Mnsshp 2014

Login to post comments
19 posts / 0 new
designedbydisney's picture
Mnsshp 2014

Attention foolish mortals.....

Halloween is fast approaching us all, in 4 days I will be making FP plus selections for my upcoming trip. Halloween parties are starting in a matter of weeks. I have seen news for disneyland and disney cruise but nothing for the festivities at disney world other then the villains taking over the hoe down. Will jack and Sally be back? Who is leading the parade? What's new? What special merch and food will be on offer. Our trip is really only to so to mnsshp something that I haven't do in 20 years of visiting wdw. I want things to get excited about

amy1989's picture

Philhowelldesign wrote:
Attention foolish mortals.....

Halloween is fast approaching us all, in 4 days I will be making FP plus selections for my upcoming trip. Halloween parties are starting in a matter of weeks. I have seen news for disneyland and disney cruise but nothing for the festivities at disney world other then the villains taking over the hoe down. Will jack and Sally be back? Who is leading the parade? What's new? What special merch and food will be on offer. Our trip is really only to so to mnsshp something that I haven't do in 20 years of visiting wdw. I want things to get excited about

I feel your pain I'm waiting for this info too!!! I saw something on facebook by either doctor Disney or the main street mouse with some merchandise that was in the emporium but that's the only solid info I've seen - I also heard rumours that the Hercules characters may be coming to MNSSHP this year but nothing confirmed yet gaah if I see anything I'll let you know!

The Watchmaker's picture

Well we have our tickets for MNSSHP on Tuesday 21 st...Tickets arrived via special delivery in the UK..Never done this as this is our first time in October...I've read an article of what's going on,but I can't remember what site it was off..It gave you times and parades etc..Meet and greets..candy stores for your fill up bags..Of course the new HM shop will be open for all spooky merchandise ....

SpamGoddess's picture

My guess is Jack and Sally will be there again, Headless Horseman will still be there to lead the parade.

But I'm really curious about all this information too. My party is in 32 days! eek

alicemouse's picture

speaking of the headless horseman, does anyone have info on where he rides? I thought I saw somewhere previously that he departs from the Fort Wilderness/Wilderness Lodge area. Is there somewhere we can go to see park of that ride? We'll be staying at Wilderness during one of the parties and DH loves the headless horseman.

Be good at something. It makes you valuable. Have something to bring to the table because that will make you more welcome. --Randy Pausch

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:
December 2013: 10th Anniversary, 1st DVC Stay | April 2014: Birthday on the Boardwalk | May 2014: Star Wars Weekend, Navigating WDW with a wheelchair | August 2014: Villains Unleashed | September/October 2014: MNSSHP, F&W, Tower of Terror 10-miler | March/April 2015: Disneyland and California Coastal Cruise | November 2015: Wine & Dine Half, Food & Wine, 1st Disney Cruise | February 2016: Presidential Classic Gymnastics Meet | March 2016: "Work" Trip, Tours, F&G Festival | April 2016: Conference at Disneyland | Fall 2016: Festive Fall Fun | January 2017: Festival of the Arts | May 2017: AbD Backstage Magic | July 2017: AbD San Francisco | Sorry I had to give up doing trip reports. Too many time commitments right now.

MrHub's picture

As far as I know he only rides in the MK from Frontier Land to MK entrance at the beginning of the Boo To You parade.

Vettelover's picture

Mrhub is correct. After the parade he is transported back to his residence at the barns in in Ft. Wilderness but it is not something the public can witness.

alicemouse's picture

Thanks, guys. We'll just have to enjoy seeing him at the party then.

Be good at something. It makes you valuable. Have something to bring to the table because that will make you more welcome. --Randy Pausch

Find me on Facebook

Trip Reports:
December 2013: 10th Anniversary, 1st DVC Stay | April 2014: Birthday on the Boardwalk | May 2014: Star Wars Weekend, Navigating WDW with a wheelchair | August 2014: Villains Unleashed | September/October 2014: MNSSHP, F&W, Tower of Terror 10-miler | March/April 2015: Disneyland and California Coastal Cruise | November 2015: Wine & Dine Half, Food & Wine, 1st Disney Cruise | February 2016: Presidential Classic Gymnastics Meet | March 2016: "Work" Trip, Tours, F&G Festival | April 2016: Conference at Disneyland | Fall 2016: Festive Fall Fun | January 2017: Festival of the Arts | May 2017: AbD Backstage Magic | July 2017: AbD San Francisco | Sorry I had to give up doing trip reports. Too many time commitments right now.

Kristen K.'s picture

I haven't seen a lot of "new" information for the party this year, but the following is from the Press Release

Disney villains take center stage in 2014 with "Villains Mix & Mingle " Live on Stage" castle show; and Club Villain, an all-new nightly character dance party experience takes over the Diamond Horseshoe Saloon in Frontierland. Mischievous villains will be available for guests to meet all night long in locations throughout the park

Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween party features Disney characters donning their favorite Halloween costumes, while partygoers navigate treat trails and candy galore throughout the Magic Kingdom themed out for happy haunts. Partygoers can show their Disney Side and dress up in favorite costumes and explore classic Magic Kingdom attractions as well as the new Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.

Eerie entertainment features the twice-nightly "Mickey's Boo-To-You Halloween Parade" led by the infamous Headless Horseman, at 8:15 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. and "HalloWishes," a green and orange fireworks spectacle complete with Disney villains, caps the evening festivities at 9:30 p.m.

AnnielovesDisney's picture

Disney just released new info on this year's MNSSHP. They are adding new Villain Meet and Greets, as well as a few other things.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/08/more-disney-villains-and-other-enhancements-coming-to-mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party-at-magic-kingdom-park/

designedbydisney's picture

I just saw, pretty excited now

SpamGoddess's picture

I'm pretty stoked about the Villains meet and greets, but has anyone read about the Villains Sinister Soiree? http://blog.touringplans.com/2014/08/25/new-villains-sinister-soiree-added-mickeys-scary-halloween-party/?utm_campaign=twitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter

It sounds fun, but not $99 on top of your $70 ticket fun. sarcastic

AnnielovesDisney's picture

SpamGoddess wrote:
I'm pretty stoked about the Villains meet and greets, but has anyone read about the Villains Sinister Soiree? http://blog.touringplans.com/2014/08/25/new-villains-sinister-soiree-added-mickeys-scary-halloween-party/?utm_campaign=twitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter

It sounds fun, but not $99 on top of your $70 ticket fun. sarcastic

I read about the Soiree earlier today. I love the Disney villains about as much as I love dessert, but $99/per person on top of the MNSSHP ticket price is way too much! Not only is it very expensive for one night, I wouldn't want to miss the Halloween party festivities to go to the Soiree. If they added this on non party nights I would consider it.

SpamGoddess's picture

Yeah, I just thought about that too. I haven't been to the party yet (my first one is on the 9th!), but from everything I've read, people already have a lot of trouble fitting everything into one party night. To take that much time out for a dessert party doesn't seem like an appealing option to me.

The Watchmaker's picture

Good Morning..Tuesday 25th..Just been reading people's views of this extra $99 party, and the majority are voting a big NO..I agree..Ok so you get priority viewing and a dessert party..But I want to see all the going ons and enjoy in the street party..I'll gladly spend our $297 on other stuff..

I love Disney but I think that almighty dollar is getting in the way, however I am sure that there will be boat loads of people forking over that kind of money. That definitely is NOT in my budget.

amy1989's picture

I'm catching up on all the news on MNSSHP as I've been away for the weekend and then had my birthday yesterday and a LOT has been released but all good!!! I met Lotso and Jafar last year but the Queen of Hearts is on my list this year!!! also fairytale hall I wanna go there too!!!

also does anybody think they will change the villains for the villains mix and mingle??? because a few of them have gone to other meet and greet locations too?

I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Allie's picture

Happy belated birthday, Amy!

amy1989's picture

Allie wrote:
Happy belated birthday, Amy!

thanks!