January 2012 trip filled with surprises!

Login to post comments
129 posts / 0 new

Okay, I have to defend myself here a bit. I wouldn't want you all to think I was being rude to David the Imagineer. He was talking about how much they spent to redo the ride and how long it took them. I simply asked him what it was they did. He then wanted to know if I had been on the ride before and after. I told him I had. He was then shocked that I could not see any difference in it. He then told me it was now in 3D and had not been before. I honestly thought it had been. He also told me that it was now taken from the movies which it had not been before. I then told him that the reason I did not realize that was because I have never seen any of the movies. Honestly I do not hate the ride at all. It is one I can take or leave.

Scrappy you are not alone I have never seen any of the movies either. I feel much the same about that ride but my son loves it so we ride it a few times each trip.

Jessi5989's picture

I'm with you, Scrappy...never seen any of the movies, so I don't really get the ride. In 2009, while working at Disney, I had to take my boyfriend at the time to Star Wars Weekends. biggest waste of my time ever. It was hot, crowded, we couldn't ride ANYTHING because of the lines, and I had no idea who those people were!

Thank you so much for all the pictures and decriptions. You guys are both cute couples and it looks like you had the time of your lives. My husband and I recently celebrated our anniversary (our 3rd) there last week and we also had cast members make our stay unforgettable! I must say I love love love the pictures of food! I always wonder what certain dishes look like and your pictures answers that. BTW cupcakes are my weakness especially the caramel filled ones mmmmmmmmm.

Lizzy_B's picture

JeffC wrote:
What in the world are those contraptions the street performers have?!?!

Oh, and CUPCAKES!!!!!

**drool slobber drool drool drool**

The Dapper Dans are holding a kind of hand bell contraption. I'm sure they have a real name, but I don't know it. They shake them, and they're like an instrument to accompanying their singing. But I agree, without knowing that, they do look kinda funny Smile

Mr Hub, what did your friends think of all the picture snapping of their food? Did you tell them you had adoring fans here who were living vicariously thru all of you? Smile

MrHub's picture

Oh Lizzy, they know all about our friends here on the forum and they totally understand now when I stick a camera infront of there face and take a picture of something. eek

MrHub's picture

Well we did end up grabbing something to eat at Earl of Sandwich. We hung out till around 8:30 and everyone was pretty beat, so we headed back to the Poly, but at a very slow pace. Another surprise would be waiting for our friends when we got back to our rooms, but I had to make sure we did not get back before 9pm. So once back at the Poly , I decided I needed a Dole Whip, ( when don't you need one), so we stopped at Captain Cooks so I could grap one. Back at our longhouse we got out of the elevator and said our good night, and I fumbled for our key getting into our room, so Tom & Del got in thiers first. Well low and behold, somebody had stopped by while we were out:

And Tink too!

That Celebrate package is Awesome! I may have to borrow that idea!

If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
J. R. R. Tolkien

Kris1971's picture

Very cool! Can't wait to hear more!!!!

MrHub's picture

Now are rooms are connected, and scrappy went back into our room for her camera, totally without noticing that someone had stopped by our room too!

So it was a happy & fun filled finish to another day!

Brad's picture

Did the ToT Cam catch you with your video recorder? Funny video!

MrHub's picture

Tuesday started as another beautiful day

It is so relaxing here!

Tom thinking, "I think we go that way!"

Well we started out with breakfast at Ohana's character breakfast. This is just good food & fun!

This is Del after realizing it was not Goofy next to her after telling her multiple times it was Pluto, not Goofy and she insisted it was Goofy.

And then we had a visit from Stitch!

Stitch really like Scrappy!

He really really liked Scrappy!

He liked her so much, he wanted to give her the stitch hairdoo!

But then he wanted paid for it. That wasn't happening.

Bella's picture

mrhub wrote:
Brad wrote:
Is that the adult grilled cheese? If so, what's your opinion on it?

Yes Brad that was and it was awesome! Going to try to duplicate it at home.

Yum! Let me know if you succeed!

mickey Bella

Bella's picture

mrhub wrote:
Buy the time we got done with lunch, finished up with David and dessert, it was after 2pm. We had done ToT before lunch.
Oh here is Tom's first ride on ToT also:

I just watched this..how fun!!

I don't think I ever realized this riding the ride..but watching your video made me wonder..are some of the screams pipped in? It looked/sounded like there was a scream or two before everyone else was screaming?

mickey Bella

Bella's picture

Okay, so this is my 3rd post in a row..I comment as I go! I love this TR! It looks like you guys had great fun!

What did your friends think of the celebration package? Those Mickey Rice Krispy heads look delicious!!

mickey Bella

MrHub's picture

Brad wrote:
Did the ToT Cam catch you with your video recorder? Funny video!

Yes it did Brad. Caught me holding my cell phone up in front of my face. Thats why I like going on twice in a row, once to record, once not recording.

MrHub's picture

Bella wrote:
Okay, so this is my 3rd post in a row..I comment as I go! I love this TR! It looks like you guys had great fun!

What did your friends think of the celebration package? Those Mickey Rice Krispy heads look delicious!!

Bella they loved it! Yes it's overpriced , but it's a one time thing, and well worth the excitment & joy someone gets from it I think.

I LOVE THIS TRIP REPORT! Such great pics and looks like a LOAD of fun! That celebration package is AWESOME!

Thanks for sharing so much of it with us! muchlove muchlove muchlove

Awesome trip report. We are going to Ohana for breakfast in May and are so excited. We love Stitch!

Bella's picture

mrhub wrote:
Bella wrote:

Bella they loved it! Yes it's overpriced , but it's a one time thing, and well worth the excitment & joy someone gets from it I think.

I think Disney is worth the extra money! It's the only place in the world where my mind can rationalize "$35.00 for a bar of soap with Mickey on it? Of course I need that!"

mickey Bella

Mase's picture

mrhub wrote:
Tuesday started as another beautiful day

It is so relaxing here!

Tom thinking, "I think we go that way!"

Well we started out with breakfast at Ohana's character breakfast. This is just good food & fun!

This is Del after realizing it was not Goofy next to her after telling her multiple times it was Pluto, not Goofy and she insisted it was Goofy.

And then we had a visit from Stitch!

Stitch really like Scrappy!

He really really liked Scrappy!

He liked her so much, he wanted to give her the stitch hairdoo!

But then he wanted paid for it. That wasn't happening.

STIIIIIIIIIIIITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

Mase's picture

mrhub wrote:
Buy the time we got done with lunch, finished up with David and dessert, it was after 2pm. We had done ToT before lunch.
Oh here is Tom's first ride on ToT also:

YES! I think these type of videos need to be posted more often! Hub... you have me hooked on these now! lol

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

MrHub's picture

Glad you like! biggrin

MrHub's picture

Our waitress Carolyn said she didn't like Stitch because she didn't trust him, thought he might try and pick her nose or something!

MrHub's picture

After breakfast, we headed over to the Magic Kingdom. Now I know alot of people try to get there for rope drop, but have you ever been there and gotten on the Double Decker Bus? If you haven't , I highly recommend you do. It's a great short ride and they take you from the train station to the Castle, and our bus driver was a trip! rolling

This is Barbara, she was our driver of the Double Decker Bus. She is a riot!

Now the whole time people are getting on the bus, she is yelling for someone to get in the front seat with her, that the front seat is open. Well no one was getting up there so I did.

MrHub's picture

If you didn't noticed, Barbara told Tom & Del to stand next to her until everyone got off the bus. Well she wanted us to get pictures of them on the steps of the bus by themselves.

Well Barbara told Tom "How about a kiss!" so Tom bent over to give Barbara a kiss and she said "not me, your wife!" Well I thought she was going to wet herself she was throwing such a fit.

But we did end up getting that kiss photo!

Kris1971's picture

That is so awesome! I would have thought the same thing Tom did if she had said that to me.

rolling rolling rolling

OMG that is sooo funny.

Barbara is a famous CM. She appears in a couple of Youtube videos.

MrHub's picture

Thanks for the info BuffaloBill.

Well after saying goodbye to Barbara, we headed into Adventure Land!

And of course I had to stop here and get my favorite snack, how often do you see the line that short!

Well we did some tree climbing!

Then we hopped on the Jungle Cruise for a 2 week long trip 15 minute trip!