October 2018

Login to post comments
48 posts / 0 new
Spook's picture
October 2018

We had decided to forgo our annual Fall trip this year but then all of a sudden an opportunity came up and next thing I knew, we were all booked for the end of October yay I knew I couldn't last without my fall trip! This is the most last minute trip we've ever done. Booked about 45 days in advance rather than 7-11 months laugh

Anyway, here are our plans. We are staying the first 2 nights at Animal Kingdom Lodge then moving to All Star Music for the remainder of the trip. We only had enough DVC points for 2 nights ( and we were lucky enough just to find those nights as not much is available this late in the game) since we weren't planning on going and used most points for January in a Copper Creek grand villa. I am excited to go back to a Value resort though. I love the themeing of those resorts.

Day 1 Arrival day! Should land around 12:30pm. After we check in we will head to Animal Kingdom. Fast passes are made for Expedition Everest, Safari and the new UP show. For dinner we are going to try the new family style dinner at Pizzafari.

Day 2 Heading to Epcot with fast passes for Living with the Land and Frozen. Early dinner at Chef De France (new for us) then heading to Magic Kingdom for MNSSHP. I really want to ride Space Mountain and see what it's like with the new effects for the party! And check out Pirates too.

Day 3 Hollywood Studios today. I actually managed to score a fast pass for Slinky Dog! It was the ONLY one left for the entire week we are there! Also have one for Tower of Terror. Dinner will be at Whispering Canyon (new for us).

Day 4 Disney Springs day. Lunch booked at Homecomin (new to us) and for dinner we are walking to Sweet Tomatoes. I love that place.

Day 5 Starting today off right with breakfast at Trails End. Then heading to Animal Kingdom with fast passes for safari, dinosaur and Expedition Everest.

Day 6 Celebrating our Anniversary at Magic Kingdom! Fast passes for Big Thunder Mountain, Buzz, and Space Mountain. Dinner is at Mickey's Backyard BBQ. I've always wanted to go and when I heard it was closing, I made sure to book it! After dinner it's back to MK to finally see the new fireworks show.

Day 7 Breakfast at Trattoria Al Forno. Tangled is my favourite movie so I love meeting Flynn and Rapunzel. After breakfast we'll walk over to Epcot. Fastpass for Test Track. Not sure what else we'll do today. I imagine Epcot will be packed so we'll probably head somewhere else.

Day 8 Heading home. Tragical Express picks us up at 7:30am.

JMed's picture

yay yay yay yay yay yay yay

Sounds perfect!

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

Allie's picture

Sounds awesome! Jon and I booked our first last minute trip this past July at around 40 days out too and it was still so much fun! Bummed we're going to miss you by just a couple of days, but I can't wait to hear how the new Pizzafari dinner is!

Kristen K.'s picture

Girl that's fantastic! Go you! What are your dates?

Spook's picture

Kristen K. wrote:
Girl that's fantastic! Go you! What are your dates?

October 22-29

Kristen K.'s picture

Aww drat - we'll just miss you.

Spook's picture

Kristen K. wrote:

Sad
I think we just miss a lot of people.

JoAnn C's picture

Spook wrote:
Kristen K. wrote:

Sad

I will be there until the 24th

JoAnn C's picture

So excited for you

oHIo's picture

oHIo and DH arrive on 10/24 and depart the morning of 10/28, staying at Beach Club. Attending passholder event on the 25th and MNSSHP on the 26th. Breakfast with Rapunzel, Flynn, Aerial and Eric on Thursday the 25th. Several seminars at Food & Wine Festival Center including one featuring George Miliotes from Wine Bar George. Looking forward to Food & Wine Festival!

Spook's picture

JoAnn C wrote:
Spook wrote:
Kristen K. wrote:

Sad

I will be there until the 24th

yay yay yay

Yay for the October trip!!! It should be a great time to be there. And an anniversary celebration to boot!!

stars yeah stars

Spook's picture

Slight change. Because I continually stalk the DVC website, I found four nights in a studio at SSR available! So now we are at SSR for four nights and All Star Music for three nights. This saves us almost $300! Now, what can I buy for $300 laugh

Kristen K.'s picture

Well that was an awesome switch!

Spook wrote:
This saves us almost $300! Now, what can I buy for $300 laugh

This is the exact same logic I use!!! yeah

Spook's picture

JeffC wrote:
Spook wrote:
This saves us almost $300! Now, what can I buy for $300 laugh

This is the exact same logic I use!!! yeah

Great minds think alike awesome

Spook's picture

This trip needs to hurry up and get here so I stop making changes laugh

Changed a few days around.

Day 1 We are now going to Epcot instead of Animal Kingdom. Fastpass for Spaceship Earth and Test Track. And dinner at the Garden Grill. I just can't not go there! It's my favourite mickey

Days 2-4 Remain the same. So far anyway laugh

Day 5 Since I cancelled Pizzafari family style dinner on Day 1, we're now doing it today.

Day 6 Unchanged.

Day 7 Going to Animal Kingdom instead of Epcot (although we'll make a stop at Epcot to pick up our annual passholder cutting board assuming we make it there 4 days). Fastpass for Everest, Safari and Tough to be a bug.

Kristen K.'s picture

Spook wrote:
This trip needs to hurry up and get here so I stop making changes laugh

The story of my last few days. I need a great meme for this.

Spook's picture

Well what do you know, I made more changes! laugh

The reason we had planned on skipping our fall trip was to save money ( as soon as our mortgage is paid off, we're buying Copper Creek!). Looking over our plans, we realized we were getting a little spend crazy laugh So, in a effort to cut costs, we cut a bunch of ADR's. Sadly we are no longer doing Garden Grill Sad( , Chefs de France, Whispering Canyon and Trails End. We looked into the dining plan and Tables in Wonderland but neither would work for us. Ah well. Lots of time to try the other places on future trips mickey

I am still excited for Homecomin, Sweet Tomatoes, Pizzafari, Mickey's Backyard BBQ and Trattoria al Forno. Oddly enough, I am also really excited to order groceries because there is quite a bit of stuff we can't get in Canada.

Kristen K.'s picture

Spook wrote:
Oddly enough, I am also really excited to order groceries because there is quite a bit of stuff we can't get in Canada.

I believe you! My youngest daughter is in the process of emigrating to Canada, and we just had a conversation last night about the things I'm going to have to send her in a care package.

Spook's picture

Kristen K. wrote:
Spook wrote:
Oddly enough, I am also really excited to order groceries because there is quite a bit of stuff we can't get in Canada.

I believe you! My youngest daughter is in the process of emigrating to Canada, and we just had a conversation last night about the things I'm going to have to send her in a care package.

I remember the first time we went to a grocery store in Florida when we were kids and we were shocked that they had everything from the commercials laugh

Spook's picture

We are sore from the marathon yesterday but we are mobile awesome Now waiting ( not so) patiently at the gate for our flight. Only 2.5 hours until take off waiting

Mobile is great!!!! stars

Have a blast!!

Spook's picture

Our flight landed almost 30 minutes early! Then we proceeded directly to the magical express. Got to SSR and our room was ready. We are in the Springs section. We dropped our stuff off then headed to Epcot. I spent a bunch of money at mouse gears, grabbed a drink at club cool, rode spaceship earth and test track then headed to Disney Springs. We walked to Sweet Tomatoes for supper and we are still stuffed! Just finished unpacking and now waiting for our groceries to be delivered. Then we'll be off to bed to rest up for tomorrow.

What an awesome day!! And I know you have lots of fun planned for today too!!!

Spook's picture

Slept in a bit this morning then headed to Epcot. We had fastpasses for living with the land and Frozen. We also got a couple snacks at the food and wine festival. To be honest, I'm kind of over the festival right now. I find it's a lot of the same food ( which isn't a bad thing because there is some tasty stuff), and I'm tired of the crowds. I think next trip might be mid November when it's over laugh

We ran into Joann at Epcot. It was a short visit but it was great to see her. We headed to beach club to catch the bus to Disney Springs. We had an early dinner at Homecoming. It was delicious! We split a side of cheddar cheese drop biscuits, the chicken with doughnuts ( and mashed potatoes) and the humming bird cake. It was all very good but so much food! So glad we split everything! We then headed back to the room to rest up before the Halloween party.

We dressed up as the Garden Grill for the party. I think only cast members knew what we were laugh The great lines were crazy, even at 8:30. We started out riding space mountain which was really cool. We also rode pirates which was slightly disappointing. I thought the would be more live action pirates. We watched the first parade but didn't have a very good view. After the fireworks, we did more trick or treating and the lines were nice and short. Then we found a great spot for the second parade. After that, we headed out.

Now we rest up for our first visit to Toy Story land!

I agree about PoTC and HAVE A BLAST AT TSL!!!!!

Spook's picture

JeffC wrote:
I agree about PoTC and HAVE A BLAST AT TSL!!!!!

I'm so excited for Toy Story yay

Spook's picture

Hollywood studios day.

We arrived just in time for our tower of terror fastpass. I love this ride. I hate the anticipation of waiting to drop though laugh We wandered around a bit after. Met BB-8 then headed to Toy Story Land. It's themed very well. It was very hot and crowded so we just rode Alien saucers and Slinky dog and headed back out. Slinky dog was a lot more intense than I expected. It was a lot of fun!
We then watched Beauty and the Beast and Erik rode rockin roller coaster. Dinner was at Fare Fax Fair. We split the empanadas platter which was very good. Then we shared a cookies and cream funnel cake.
We then took the boat to Epcot. Trying to get our cutting boards by going 4 times. One more to go awesome We just walked through Epcot and took a bus back to SSR.

Spook's picture

Today we got up early and headed to MK. Watched the Trolley show and ran into Robyn and Sy. It was great to see them. We had fastpasses for Buzz, haunted mansion and small world. We also rode the carousel of progress and the train. After watching the parade we walked over to the Contemporary and then took the boat to Fort Wilderness. We walked the nature trail to Wilderness Lodge. I love this trail. We saw 8 deer on our walk. After wandering around the lodge a bit, we took the bus to Disney Springs.
Dinner was at D-Luxe burger which was really good. Then we checked out some shops and headed back to the room. We split our chocolate chip cookie from Gideon's bakery ( you get them at Polite Pig). It was good, but too heavy and too many chocolate chips. I'm glad we tried it, but I wouldn't get it again. Now it's time to pack up for the move to All Star movies in the morning.

Tomorrow is the release of the Orange Bird funko pop. I'm going to attempt to get one. Wish me luck! I have a feeling there will be a huge line waiting

Good luck with the funko!!!

I love how you guys wander all around. we have got to get over to Wilderness Lodge!!

PS - if you can and haven't already Slinky Dog at night is ultra-phenomenal.