It's Official! The 2018 Disney Dining Plans Include Alcoholic Beverages

Login to post comments
11 posts / 0 new
Kristen K.'s picture
It's Official! The 2018 Disney Dining Plans Include Alcoholic Beverages

With new packages out it's official, the 2018 DDPs include booze! This has the internet riled up with everyone about price increases, and fears that even more people will be drinking to excess. Personally, as a frequent Deluxe DDP user I am thrilled with the prospect of this. I get mimosas for breakfast at table service spots, so theorhetically this is actually going to save me money. CRAZY!

http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/articles/news-disney-dining-plan-updates-announced-2018-and-alcoholic-drinks-are-now-included

These are the 2018 prices for the dining plans:
Quick Service Dining Plan: $52.49/adult, $21.75/child age 3-9
Standard Dining Plan: $75.49/adult, $25.80/child age 3-9
Deluxe Dining Plan: $116.24/adult, $39.90/child age 3-9

I have to wonder though, will it include 2 cocktails per person at the signature restaurants? What are your thoughts about this? Are you excited or is the price bump going to turn you off the DDP from here on out?

wdwizbest's picture

Not to change the subject, but at what restaurants can you get mimosas at? I don't remember seeing that on any menus.

"leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy." " Walt Disney "

I have seen them on quite a few menus. I am sure they are on The Grand Floridian Cafe breakfast menu as well as the Wave and Captains Grill breakfast menus. I would think they are probably on most resort table service breakfast menus.

As far as adding the alcoholic drinks to the dinning plan goes, I know we still save much more using TIW. I was curious once we got home last week as to if we would have saved money using the dining plan. After running the numbers, we saved over $500 using TIW. That is adding in almost all of our snacks and all of the bottled water we bought in the parks.

crazycatperson's picture

It makes no difference for us; the dining plan didn't fit our dining habits anyway. With the dining plan, we would spend more money and not get exactly what we want (appetizers and maybe no dessert).

We do enjoy a drink with dinner sometimes, so raising the price and including alcohol wouldn't have bothered us, but I can see why nondrinkers would be peeved at having to pay for something they don't want. On the other hand, it's always been that way - if we did the dining plan, we'd be paying for desserts we maybe didn't want (or I would at any rate; hubby gets dessert more often than I do).

Kristen K.'s picture

wdwizbest wrote:
Not to change the subject, but at what restaurants can you get mimosas at? I don't remember seeing that on any menus.

Off the top of my head I have had them at Whispering Canyon, Chef Mickey's, The Wave, Kona Cafe, Boma, Grand Floridian Cafe, Akershus (they make a damn fine mimosa here), and Cape May Cafe. I have gotten them at pretty much every Disney table service breakfast I have ever had. They aren't often on the menu, but it's a standard cocktail so just ask and they can usually make one for you.
muchlove

Allie's picture

If we were doing the dining plan next year I would be all about this! But we're going to be AP as of November so are going with the TIW card. Just makes the most sense when we're taking four trips: November will be a party of 7, January a party of 3, April a party of 6, and October a party or 6. One TIW can get the discount for everyone in the group.

JoAnn C's picture

I enjoy a drink with my meal. I have no problem with it being added or the increase if I were to get the plan. I think they should have had it as an add on option so those who don't drink won't have to pay for something they won't use.

JanJ's picture

JoAnn C wrote:
I think they should have had it as an add on option so those who don't drink won't have to pay for something they won't use.

I can't see Disney adding that option and that is why we don't go with the dining plan as we prefer appetizers over dessert. The TIW card gives us the best flexibility and saves us the most money.

JoAnn C's picture

JanJ wrote:
JoAnn C wrote:
I think they should have had it as an add on option so those who don't drink won't have to pay for something they won't use.

I can't see Disney adding that option and that is why we don't go with the dining plan as we prefer appetizers over dessert. The TIW card gives us the best flexibility and saves us the most money.

I like the flexibility of TIW too.

Spook's picture

We don't really drink so it wouldn't be a plus for us. However, the dining plan is too much food for us so we save money by paying out of pocket. We had TIW the last couple years, but we don't save with that either as we don't drink or eat at signature restaurants. We don't eat at table service every day either.

We sound very boring laugh

designedbydisney's picture

having done table service dinning plan and the deluxe, both are too much food and too much time spent in restaurants. hence our decision to book the Q/S dinning plan for our upcoming trip. As a non drinker (recovering addict) this doesn't effect me.