March Madness 2014 Trip to WDW

Login to post comments
49 posts / 0 new
93boomer's picture

Sally-Ann wrote:
Love love love the bread service, ate at both there and Jiko and I think Sanaa is by far better. Neither of us liked Jiko. Your trip report is great, really enjoying reading it and I agree about AK it has a sense of peace about it that I like as I get older. I am just worried that may go with the building of the blue land!

I kinda worry about that too, Sally-Ann!

93boomer's picture

The day is Thursday and we are up and off to Epcot to use fpass+. We have Soarin (yes!), Nemo, and Mission:Space.

After doing our fpass+ it was time for a mid-morning snack. We walked over to WS since it was open now. We stopped by the Smokehouse--didn't want bbq but wait they did have those piggylicious maple bacon cupcakes I had read about. My DH reluctantly agreed to share one. I forgot to take a picture. It was actually good. I loved the maple frosting on top. The cupcake wasn't sweet like a normal cupcake, just a touch sweet. I didn't really like the big pieces of bacon. They seemed to overtake the cupcake. I would have liked really small bits of bacon.

DH wanted to run over and check out to see if he could get on RnRC since the crowds were getting really heavy over at Epcot. So off we go! I don't ride RnRC so I usually get a snack or coffee and wait on him. So, he looked at the single rider line and took off. It was getting up in the 80s, and I wanted ice cream. I never have tried that ice cream shop on the corner across from TofT so I got in line. There were about 10 people in front of me. Boy, that line took forever and we were standing out in the sun. I was about to pass out if I didn't get in the shade quick. Finally, my turn to order. I got a cup of mint choc chip. That is my standard at WDW. I found a shady spot near our pre-arranged meeting spot and ate my ice cream. It was yummy! DH was gone around 40 mts. Whew!! We walked around a bit more and decided to head back for a break at the resort.

After an hour's relaxing break, we headed back to Epcot. We wanted to be over there for dinner. Really wanted Mexican food! Ok, now the crowds had exploded. Twice as much as when we left this morning!! Oh my! Stopped by the kiosk for a lemon scone and iced tea. DH picked up a F&G pin-he gets dated ones to remember the trip. I found a Mickey garden stake for my garden. The only thing with using your fpass+ up is that you have to stand in lines the rest of your day and usually can't get into anything. The line for Maelstrom was awful, so we didn't get on it the entire trip. We headed over to the Mexican boat ride. It took about 5 mts. to get on. I like this ride because it lets you sit down for a bit. Ok now over to the counter service Mexican restaurant. I got chicken tacos, my DH got nachos, coke zero, and I got my lime margarita on the rocks. We found a table and sat down to eat. This was very yummy!!

PreviewAttachmentSize
dsc04423.jpg
dsc04423.jpg2.58 MB
dsc04451.jpg
dsc04451.jpg2.14 MB
dsc04456.jpg
dsc04456.jpg2.58 MB
dsc04458.jpg
dsc04458.jpg2.85 MB
93boomer's picture

Our last day was Friday and parkhopping was the plan! We ran out of yogurt and granola so headed to the food court at PORS to pick up food. We both got love the food court here. They always have lots of different things to choose. We both got the oatmeal with brown sugar. We decided to start our day at AK. Some trips we only go there once, but lately we have been spending more time over there. It was a glorious day! We walked around and just enjoyed looking at the monkeys. There was a baby monkey!! It was so cute! It hung around the Mom monkey's neck. We walked down the little trail that heads back towards the bottom of the tree. There are lots of birds back there. Now, it is lunchtime. If we are over at AK, we always pick up honey chicken and rice to share at the Yak & Yeti counter. There is too much for just one of us to eat!

PreviewAttachmentSize
dsc04461.jpg
dsc04461.jpg2.16 MB
dsc04464.jpg
dsc04464.jpg2.22 MB
dsc04487.jpg
dsc04487.jpg1.75 MB
93boomer's picture

DH wanted to end our last day by spending the remainder over at MK. This is not our usual plan. Usually we begin with Epcot and end with Epcot. This trip has been all about spontaneity! And we are having fun doing it!!
We head over to Fantasyland. We stood in line, but it was moving, to go on the LM ride. I like this ride. I have read that a lot of people think it is too short. But, I like to look at all the details along the way. Headed over to the Big Top to see if we could get on Dumbo one more time. Yay, short line!! I tried videotaping it while we were in the air. It was kind of interesting watching that later!! Need an afternoon snack!! Picked up caramel popcorn to take back home and a huge peanut butter choc chip cookie. Yum-o!
Headed over to see how long the Buzz line was, and it was tolerable. So, we finally got on. I was determined to do better since that last fiasco with the car not turning to the right!! Not a good start for me!! I was having some trouble aiming today. DH was racking the points up!! Whoa!! It hit 999,999!!!!! He has never done that!!! I joked that he had no goal to aim for from now on!!! laugh I only got 92,900.
And of course, Splash Mtn. was up and running this evening! It was down all the rest of our trip. No, we didn't go. I didn't want to stay wet the rest of the evening.

PreviewAttachmentSize
dsc04495.jpg
dsc04495.jpg1.8 MB
dsc04501.jpg
dsc04501.jpg2.07 MB
dsc04520.jpg
dsc04520.jpg2 MB
93boomer's picture

We had dinner at Columbia Harbour House. It was pretty empty. We like their grilled salmon with couscous and broccoli! Forgot to take picture again!

We ended our last evening by watching the parade and the fireworks!! It had been a good day!!

Saturday was the day to leave the world behind!! I am always so sad on this day!! We got up and showered and packed. Then, headed over to the food court. I wanted Mickey waffle with strawberries for my last meal!

PreviewAttachmentSize
dsc04545.jpg
dsc04545.jpg1.85 MB
93boomer's picture

The weather is so gorgeous and warm today!! And we are leaving!! sad
I took lots of resort pictures while walking back from breakfast. Enjoy!!

PreviewAttachmentSize
dsc04536.jpg
dsc04536.jpg1.96 MB
dsc04541.jpg
dsc04541.jpg2.06 MB
dsc04548.jpg
dsc04548.jpg2.02 MB
dsc04544.jpg
dsc04544.jpg1.92 MB
93boomer's picture

Thanks for sharing our trip!! Hope I didn't talk too much laugh
Now, someone take me back down soon, and I will be very happy!! awesome

Allie's picture

Loved living vicariously through your TR! It makes September seem too far away for our next trip down, though!

Mrferret's picture

What did you think of PORS ?

Howdy Y'all
https://www.facebook.com/matthew.tucker1
Caution Content May be inappropriate

May/June 2016 Magic cruise to Norway
2017 Prtugal wedding adventures
2018 Alskan disney cruise ??
2019 Florida

Great trip report sounds like you had a super time.

Spook's picture

Loved reading your report! Thanks for sharing mickey

Mousedreaming's picture

Loved your report! It was fun to see what was happening before we started. We stayed at POR, and our first park day was the Saturday you left. So, if I get around to it, that will be where mine starts.

*Proud Disney Nut*

amy1989's picture

Fab trip report loved reading it!!! POR is our resort aswell was nice to see all of the pictures!!!

93boomer's picture

Mrferret wrote:
What did you think of PORS ?

We love PORS and FQ!! Both are our fav resorts! The grounds are just beautiful. The rooms are nice and clean. It is a very relaxing resort. The food court is the best one around.

93boomer's picture

PirateGirl wrote:
Great trip report sounds like you had a super time.

We did! Thanks for reading!

93boomer's picture

Spook wrote:
Loved reading your report! Thanks for sharing mickey

Thank you! Thanks for reading!

93boomer's picture

Mousedreaming wrote:
Loved your report! It was fun to see what was happening before we started. We stayed at POR, and our first park day was the Saturday you left. So, if I get around to it, that will be where mine starts.

Thanks Mousedreaming! Can't wait to read yours!!Smile

93boomer's picture

amy1989 wrote:
Fab trip report loved reading it!!! POR is our resort aswell was nice to see all of the pictures!!!

Thanks Amy!! Glad you enjoyed it!!