Let's see those Christmas Trees - 2014

Login to post comments
85 posts / 0 new
Magic Days's picture

We are just getting things going. Our living room tree is 10' which makes getting the top ribbons straight a challenge.

JMed's picture

eeeeeekkkk!!!! love the purple ribbons!!! Oh and the tree Smile

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

OK, so we have 3 trees - 2 large ones, and one small.

The one we have in the living room is mainly gold, white, silver, crystal, and dotted with antique white porcelain ornaments. This is what it looks like in bright daylight. It stands right next to our Fab 5 painting that I had mentioned elsewhere.

This is what the tree looks like when it is darker and you can see a bit more of the lights.

And a bit more of a closeup look at what's on the tree.

The tree in the family room is all Disney. It is filled to the brim with Disney ornaments.

As you can tell, it has lights that change color from all clear to multicolored.

Here's another look at it.

The other tree, a smaller one, sits behind the couch on top of a console cabinet. It is filled with Disney globes. I don't have a picture of it.

Zz.

No longer an active member.

JMed's picture

Great trees and AMAZING pin collection!!!! WOW!!!!! awesome

Mandy's picture

Here is my tree.

FB_IMG_1417401086814

The Colonel's picture

This little guy is on my fireplace

See my Disney Photography at...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

DVC owner since 2002 BCV/BWV/BLT/VGC

The Colonel's picture

My daughter got married in June. This is her first tree with my new SIL. They got them big bulbs goin on.

Vettelover's picture

The Colonel wrote:

Tell me Colonel do you collect snowmen, I muchlove them under the mantle tree.

The Colonel's picture

Vettelover wrote:
The Colonel wrote:

Tell me Colonel do you collect snowmen, I muchlove them under the mantle tree.

All this stuff is really my wife's work. She doesn't really collect snowmen. She has various collections (snow babies, Rockwell, Hummel, Swarovski, etc.) Her latest is the Annalee figures.

Kristen K.'s picture

So many great trees!

Mine has been up since a couple of days before Thanksgiving, I've just been too busy to take any pictures. We went very simple this year, and I don't think I have any Disney ornaments up on it. I did get crafty one night and take a couple of dozen wine corks and some beads to make new ornaments for the tree. I also plan on making cinnamon ornaments, but I just haven't had the time.

PreviewAttachmentSize
christmas_tree.png
christmas_tree.png1.44 MB
The Colonel's picture

Kristen K. wrote:
So many great trees!

Mine has been up since a couple of days before Thanksgiving, I've just been too busy to take any pictures. We went very simple this year, and I don't think I have any Disney ornaments up on it. I did get crafty one night and take a couple of dozen wine corks and some beads to make new ornaments for the tree. I also plan on making cinnamon ornaments, but I just haven't had the time.

Somebody got a new camera. Very nice!

JMed's picture

this Santa mad me smile when I scrolled to him! So cute! Love all the trees that have been added! They are all making me want to add more.

Magic Mirror's picture

"and I don't think I have any Disney ornaments up on it"

eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek

Kristen K.'s picture

Magic Mirror wrote:
"and I don't think I have any Disney ornaments up on it"
eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek

I know, I know. At first I had this crazy idea that I would only use homemade ornaments, which didn't quite work. However now I just don't feel like dragging the boxes back out and finding the Disney stuff.

Kristen K.'s picture

The Colonel wrote:
Kristen K. wrote:
So many great trees!

Yep Smile It's not quite as point and shoot as I wanted it to be. I need to take my time and read the book to figure out how to increase my skill. I just have to find that time.

Mrferret's picture

Kristen K. wrote:
The Colonel wrote:
Kristen K. wrote:
So many great trees!

Yep Smile It's not quite as point and shoot as I wanted it to be. I need to take my time and read the book to figure out how to increase my skill. I just have to find that time.

OOO What did you get ?

Howdy Y'all
https://www.facebook.com/matthew.tucker1
Caution Content May be inappropriate

May/June 2016 Magic cruise to Norway
2017 Prtugal wedding adventures
2018 Alskan disney cruise ??
2019 Florida

Kristen K.'s picture

Mrferret wrote:
OOO What did you get ?

Nikon D5200. I'm loving the pictures I take with the extra telephoto I bought. I think I may just not like the 18-50mm kit lens that it came with. The pictures just aren't as sharp as I want. I'm thinking that I want to buy a prime and work with that for a while.

EmFord's picture

Ahhh I love all your trees!! I need to get down to business and take some pictures of my decorations..

RobynPrincess's picture

Kristen K. wrote:
So many great trees!

Love your tree Kristen, the corks are such a neat idea!

Our Very Merry 24 nighter Nov/Dec 15
Watson's go West May 15
The one with all the birthdays Oct 14 4 Big Birthdays and a Vow Renewal thrown in
The OMG trip June 14 30th Birthday present from the hubs
Girly trip March 14 A last min cheapy week
September 13 our first all DVC stay
TR May 2013 the last min bargain trip offsite
Oct 2012 TR with a cruise!big family trip featuring the beach club, AKL, the dream and a villa offsite
TR on a budget May - June 2011offsite condo
TR Sept - Oct 2010 big family trip in an offsite villa

RobynPrincess's picture

I've finally got both trees up now, one tree I made 90% of the decorations myself, I call it my crackerbarrel tree as lots of the decs were styled on things I'd seen in the shop plus a few things I bought when I was in the USA.

The other tree is my skinny silver tree which has all of my disney decs on it Laughing out loud

PreviewAttachmentSize
image.jpg
image.jpg966.2 KB
image.jpg
image.jpg750.62 KB

Watson's go West May 15
The one with all the birthdays Oct 14 4 Big Birthdays and a Vow Renewal thrown in
Oct 2012 TR with a cruise!big family trip featuring the beach club, AKL, the dream and a villa offsite

EmFord's picture

Here's some of my decorations. Not a lot of Disney on the big tree. But I'm representing in other places mickey

PreviewAttachmentSize
image.jpg
image.jpg1.22 MB
image.jpg
image.jpg1.09 MB
image.jpg
image.jpg1.28 MB
image.jpg
image.jpg1.17 MB

RobynPrincess's picture

EmFord I love the picture on your wall! Is that crayons?

Watson's go West May 15

MrHub's picture

I want to know how EmFord gets that tree to hang like that!!!!!! mine always falls when I try to do it that way! laugh Merry Christmas!!!!!

Mrferret's picture

MrHub wrote:
I want to know how EmFord gets that tree to hang like that!!!!!! mine always falls when I try to do it that way! laugh Merry Christmas!!!!!

If Emford won't say just ask Watchmaker laugh

Howdy Y'all
https://www.facebook.com/matthew.tucker1
Caution Content May be inappropriate

May/June 2016 Magic cruise to Norway
2017 Prtugal wedding adventures
2018 Alskan disney cruise ??
2019 Florida

Vettelover's picture

rolling rolling rolling rolling rolling

JoAnn C's picture

Mrferret wrote:
MrHub wrote:

You guys crack me up.

EmFord's picture

Mrferret wrote:
MrHub wrote:

hahaha my first sideways post! Maybe because I uploaded from that blasted iPhone..

But the real answer is pixie dust.. lots and lots of pixie dust! stars

EmFord's picture

RobynPrincess wrote:

Thanks! It is crayons. I superglued them to a canvas then went to town with a hair dryer. So easy and it looks super impressive. Everyone who comes over always has something to say about it.

alicemouse's picture

EmFord wrote:
RobynPrincess wrote:

Thanks! It is crayons. I superglued them to a canvas then went to town with a hair dryer. So easy and it looks super impressive. Everyone who comes over always has something to say about it.

Super cool! And is that a Pascal candle?!

Here's our tree. I bought a set of ear hat ornaments last year and this year I added the shoes and sketchbook ornaments. We've added our Disney treasures to our lineup of Star Wars, My Little Pony (classic 1980's, not those weird looking ponies they sell now), Nutcracker Ballet, Superheroes, leftover wedding favors (we got married two days after Christmas). and various handmade childhood ornaments. My parents used to help me make an ornament to give to our family every year. My mom kept one of each in a box and when I got married, she gave me the box.

PreviewAttachmentSize
screen_shot_2014-12-15_at_4.26.45_pm.png
screen_shot_2014-12-15_at_4.26.45_pm.png551.14 KB

Be good at something. It makes you valuable. Have something to bring to the table because that will make you more welcome. --Randy Pausch

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:
December 2013: 10th Anniversary, 1st DVC Stay | April 2014: Birthday on the Boardwalk | May 2014: Star Wars Weekend, Navigating WDW with a wheelchair | August 2014: Villains Unleashed | September/October 2014: MNSSHP, F&W, Tower of Terror 10-miler | March/April 2015: Disneyland and California Coastal Cruise | November 2015: Wine & Dine Half, Food & Wine, 1st Disney Cruise | February 2016: Presidential Classic Gymnastics Meet | March 2016: "Work" Trip, Tours, F&G Festival | April 2016: Conference at Disneyland | Fall 2016: Festive Fall Fun | January 2017: Festival of the Arts | May 2017: AbD Backstage Magic | July 2017: AbD San Francisco | Sorry I had to give up doing trip reports. Too many time commitments right now.

EmFord's picture

alicemouse wrote:

Super cool! And is that a Pascal candle?!

It's just a stuffed Pascal that I draped battery operated lights over him and Mickey. Looking back at the picture I can see how it would look like a candle though laugh

I love all the Disney ornaments on your tree! I need to get to building my collection.