MrHub & Scrappy's Hot July 2013 Trip Report!

Login to post comments
275 posts / 0 new
JanJ's picture

Thanks for the pictures of the Yachtsman steakhouse - we've never been, but now have an ADR there for our September trip. The food looks great and can't wait to try it.

MrHub's picture

JanJ wrote:
Thanks for the pictures of the Yachtsman steakhouse - we've never been, but now have an ADR there for our September trip. The food looks great and can't wait to try it.

It was delicious Jan and I'm not the big fan of the Yachtsman, my wife is, back I can truly say it was a wonderful meal.

Kristen K.'s picture

Wheee! I'm so silly as I was watching the EE Video I caught myself "leaning" in the direction that the ride was turning.

MrHub's picture

Kali river was really rather disappointing because from what scrappy and I remember before there was a waterfall of some sort we thought that really got you wet. We barely even got wet on this and we were looking so forward to it. We get wetter on Splash Mt.

But anyway, we got done that and headed out, stopping to do a little shopping along the way and to suck up some AC. Yes it was hot. Very hot. But still not as hot as it was back home in PA, so we know we picked a good week to come down to WDW.

We headed back to the resort because Scrappy and I wanted to get in some pool time! Yes it was "POOL TIME" Doc!
We all got changed and headed down to the Clown Pool. Scrappy and I got down there first, scrappy stopped to have a smoke, I snagged a few open lounge chairs and off I went right for the water and the Clown Slide! Here's that video again.

Scrappy finally showed up and Tom & Del too, so I caught Scrappy and Del coming down the slide.

.be

PreviewAttachmentSize
july_7_2013_-_sun.jpg
july_7_2013_-_sun.jpg764.71 KB
disneydoc's picture

You are just a terrible tease Mr. Hub!!!!! Waiting, waiting.... waiting

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker DIStickers.com Ticker

MrHub's picture

Sorry, I'm fighting with my computer, it keeps locking up on me. Well I wont hold you in suspense any longer................................ now just to warn you I didn't have a Mai Tai, they wouldn't let me bring it in the pool!

So here I am!

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

Just me!

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

The 50 year old Man

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

SPEEDO WARNING! SPEEDO WARNING!

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

SPEEDO WARNING! SPEEDO WARNING!

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

DON'T DO IT!

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

V

Walking around in a Speedo! Ta Da!

PreviewAttachmentSize
dscn0277.jpg
dscn0277.jpg580.06 KB
speedo.jpg
speedo.jpg27.02 KB
Magic Mirror's picture

Oh you are hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT IS GREAT!
Tongue

Kris1971's picture

You are too much! Love it!

THANK YOU! rolling Even got a chuckle out of Mike aka Sparky!

Sorry we missed you, catch ya next time!

Julie

Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust

rolling rolling rolling rolling rolling rolling Thank you, thank you, thank you. I so needed to laugh and I laughed hard. laugh laugh laugh

disneydoc's picture

You are a mess Mr. Hub. My kinda guy. laugh

taratru's picture

I just came back from a 5-day camp and this was my first post to read.

That. Was. Awesome. rolling rolling rolling rolling rolling rolling

scorpio301's picture

So funny !! Loved all of your pictures and your report !! Thanks for sharing !! clapping

disneydoc's picture

But hold on....there has got to be more! Your trip did not end in the clown pool.....

And BTW, that suit looks very nice on you. Kudos for stringing us out for weeks in anticipation. awesome

MrHub's picture

Oh no, it's not over yet!

kywildcatchick's picture

laugh laugh laugh That was great!! Oh the anticipation! You are a character Mr. Hub awesome

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker Free Disney Tickers

MrHub's picture

That was only Sunday afternoon!. Well after swimming we were relaxed and refreshed. I do think that pool is second to the AKL pool. We went back to our rooms, got cleaned up and changed and headed off the out ADR at BOG.

We walked straight down Main Street and through the Castle to Fantasy Land. Checked right in to BOG and down the bridge to the front of the Castle to await our turn.

PreviewAttachmentSize
dscn0290.jpg
dscn0290.jpg556.7 KB
dscn0288.jpg
dscn0288.jpg516.27 KB
dscn0293.jpg
dscn0293.jpg641.87 KB
MrHub's picture

When it was out turn, we were seated almost in the middle of the main ballroom. The Ballroom was stunning like always and dinner was delicious. After dinner we skipped dessert but Tom & Del were giving some of the grey stuff as a treat. We then checked out the other rooms before retiring to the Masters Study and getting a personal visit with the "Beast" himself. He is such a gentleman.

We exited the Castle, after touching the Rose mosaic and headed towards the Wishes Dessert Party. By this point scrappy's foot had about had it and I was getting pretty worried this vacation might be a bust for her. She could barely walk and it took us a while to get to the Terrace.

Haha - pure evil! You know when you tell me don t do it I will do it! I say very fashion forward!

Now we're even more excited about BOG! Thanks for all those pics.

I love the BOG pics. Now I really can't wait for my ADR.

disneydoc's picture

Mr. Hub, I had that Chicken Provencal dish when I went the week before you! It was quite good. awesome

MrHub's picture

Doc, we have not had a bad thing there yet.

Scrappy had the Garden Salad - with Champagne Vinaigrette & Grilled Strip Steak - with garlic-herb butter and pommes frites

Del had Garden Salad - with Champagne Vinaigrette & Sauteed Shrimp and Scallops - with seasonal vegetables served in puff pastry with a creamy lobster sauce

I had the Mussels Provencal - with white wine, tomato, garlic, onion, basil and butter & Sauteed Shrimp and Scallops - with seasonal vegetables served in puff pastry with a creamy lobster sauce

Tom had the Seasonal Salad Trio - Three Individual Bowls of: Roasted Beet, Gold Raisin and Orange Salad - Green Been, Tomato and Roasted Shallot Salad & Watermelon, Radish, and Mint salad. He had the Chicken Breast Provencal -
Pan-seared and simmered in a rustic blend of Heirloom Tomatoes, Olives, White Wine, and fresh Herbs with Seasonal Vegetables and Roasted Fingerling Potatoes

Eeyore's picture

Yummy! We could not get in for dinner and lunch wait was long. It's on our list next time!

Jess's picture

Love Love Love the trip report...Brooklin was watching the videos with me and said "that silly mr.hub, i want to go to disney with him again" And all your lovely photos of the boardwalk makes me hope our waitlist goes through

disneydoc's picture

Jess wrote:
Love Love Love the trip report...Brooklin was watching the videos with me and said "that silly mr.hub, i want to go to disney with him again" And all your lovely photos of the boardwalk makes me hope our waitlist goes through

I hope your wait list goes through too Jess! I loved my Boardwalk stay. The mornings were so peaceful. mickey

mimi's picture

mickey mickey mickey Your report is a hoot! Thank you very much sharing such a fun report.... Your video of EE was great.. I'm such a chicken about coasters, but your video made it seem like it wasn't that scary - but that still might be as close as I actually get to riding it. wink I also enjoyed the ride down the water slide! weeeeee laugh

PS: You're looking quite sporty in your speedo... silly

All of you look so happy in the picture with the Beast! .... I love ALL your pictures.

MrHub's picture

Okay folks, sort Im behind, my computer was taking a dump, but know I have a new one and I will get back to the trip report ASAP. Woo Hoo!

Well computers dying must be the thing today because mine died about an hour ago and I am using my NOOK tablet to read everything. I will be shopping for a new one this weekend.

MrHub's picture

Jess wrote:

biggrin

Magic Mirror's picture

I hate computer malfunctions! waiting