Kristen's October 2012 F&W Trip ** **

Login to post comments
129 posts / 0 new
finngirl's picture

I wouldn't stress about the weather if you are a week out. Just days before we left last week, it was saying all day rains, 60% chance of thunderstorms, etc. We didn't have ONE drop of rain the entire week, and the temperature was perfect! Sending stars that your weather will be the same.

Diana

Time marches on. Eventually you realize it's doing it across your face.

DisneyDee27's picture

Don't worry about the weather. It always shows some sort of rain however only once have I seen it downpour. There are always quick showers at WDW mostly over night.
No worries just think your guy is having all the issues now so that when you join him everything will be perfect
#magicrestored stars

Member of the 6 castle club and working to pay for my next Disney vacations: 1/5-10/18, September 2018 for my 50th and 2018 the year of Disney cruising.

Magic Mirror's picture

Somehow it always gets better when you step on Disney soil! Sending you positive energy and pixie dust by the gallons mickey

nikkirugby13's picture

3 days to go Kristin!! THREE DAYS!! WooHoooooo!!! yay yay yay

TampaEars's picture

Looks like you should have excellent weather for your visit. The humidity is very low right now and it looks like that trend will continue through your travel dates. When I got in the car to leave for work this morning it was a chilly 64 degrees (don't laugh...that is cold for us down here!) and the highs are in the mid to low 80s. Should be about perfect for you.

Kristen K.'s picture

Whoo hooo!! Thanks for the local weather update! I just tossed a sweater in my bag, I always get chilly in Epcot at night with the breeze coming off of the lagoon.

Kristen K.'s picture

mickey I've got 3 sleeps left to go but really only 2 days!!! Freaking. Out. mickey

I think that most everything for the trip is done. I bought my bus ticket and then checked my flight. United moved my departure time up by 2.5 Hours! And no one had contacted me. The earliest bus I can get on is at 3:30 in the morning, it gets to the airport at 5:00am, my flight now leaves at 6:30 am. gaah Do you guys think I have enough time? I'm usually at the airport 2 hours before you flight, but there's just not an earlier bus.

On the plus side, I just gained a few extra hours on my own in Disney! mickey

Vettelover's picture

At that ungodly time of the morning, you should be OK, I can not envision too many people at the airport at that time of the AM. The key word in that sentence being SHOULD.

Kristen K.'s picture

Becks534 talked to her fiancee (who travels almost weekly out of that airport) and both of them think I'll be fine. Thursday, stupid early, and I don't have to check any bags. Should be quiet at the airport still. crossfingers

Now... which park should I spend my extra time at? DHS seems closest.

Allie's picture

My vote would go to Magic Kingdom but I just love wandering around that park! Have a great trip, Kristen!

nikkirugby13's picture

Kristen K. wrote:
Becks534 talked to her fiancee (who travels almost weekly out of that airport) and both of them think I'll be fine. Thursday, stupid early, and I don't have to check any bags. Should be quiet at the airport still. crossfingers

SO glad to hear the airport should go smoothly for you! awesome

Kristen K. wrote:
Now... which park should I spend my extra time at? DHS seems closest

My vote goes to Epcot as it's Food & Wine and I know I want to spend every possible second there!!! clapping

Magic Mirror's picture

Something about the Magic Kingdom just says "welcome home Kristen"...
and it's breathtaking with it's fall finery up...
I vote MK
mickey

Kristen K.'s picture

Dear Tropical Storm Sandy... STAY AWAY from Central Florida. Far, far away.

Weather looks good right now with only a 30% chance of rain on Friday with 22mph winds from Sandy. I'm okay with wind and a 30% chance. It can stay just like that.

I've got less than 24 hours!! I leave for the airport tomorrow morning at 3am. I can't wait!!
yeah yeah yeah

The Cookie Crumbler's picture

Kristen K. wrote:
I've got less than 24 hours!! I leave for the airport tomorrow morning at 3am. I can't wait!!
yeah yeah yeah

AHHH!!! How are you going to sleep tonight??

Fellow Americans, I hear your tambourines inside my head and that's no lie!

nikkirugby13's picture

The Cookie Crumbler wrote:
Kristen K. wrote:
yeah yeah yeah

AHHH!!! How are you going to sleep tonight??

laugh laugh I was thinking the same thing!! laugh

Kristen K.'s picture

Sleep? LOL... what's that?

Okay I just made some last minute changes. I canceled my Kouzinna reservation in favor of Whispering Canyon Cafe. I thought we would be at Epcot in the morning, but now it's looking like we're going to be at Magic Kingdom so I opted for something a little closer.

So much to do, so little time! I need to squeeze in a hair cut and the grocery store.

Allie's picture

Aw man, I was looking forward to your Kouzinna review since I haven't heard much about that one yet! Whispering Canyon sounds delicious though, too! Have a great trip and safe travels!

DisneyDee27's picture

Kristen K. wrote:
Dear Tropical Storm Sandy... STAY AWAY from Central Florida. Far, far away.

Weather looks good right now with only a 30% chance of rain on Friday with 22mph winds from Sandy. I'm okay with wind and a 30% chance. It can stay just like that.

yeah yeah yeah

Hooray! yay clapping awesome

Member of the 6 castle club and working to pay for my next Disney vacations: 1/5-10/18, September 2018 for my 50th and 2018 the year of Disney cruising.

yay clapping yay
You are that glorious ONE day mark!!!! Hope you have the most "magical" time ever.

Miss Mikki's picture

Kristen, have a magical trip. Thank you for making me feel so welcome on this site. Are you planning on doing a trip report? I would really look forward to reading it. clapping

no ticker Sad

Lizzy_B's picture

Have a GREAT time!

MrHub's picture

Have a great time Kristen and don't stress!

finngirl's picture

Have a wonderful trip Kristen. After all the ups and downs the last few months, I hope it is full of pixie dust. I can't wait to hear about the Little Mermaid rooms.

Diana

Time marches on. Eventually you realize it's doing it across your face.

Kristen K.'s picture

Thanks everyone! I think I'm just about ready to go! Got my hair cut, finished packing my bags, picked up some last minute toiletries. I'm all set except for packing my computer up!

I checked in early for my flight and I'm boarding group 5 on the plane so. Yuck. I'm worried that I'm going to have to check my bag at the gate. I went to look for my Magical Express luggage tags and I think I threw them away! gaah Oh well, there are worse things than having to make a stop at baggage claim, no big deal.

Miss Mikki - I will absolutely do a trip report once I get home, and a little bit of live posting from WDW too!

Allie - I was really looking forward to Kouzzina too. I've just got such a limited time this trip I really need to make the most of it.

Vettelover's picture

Have a great time Kristen. awesome

disneydoc's picture

Have a great time Kristen. We are all vicariously in your suitcase. mickey

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker DIStickers.com Ticker

JoAnn C's picture

clapping yay mickey yay clapping

Magic Mirror's picture

beach

Hopefully you are settled in Disney and starting to relax and enjoy your vacation!!

Hope it's off to a great start !

Kristen K.'s picture

1:45am and I haven't really been able to sleep. Time to wake up in a few minutes.
I hope I can get a nap on the plane, or there's no way I'm going to be able to stay up for fireworks tonight. waiting

First world problems....

Becks534's picture

Good morning! I can reliably report that our dear Kristen arrived at O'Hare in good time this morning and is currently waiting for her flight to board. yay I'm sure she'll be checking in as soon as she can.