My firsts- My trip report 7/20-24

Login to post comments
11 posts / 0 new
angels444's picture
My firsts- My trip report 7/20-24

This is going to be my list of firsts since there was so many. Sorry it is not a true trip report, but I am not good at doing those.

First time I ever planned a Disney World trip in 30 mins. Not my first trip on the fly. I have planned Disneyland trips with maybe an hour or two notice. There have been a couple other non Disney trips.

First time I ever traveled without a over night case just in case something happened. We had nothing! No clothes, no toothpaste or nothing, but the clothes on our back, J's camera bag, our laptop bag and a purse full of credit cards.

First time I ever went without a dining plan. You have to book at least 3 days ahead of time.

First time we had no advance dining plans. We missed BOG, but we did get Le Cellier for Jason. We also got into 50's prime time and Cape May Cafe which made J's night.

First time we have eaten at 50's and were disappointed by the food.

First time for BOG for lunch. We have always gone for dinner and I am sure if we tried early and begged and stood there for a couple of hours they would fit us in, but I settled for lunch.We got there and walked straight in to order. When I heard it was a quick service I thought it was a typical quick service with a tray. I made a comment about how cool it was that they knew where to bring the food and the girl delivering said "It is the magic of the castle and Mrs Pot's tells them where to go."

First time to see spiltsville. Jason loved his pizza.

First time I have seen anyone do spitballs in a restaurant in years, maybe 20 years if not longer. There was a family, yes mom and dad helping and laughing, spiting spit balls on the tv in 50's Prime Time Cafe.That made me mad that anyone could disrespect my cherished Disney World like that . Plus the people sitting there next to the tv would have to see them and would probably think less of Disney and its cleanliness.

First time we visited Shades of Green. A beautiful resort.

First time we ever used the military park tickets instead of the tickets from Disney. That took a little getting use to, we tried using our room cards a couple of times to get into the parks out of habit.

First time we ever used the new entry system. I caught on after a couple of days.

First time we ever went in July, during the heat of the summer. We usually travel in November and December.

First time we ever traveled in the rainy season. I guess July is really rainy. It rained every afternoon for a little bit.

First time I walked barefooted since I was a kid.I didn't want to walk in wet shoes and we didn't have flip flop, so I walked in the rain.

First time I ever walked Disney with blisters on my feet. Ouch ouch ouch! I think it was from walking bare foot.

. First time we saw so much skin in Disney. We always travel in the winter we never see the interesting summer wardrobe choices. I am not a prude, but wow.

First time we ever traveled with touring groups. There was teens everywhere you went. Most were quiet and respectful, but there were the ones that cheered or sang most of the time.

First time we got bad seating for the Electric Light Parade and fireworks. The tour groups took all the good curb space and sat down 3 hours ahead of time. They just switched out with others as they waited.

First time I missed Fantasmic. We just didn't want to wait 5 hours for it to start. We did everything we wanted to do. We told ourselves that we would come back but we didn't make it.

First time we ever went to DTD during peak season. I figured a tuesday night how crowded could it be. Lol

First time I have ever gone to a Walmart that looked like the world was ending. I live in a hurricane area and I have never seen it like that here. I counted 18 people ahead of me and 18 behind me and that was just my line. Jason said it looked like a zombie apocalypse was coming.

First time seeing Dr Who stuff in England. I have asked for years where is the Dr Who stuff ? I would just get weird looks or comments like Disney doesn't own Dr Who. Which I knew, but still Dr Who and England go hand in hand in my opinion.

First time in the NEW bakery in France. We loved it as usual.

First time we rented a car. That really saved us on taxi fees. The first time we went to walmart it cost us 20.00 each way. The car was 59.00 for one day. We only rented it for one day so we could go back to walmart and get supplies for my blisters. We also went to khols to see if sneakers would help , I was wearing mules, and the snealer's didnt help.

Did I mention the blisters...... ouch ouch ouch. wheelchair

I might add to this list, but these are many of my firsts.

Attached is the picture from Walmart. That is just the checkout lines. You should have seen the rest of the store.

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker Free Disney Tickers

PreviewAttachmentSize
2013-07-20_21-44-46_5932.jpg
2013-07-20_21-44-46_5932.jpg1.76 MB

OMG eek Trust me I would have spent the extra money at the resort instead of going to Walmart. That is just CRAZY. I am so glad you were able to go to Disney on the spur of the moment.

WOW! That Walmart picture is crazy! Ours may look like that this weekend during tax free weekend, we're going for the necessities early. It gets that way at Christmas too, but in July?

Glad you had such a good time for a spur of the moment trip. It just adds to the memories, you'll always be able to say "remember when we went to Disney with only the clothes on our back?"
How was the PrimeTime food disappointing? We hadn't been for years until last month and we thought the food was good, but the portions were small.

Julie

Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust

angels444's picture

Julie wrote:
WOW! That Walmart picture is crazy! Ours may look like that this weekend during tax free weekend, we're going for the necessities early. It gets that way at Christmas too, but in July?

Glad you had such a good time for a spur of the moment trip. It just adds to the memories, you'll always be able to say "remember when we went to Disney with only the clothes on our back?"
How was the PrimeTime food disappointing? We hadn't been for years until last month and we thought the food was good, but the portions were small.

We eat there every year and the portions are go big we decided to split the sampler. One leg, one thigh, about a cup of pot roast and one slice of meat loaf. The chicken pieces were so small, the pot roast had 2 chunks of fat in it and I just couldn't eat the meatloaf. There was greens on the plate and I hate greens, but I had to eat them so "Aunty MJ" would leave J alone because he refused to eat them. lol

KanineKrunchies's picture

@angels- I spy some tour group tshirts in that picture, which could be contributing. However, I guess I will never complain about our Walmart again. Though, after my last couple Walmart experiences, we pretty much exclusively shop at Target or the Buy for More (the sign says Less...but we know the truth) near our house.

[url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]

July 2010- First Disney trip with my now husband and his family. Campsites at Fort Wilderness
March 2012- 2 day Spring Break trip to Disney ---Royal Plaza (dowtown disney area)
July 2013- week long Disneymoon -- split stay Caribbean Beach and Coronado Springs

December 2014 Christmas Trip- TBD
Summer 2015--Family Trip

Allie's picture

Can I first just say you and J are my Disney idols for such a spur of the moment Disney trip?! So cool! muchlove

But that Walmart picture! eek eek eek It looks like Black Friday!

angels444's picture

KanineKrunchies wrote:
@angels- I spy some tour group tshirts in that picture, which could be contributing. However, I guess I will never complain about our Walmart again. Though, after my last couple Walmart experiences, we pretty much exclusively shop at Target or the Buy for More (the sign says Less...but we know the truth) near our house.

You are right there were a few of tour groups that night. My line didnt move for awhile because one of the tour guides was checking out $541.76 and they needed someone to translate for some reason. We finally just moved to another line.

Kristen K.'s picture

angels444 wrote:
First time we have eaten at 50's and were disappointed by the food.
First time I have seen anyone do spitballs in a restaurant in years, maybe 20 years if not longer.

Ugh!! GROSS! Did you say anything to your server?

angels444 wrote:
First time seeing Dr Who stuff in England. I have asked for years where is the Dr Who stuff ? I would just get weird looks or comments like Disney doesn't own Dr Who. Which I knew, but still Dr Who and England go hand in hand in my opinion.

The first time I saw it was last October - I bought a shirt for my daughter.
Don't know how plugged in to the Whovian fandom, but this Sunday is the announcement for the new doctor! I'm on pins and needles.

How plugged in well Kristen I have been a Who fan for 25 years so we are just a we bit into it lol. I would talk more but I gotta pack and drive 2+ hours home woohoo weekend pass.

Kirsten you and me both with the Dr Who announcement! I have been watching Dr Who my whole life but I can never remember them doing a special announcements programme. clapping clapping Kirsten if I had the TARDIS I Would go back in time and meet Walt.

Wow how wonderful and brave going on the hop. I dont know if I could do that. Crikey how could those people at 50s think it was funny. I would have probably gone over and told them to stop.

JanJ's picture

Sally-Ann wrote:
Kirsten you and me both with the Dr Who announcement! I have been watching Dr Who my whole life but I can never remember them doing a special announcements programme. clapping clapping Kirsten if I had the TARDIS I Would go back in time and meet Walt.

Wow how wonderful and brave going on the hop. I dont know if I could do that. Crikey how could those people at 50s think it was funny. I would have probably gone over and told them to stop.

Me three!!! My DH and I love Dr Who - me the newer ones and my hubby prefers the older ones. Can't wait to hear who the new Dr is.