner and be able to watch castle show and Wishes from here.
After Wishes no plans just wonder around.

Since we would have gotten up early (and no sleep night before), not sure if we will make it to 11pm. But we will give it a try. I'm hoping to be back at resort and head on pillow no later than 1am.

Monday March 3 (There is no sleeping late, We ARE AT DISNEY)

Epcot hours 9am-9pm no extra hours

Want to be at park close to rope down.
The plan is to only do Future World this day.
Fast Passes Soaring, Test Track, Mission Space (DH only). I am not good in small spaces.

Lunch in Mexico at La Cantina de San Angel (What time does World Showcase open?)

After lunch, head back to resort around 1:00pm for a possible swim and rest.

Hollywood Studios Extra Magic Hours 7pm to 9pm
Bus to Hollywood Studios 3:30pm-4:00pm (DH will not be able to stay away from park longer than a couple hours)

Just like night before at MK not going to really make any plans other than an ADR at Sci-Fi around 6pm. My hope is that while people are watching Fantasmic at 7pm, we can to do RNR and TOT and poss. TSM or at least do them during Magic Hours.

Back at resort by 11:00pm and head on pillow by 12:00am

Tuesday March 4 Mardis Gras
Magic Kingdom Day! Hours 9am-9pm no extra magic hours
Be at park for rope down.
FastPass+ Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain and Splash Mountain, Will try to space out throughout the day) I am one of those who does not land hop. Normally start in Adventureland and work my way around ending in Tomorrow. Family Tradition...
First thing is take castle picture.
Sleepy Hollow for Nutella Waffle breakfast. DH will more than likely just get a coffee at the resort, with refillable mug.

No major plans for Magic Kingdom.
Lunch will be a quick service,I would like to try the lobster roll at Columbia Harbour House. But DH is not big on seafood. If the line for BOG is not to bad may try to get in. Already tried to get ADR but at this time all full.

I am thinking we will leave before Wishes starts (since we would have seen it on Sunday night) and maybe go to the Polynesian for dinner either at Kona or Ohana. I cannot make up my mind on which one. I have read whatever has said about them both. So I am asking for help, if you could only eat at one which would it be? I have a 3rd option if they are still letting non resort guest watch wishes from the beach, getting something at Captain Cook's Snack Company and have a picnic on the beach while watching Wishes. I am not sure where I read this, but I thought this would be so honeymoony thing to do.
Plan is to be back at resort by 11:00pm and head hitting pillow by 12:00am

Wednesday March 5th Flower and Garden Show

Epcot in afternoon hours 9am-9pm no extra magic hours
No rush this morning as we are going to Epcot for Flower and Garden Show in World Show Case.
Be at Epcot around 10:30-11:00am and explore World show case and the Flower Garden show.

DH wants to try Drinking around Epcot. And I want to explore as many food booths as I can. So no lunch plans other than snacking booths around the world.
Will try and get a dinner ADR at Rose and Crown Pub outside to be able to watch Illuminations. This is more for DH as he loves fireworks and laser shows. This is a show at Disney I can miss. Sorry to anyone that really likes this show. It is just not one I have to see every time I go.
Same goal as night before try to be at resort by 11:00pm and head hitting pillow by 12:00am

Thursday March 6
Animal Kingdom hours 9am-6pm no extra magic hours
FastPass+ Everest and Safari
I never really feel the need to rush around this park. Also just love to walk and people watch mostly.
And explore the Tree of Life. Will admit have not spent enough time here and have not seen any of the shows. So main goal is to explore and see shows.
Lunch will be at Yak and Yeti Restaurant. If not able to get ADR will to the quick services. After reading what everyone has side about the wantons I have to go!

Since this park closes early the plan will be to go back to resort.
Maybe change and then go to DTD. Dinner will be Earl of Sandwich. Have been wanting to go back since 2010. I know it is just a sandwich but really like them.
My night routine is starting to be the same.
Resort 11:00pm bed 12:00am

Friday March 7
Hollywood Studios hours 9am- 7pm no extra magic hours
FastPass+ ROR, TOT and TSM
The rest of day is easy going and just explore and do what we can do.
ADR for Mama Melrose with Fantasmic package
We would have been there half day on Monday so this will just be do whatever we want.
Resort 11:00pm bed 12:00am

Saturday March 8th Going home?Maybe?
We have not really confirmed plans for Saturday at this time. The plan right now is to check out around 10:00am. Maybe do breakfast at Chef Mickeys or another breakfast buffet (where do you recommend) to fill us up for drive home. We may go to DTD before leaving for any last minute shopping.

Wave goodbye to Mickey around 4:00pm-5:00pm.
We hope to return in October 2014 for baby girl 1st trip or sooner if I we decide to race the TOT 10miler.

JMUDukz's picture

Good plans. To answer your question, World Showcase opens at 11. I would also pick 'Ohana over chef Mickey's for breakfast that last day. It's served all you can eat family style, but the food is brought to you (so not so buffet like). Pluto, Mickey, Minnie (I think she's there), Lilo and Stitch. Something about Chef Mickey's just turns me off.

All in all a good plan. Be SURE to see the Festival of the Lion King at AK. You will not be sorry!!!

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Spook's picture

Sounds like a great trip! And yes, definitely see Festival of the Lion King at AK!

Allie's picture

Finding Nemo at AK can't be missed! And I wouldn't be too worried about getting a ressie at Yak & Yeti...when we were there last October they were able to get us in an hour early for our ADR because the restaurant was next to empty. Sounds like a great plan so far!

IsabelSnow

Thank you to everyone for your suggests on where to eat and shows to see. I am hoping to be able to spend more time at AK and see the shows. Last time there my DD23 got sick after a ride on EE so we where only there for a couple hours.

ADRS so far

Monday March 3- Sci-fi 5:50pm
Wed March 5 Rose and Crown Pup 7:35pm (hope we can get a table outside to with Illuminations)
Thursday March 6 Yaki and Yati 1:00pm
Friday March 7 Mama Melrose 1:30pm (Fantasmic package)

I am still trying to see if we can get into BOG for Tuesday March 4th. Been calling almost everyday and checking website.

Kristen K.'s picture

IsabelSnow wrote:

I am thinking we will leave before Wishes starts (since we would have seen it on Sunday night) and maybe go to the Polynesian for dinner either at Kona or Ohana. I cannot make up my mind on which one. I have read whatever has said about them both. So I am asking for help, if you could only eat at one which would it be?

Though I like both restaurants I much prefer dinner at Ohana.

AnnielovesDisney's picture

I agree with Allie that Finding Nemo at AK is a must see!!! Shows are a MUST DO for us every time we go to Disney world.
If you haven't seen Beauty and the Beast at HS, that's a must see too. And Voyage of the Little Mermaid at HS is a cute, short show too. Sounds like a great Disneymoon!

MrHub's picture

IsabelSnow wrote:

I am thinking we will leave before Wishes starts (since we would have seen it on Sunday night) and maybe go to the Polynesian for dinner either at Kona or Ohana. I cannot make up my mind on which one. I have read whatever has said about them both. So I am asking for help, if you could only eat at one which would it be?

I would prefer Kona over 'Ohana for the food, but both restaurants are very good. Lately 'Ohana has seemed to be very pushy to get people in and out, especially if it's a party of 2. We have not enjoyed it as much the last few times we have gone, but Kona has been a hit every time, plus there is more to choose from at Kona. I love their Togarashi Spiced Ahi Tuna & Sushi. We also heard somewhere that they may have brought back the Coconut Almond Chicken.

Mandy's picture

I'd go with Kona and it's probably easier to get into Kona then 'Ohana as well.

IsabelSnow

Thank you everyone for your help. This maybe a fly by the seat of our pants and whichever one floats are boat on the that day.