January 2012 trip filled with surprises!

Login to post comments
129 posts / 0 new
Lizzy_B's picture

You're welcome for the good weather...except for yesterday, you've had a good run.

Omigoodness, please let us know the status of your friend. Praying that everything is okay with her. Those pics are fantastic, and we can't wait to hear all of the other little details of your trip!

Stay safe!

Kris1971's picture

I hope everything is OK! We're excited for your trip report! Have a safe trip home!

Brad's picture

mrhub wrote:
Well we are scheduled to leave tomorrow, but we are sitting in Celebration Hospital ER. Del had an attack of some sort & could not breath. Always exciting in Disney.

Be sure and check in and let us know everything is okay! Thinking about you!

MrHub's picture

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. Del is still in the Hospital and we don't really know when she is going to get out right now. We are in the Hampton Inn just outside of DTD on Palm Parkway for another night.

Long story short, we got back from dinner last night at Fultons, which I will discuss later, and Del could not catch her breath, so Tom called medics again and they took Del to Celebration Hospital. That was around 8:30 last night. They finally admitted her this morning at around 3:30 am. We had gone back to the Poly to get some rest and Tom took a cab back at around 4:15 am.

Oh and I just want to say, if you ever get sick and need to go to a hospital when your at Disney, you want to go to Celebration Hospital, it's like a freakin Country Club or a 5 Star Hotel. The ER has 60 beds, all private rooms! There are restaurants in the hall ways. Coffee machinevalets and bottled water & to top it all off, free valet service at the emergency entrance.

This morning after we woke , we had some breakfast at Captain Cooks & then when Tom woke up we checked out of the Poly. Went to the hospital and they had put Del in the Cardiac Wing, which was a little scary to see, but apparently they just didn't have any rooms. This hospital does some action, over 58,000 go through the ER there every year!

So now we are just waiting it out to see if she gets discharged tomorrow morning. We will see. We never have dull trips!

Brad's picture

Have they given you any clue on what happened? Feeling better now?

MrHub's picture

Just think it was a severe Asthma attack, which she never had before. She is feeling alittle better. Need to get her blood oxygen levels up before she can go home.

Wow, mrhub, what an experience. Hope Del is back to her usual self really soon.

Sending prayers for a speedy recovery!

Kris1971's picture

Thinking of all of you all, and especially Del. I hope she feels better soon!

Lizzy_B's picture

I hope she's feeling better in short order! Not a fun way to extend your vist. But I second what you say about Celebration Hospital - I believe it's a FL Hospital, and my care there has always been top notch!

Hi everyone,
Just a quick post to thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers. Del was released today around 2 and we have started home. We are in for the night about half way through Georgia.

JoAnn C's picture

Glad to hear she was released today. Have a safe trip home.

Great news! Hope you have a very safe and uneventful trip home.

Good deal! Be careful on your way home.

Kris1971's picture

So happy to hear she is OK. Save travels!

Brad's picture

scrappy wrote:
Hi everyone,
Just a quick post to thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers. Del was released today around 2 and we have started home. We are in for the night about half way through Georgia.

Excellent! Safe travels!

MrHub's picture

Okay back to the trip report now:
Continuing with the first day:

After getting somewhat settled in to our rooms, we headed over to Captain Cooks for a bite to eat. Here come the food pictures people! yay clapping

Oh and can't forget..................

MrHub's picture

We then jumped on a launch and went into the Magic Kingdom for a while. First thing was we went to meet Mickey & Minnie.

Brad's picture

Is that the adult grilled cheese? If so, what's your opinion on it?

MrHub's picture

We strolled around, walked through some stores, watched some street performers

and then headed into Tomorrow Land for a ride on CoP & TTA.

Crowds were pretty low which we were happy to see.

What in the world are those contraptions the street performers have?!?!

Oh, and CUPCAKES!!!!!

**drool slobber drool drool drool**

MrHub's picture

It was getting near 4pm so we headed back to the Poly to freshen up and get ready for dinner at the California Grill.

Time for dinner and off we went, taking the monorail around to the Contemporary.

We didn't quite get a window seat, but the view is really nice anywhere in the restaurant.

MrHub's picture

I will let the pictures tell our dinner

MrHub's picture

Well dinner was delicious , and the fireworks started just as we were ordering dessert.

We got done dessert and headed back to the Magic Kingdom for a little while.

Took last two pictures using a new "miniature" option on my new Olympus camera.
We then headed back to the Poly to call it a night. The week was just beginning. biggrin

Kris1971's picture

I'm so excited to see your trip report. I've been waiting patiently to read it. Great start! Yum...Cali Grill!

Bella's picture

Brad wrote:

I was wondering the same thing!

And oh my goodness..I missed this TR and thought "I need to read a good TR today" so I came to read yours and my goodness..what an eventful trip!! I hope Del is doing okay now! My goodness I am glad that I read this after the fact and didn't have to wait..I can't imagine how you all must have felt on that trip..how scary!!

mickey Bella

MrHub's picture

Brad wrote:

Yes Brad that was and it was awesome! Going to try to duplicate it at home.

MrHub's picture

Day 2 - Monday Jan 23:
Today started off with that beautiful sunrise.

I can never get tired of this!

Had a light breakfast at Captain Cook's in the Poly, and off we headed to HS. Looking back, we didn't really get many pictures in HS this trip. We must have been to excited because today was surprise #3 for Tom & Del. We were Dining with an Imagineer! We had wanted to do this for a long time, so Scrappy & I were probably more excited then Tom & Dell. We were scheduled to have lunch at the Brown Derby with and Imagineer. We checked in and got some really nice name tags.

Our waiter then came to seat us. We were taken to the Bamboo Room which is mainly for private parties where we were introduced to our Imagineer David Hardiman. David was really a pretty down to earth guy and very friendly. He had major involvement with the Star Tours redo. Scrappy burst his bubble when she said she didn't even like that ride! rolling I thought I was going to wet myself because the look on his face was shear shock! eek But he was very good about it and took no offense. He said he understood everyone has thier own likes and dislikes, even him.

This was interesting, but I don't think it is something we would do again. David said he could only talk about things that he was directly involved in, mainly becuase they are so "job specific", and he would not know about anything else. Also you don't know who you may get for an Imagineer, they do not tell you ahead of time.

MrHub's picture

Buy the time we got done with lunch, finished up with David and dessert, it was after 2pm. We had done ToT before lunch.
Oh here is Tom's first ride on ToT also:

MrHub's picture

Well we dicided to head back to the Poly for some down time and then go over to DTD for some shopping and would see about grabbing something later from Earl Of Sandwich if any us ever got hungry again!

Scrappy was just a little bit excited to go shopping!

Stopping in the Christmas Shop is a must.

The woman that was working on the personalized ornaments stopped Tom & Del and told them that they had to give her there "Anniversary " pins becuase she had to fix them up right! She told them to pick them up after they were done shopping and then shooed them off. We looked around for quite some time, and when we were ready to leave they went back to the woman and she had painted thier pins all up for thier anniversary and said "thats what an anniversary pin should look like".

Thats the kind of little extras Disney does!