H0ney227's March 2014 Disneymoon Pre-Trip Report!

Login to post comments
28 posts / 0 new
h0ney227's picture
H0ney227's March 2014 Disneymoon Pre-Trip Report!

I've decided I would get started with my pre-trip report because things are about to get very busy in the next few months!

Tuesday - Lance and I arrive around 2 Pm at PHL! And my plan is to try and do nothing this day! Haha, just relax with my family. We will be staying at my parents house in NJ.
Wednesday - I'm sure it will be a busy day picking people up from airports and running around.
Thursday - Going and doing pre wedding spa things.
Friday - Rehersal dinner.
Saturday - Wedding day!
Sunday - Exploring Philly with out of town friends and family.

DISNEY TIME!
Monday - Arrive in Orlando around 2 Pm! Take ME to the Grand Floridian Villas! It will be Lance's first trip and Im really hoping he enjoys Disney as much as I do. Ill probably tear up as soon as I get the the ME people. So we will check in to our hotel. Hopefully there will be enough time to do some exploring around GF/VGF. Walk over to the Poly for our reservation at Ohanas.
Tuesday - Im planning on this day being the AK day. Lance is going to love this park the most I'm pretty sure! I'm planning on being there for rope drop hopefully. Must do rides are: Dinosaur, Everest, Kali, and Safari. And we will be hitting up all of the animal trails. Over to EPCOT for dinner at LA Hacienda. And hopefully Illuminations.
Wednesday - Today will be Magic Kindom day! Trying to be here for rope drop since I've never been to rope drop! (Ive always gone with my parents and they are big sleeping in folks!) Very sad that Splash mountain and People Mover are going to be referbed this week. They are my favorite! Must rides are: Pirates, HM, Philiharmagic, Space Mountain and Buzzlightyear. Resi for BOG. Very excited to eat here. I havnt been to Disney since before new fanatasyland was built and Im very excited to see BOG since Beauty and the Beast is my absolute favorite movie! And Wishes is a must see!
Thursday - This is a no park just say around and relax day! Early resi for 1900 Park Fare and a later resi for California Grill! Nothing really special planned for this day except relaxation.
Friday - Hollywood Studios today. This is very much my least favorite park. I could go ride ToT and RnR and then just leave and be happy. But of course Lance will have to see all of it! He's very much looking forward to ToT and RnR but he's most looking forward to Lights Motors Action! I do think he will be very impressed with that show. Dinner resi at Kouzzina. Debating if we want to go back to HS to wrestle crowds at Fantasimic or just relax and have some fun around the Boardwalk area.
Saturday - Our last full day sad EPCOT day. Going to go around the world (well whichever parts we didn't finish on Tuesday). The must rides are pretty much every ride except Ellen and Captain EO. Resi at Via Napoli. Watch Illuminations later.
Sunday - Time to go back home.

The Colonel's picture

Sounds like a great plan. Can I ask where you are having your reception?

See my Disney Photography at...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

DVC owner since 2002 BCV/BWV/BLT/VGC

h0ney227's picture

In south Jersey. I'll PM you.

alicemouse's picture

sounds great, h0ney!!

A few tips for your "first timer" rope drop at MK - rope drop has two distinct "camps", so know which one you want to be part of before you get there.

The first is the die-hard-on-the-ropes-i-want-to-be-the-first-in-line-for-something people. If you want to join the rush crowd (which is definitely fun to do once in a while!), be at the park an hour prior to opening. If you are on an EMH morning, Adventureland and Frontierland do not usually open for morning EMH, so plan your first attractions in Tomorrowland or Fantasyland. Sometimes if you're right at the lefthand rope (as you face the park) and you're quick, you can get some decent character photo ops right after the rope drops. If you go straight into the park and hang a left immediately, the characters from the opening show are visible for a minute on their way offstage. You can also still hear the pre-show, but between the angles and the train station railing, you have absolutely no view of it if you are standing at the ropes.

The second camp is the pre-show-watchers. If your goal at rope drop is to see the absolutely adorable pre-show where a bunch of characters ride in on a train and count down to park opening, you want to position yourself back a little father for a good view, closer to the bag check area. 30 minutes before park opening is plenty early if this is your goal. If you watch the show, if you're a pin trader, take your time strolling down Main Street because all of the cast members are out waving to guests early in the morning and it's a great opportunity to stop and trade.

Glad to hear you have an ADR for BOG! I didn't try to get my ADR early enough, so we did standby at lunch during our December trip and we waited an hour to get to the front door (we got in line at 10:20am)--longer than we waited for any attraction during the entire rest of the trip!

Be good at something. It makes you valuable. Have something to bring to the table because that will make you more welcome. --Randy Pausch

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:
December 2013: 10th Anniversary, 1st DVC Stay | April 2014: Birthday on the Boardwalk | May 2014: Star Wars Weekend, Navigating WDW with a wheelchair | August 2014: Villains Unleashed | September/October 2014: MNSSHP, F&W, Tower of Terror 10-miler | March/April 2015: Disneyland and California Coastal Cruise | November 2015: Wine & Dine Half, Food & Wine, 1st Disney Cruise | February 2016: Presidential Classic Gymnastics Meet | March 2016: "Work" Trip, Tours, F&G Festival | April 2016: Conference at Disneyland | Fall 2016: Festive Fall Fun | January 2017: Festival of the Arts | May 2017: AbD Backstage Magic | July 2017: AbD San Francisco | Sorry I had to give up doing trip reports. Too many time commitments right now.

h0ney227's picture

Thats a bummer about you ADR Alicemouse, but at least you did get in. Thank you so so much for the rope drop tips. I assure you there will be no running to anything as Lance just wants to relax the whole time haha. Or try to. I'm not much of a relaxer myself so we will see where that goes. I will def be wanting to see that adorable rope drop show though, so ill be staying back so I can get a view.

alicemouse's picture

You'll work it out. My husband is a relaxer and I'm an energizer bunny. As long as you're patient with each other and know that you have different priorities going in, you'll both have a wonderful honeymoon (and more importantly, a wonderful marriage!!) muchlove

Be good at something. It makes you valuable. Have something to bring to the table because that will make you more welcome. --Randy Pausch

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:
December 2013: 10th Anniversary, 1st DVC Stay | April 2014: Birthday on the Boardwalk | May 2014: Star Wars Weekend, Navigating WDW with a wheelchair | August 2014: Villains Unleashed | September/October 2014: MNSSHP, F&W, Tower of Terror 10-miler | March/April 2015: Disneyland and California Coastal Cruise | November 2015: Wine & Dine Half, Food & Wine, 1st Disney Cruise | February 2016: Presidential Classic Gymnastics Meet | March 2016: "Work" Trip, Tours, F&G Festival | April 2016: Conference at Disneyland | Fall 2016: Festive Fall Fun | January 2017: Festival of the Arts | May 2017: AbD Backstage Magic | July 2017: AbD San Francisco | Sorry I had to give up doing trip reports. Too many time commitments right now.

JanJ's picture

OMG, you forgot about Toy Story Mania at HS. Were you going to do that ride as well? This ride is quickly becoming one of my all time favourites!!

h0ney227's picture

We are going during spring break so I kinda feel like I'm going to end up not even trying unfortunately sad

JanJ's picture

h0ney227 wrote:
We are going during spring break so I kinda feel like I'm going to end up not even trying unfortunately sad

But with fastpass+, you can pre-book the date and time. You are staying on site, right?

Allie's picture

Sounds like a wonderful trip! Can't wait to hear how you like the new villas! And I agree with Jan, TSM is definitely a must do. If you get there right at rope drop you can get a ride in before the lines get too insane! congrats

h0ney227's picture

I'm staying on site but I still need to get the Disney military tickets. Ive heard people have been having problems linking them so Im not even sure Ill even be able to book our fastpass+. :/

JanJ's picture

Ahhh, I get it now. Well, I hope it all works out for you when you do get the passes. crossfingers

h0ney227's picture

Thanks Jan! I should be getting them sometime this month. I have to call them in and then they get overnighted the guy said. So hopefully I will find out soon.

Eeyore's picture

h0ney227 wrote:
I'm staying on site but I still need to get the Disney military tickets. Ive heard people have been having problems linking them so Im not even sure Ill even be able to book our fastpass+. :/

We always get the military tickets too and the last I heard, they were not/couldn't link them. I would get them ASAP and call Disney and plead with them bc it's your honeymoon and you really want access to fastpass plus, etc. Maybe they can work it out? If not, you will still have a blast!

You're going in March, right? March isn't as crowded as April. Most school spring breaks happen in April, around the Easter holiday. Smile

taratru's picture

That sounds wonderful! I'm so excited for you guys!

Mandy's picture

That sounds like a great plan! I think Disney's plan by March is to have most parks participating in fastpass+ for everyone which means TSM should have fastpasses if you get there a little later then park opening at DHS.

h0ney227's picture

Eeyore wrote:
h0ney227 wrote:

We always get the military tickets too and the last I heard, they were not/couldn't link them. I would get them ASAP and call Disney and plead with them bc it's your honeymoon and you really want access to fastpass plus, etc. Maybe they can work it out? If not, you will still have a blast!

You're going in March, right? March isn't as crowded as April. Most school spring breaks happen in April, around the Easter holiday. Smile

Thanks everyone. And yeah I'll try that Eeyore! I'm staying on property and doing the dining plan and everything. Ill be so sad if I cannot get them hooked up to the bands and get fastpass+

Breaufam's picture

Eeyore wrote:
h0ney227 wrote:

We always get the military tickets too and the last I heard, they were not/couldn't link them.

We had no issue linking our military park hopper tickets. However you can only link one at a time, ie, we have two sets, ea. for four days so we only have one set linked now and will link the other set on day five.
I'd be interested if someone else knows differently.

h0ney227, have a great disneymoon! muchlove

JMUDukz's picture

Sounds awesome!! I totally feel you on Hollywood Studios!! Hope you get lots of pixie dust for your honeymoon!

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

h0ney227's picture

Breaufam wrote:
Eeyore wrote:
h0ney227 wrote:

We always get the military tickets too and the last I heard, they were not/couldn't link them.

We had no issue linking our military park hopper tickets. However you can only link one at a time, ie, we have two sets, ea. for four days so we only have one set linked now and will link the other set on day five.
I'd be interested if someone else knows differently.

h0ney227, have a great disneymoon! muchlove

Awesome Breaufam! We are only going to need one set cause we rant going very long. But thats very good to know for the future. And thanks everyone!

Magic Mirror's picture

Happy Wedding and Happy Anniversary!

How are your plans going?
Are you pre packed.

date

h0ney227's picture

Magic Mirror wrote:
Happy Wedding and Happy Anniversary!

How are your plans going?
Are you pre packed.

date

Thank you Magic! Plans are going okay. Im having problems connecting my ADRs to myexperience app right now but everything else is going well. Not pre packed at all because we just moved. And are still moving, the big move (couch, bed, washer and dryer ect) we are moving tomorrow. So hopefully soon! Ill probably be packed in the begining of March though.

h0ney227's picture

I just ordered my Mil tickets. The man said I will not be able to hook them up to the app because they are only vouchers. Ugh. He showed me what they look like though and they do have numbers on them and a little bar code... So I'm going to try anyway. And maybe I can work something out if I call Disney. This fastpass+ thing is bumming me out tho.

h0ney227's picture

Also, if I do have to take my voucher to guest services at the gate can I do that at any park, like AK for example? Or would it be something I have to take to MK?

Mandy's picture

h0ney227 wrote:
Also, if I do have to take my voucher to guest services at the gate can I do that at any park, like AK for example? Or would it be something I have to take to MK?

You should be able to do it at any park.

h0ney227's picture

Mandy wrote:
h0ney227 wrote:

You should be able to do it at any park.

Awesome Mandy. Thank you!

h0ney227's picture

Got them linked with no problems! All my fast passes are set!
AK- Kilimanjaro Safaris, Expedition Everest and Dinosaur
MK- Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder and Space Mountain
HS- Rock n' Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror and Lights Motors Action
EPCOT- Living with the Land, Soarin' and Mission Space
So Happy today!

senseicj's picture

congrats congrats congrats sounds like you have a great plan, have a great trip, I am sure your soon to be DH will love Disney. how can he not?!!!!

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
--Walt Disney--

[url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]