3 Great Jogging Trails at Walt Disney World Resort

Jogging trails are offered for guests to use throughout Walt Disney World Resort. Most of the Disney Hotels have "Winding paths through serene wilderness and scenic trails alongside sprawling lakes and rivers," offer some of the most charming and tranquil views of the property. If you plan on using the resort's jogging trails during your stay, please ask for maps and information at the front desk of your resort hotel. I thought that I'd share a couple of the ones that I've walked.

Epcot Resorts TrailEpcot Resorts Trail
Epcot Resort Area (Yacht and Beach Clubs, Boardwalk, Swan and Dolphin) have extended trails when you connect them together. Approximately one mile-long, this un-shaded pathway starts along the Board Walk Canal, followed with a scenic loop around Disney's Yacht Club Resort and Disney Boardwalk Inn, and a 0.8 mile-long loop around Crescent Lake. For the longest jogging route, follow along Epcot Resorts Boulevard and Buena Vista Drive.

Fort Wilderness and Wilderness Lodge TrailsFort Wilderness and Wilderness Lodge Trails
Disney's Wilderness Lodge offers a 1.5 mile long pathway that runs behind The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge and either takes you back to Disney's Wilderness Lodge Resort or on to Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground. The trail is 2.5 miles if you include the Fort Wilderness Trail. A somewhat wooded trail if you head towards Fort Wilderness, if your jogging at dusk a little bug repellant doesn't hurt.

Caribbean Beach Resort Jogging MapCaribbean Beach Resort Jogging Map
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resorthas a smooth, fast, scenic, paved path running 1.4-miles around Barefoot Bay. Early mornings are cooler and peaceful as you watch the sun rise above the tree tops.

If you're not used to jogging in hot and humid conditions be sure to take some precautions.

• Avoid running in the mid-day. Early morning jogs, and those after dark will be cooler and keep you out of the beating sun on Disney's mostly un-shaded paths.
  • Be mindful of other traffic on the path, you may encounter pedestrians, bicyclists, and the occasional golf cart.
  • Drink more water than you would at home, listen to your body and don't push.
  • If you think it's just too hot to hit the trail you can find treadmills inside the Disney Resort Fitness Centers.

Do you keep up with your workouts when on vacation? I wish that I was that ambitious. What trails at WDW are your favorites? Leave a comment and let me know what your top Disney runs are.

Source

JeffC wrote on Tue, 03/20/2012 - 18:09:

JeffC's picture

In 2005, we stayed at the Caribbean Beach Resort, and every morning, we got up and did a part jog/part walk around Barefoot Bay. (We went the longer loop, which took us all the way out to Trinidad South)

I will say that it was absolutely gorgeous, and since it was April, it was still nice and not very humid. The morning sun and the views made it soooo peaceful.

Of course, that's the only year we did that - it was fun once. But that we enough for me.

Esskay wrote on Tue, 03/20/2012 - 21:02:

Jogging? You mean walking for several miles a day isn't enough?

Wow.

JeffC wrote on Wed, 03/21/2012 - 00:20:

JeffC's picture

That was our stupid year. I was exhausted by Day 5. We stopped jogging on Day 6. I'm older and wiser now. :p

Kristen K. wrote on Thu, 03/29/2012 - 16:45:

Can't say that I've gone jogging on any of these paths, but I have enjoyed a couple of run Disney 5K races.

Mandy wrote on Sun, 03/31/2013 - 23:41:

I stayed at Saratoga Springs and ran from my room which was in the grandstands, to the main lobby/ rock pool area, over the walking bridge to DD, through downtown disney (when nothing is open and it is a beautiful run by the lake) until I couldn't go anymore at the end of the westside market, and ran back, it was early and was one other jogger in downtown disney as well. Not sure how far it was, though. Less than 30 minutes.

Northern Ontario wrote on Sat, 06/01/2013 - 03:28:

I wish they would put a path between POFQ and OKW so I could jog to DTD and back in the morning. One mile paths are not very long, unless you do the loop a few times and that gets boring after a few days.

Joabie wrote on Thu, 05/08/2014 - 21:43:

I run every time we go to Disney World for vacation. All of the resorts we've stayed at so far have really nice running paths. This includes the paths at Port Orleans (Riverside & French Quarter), Art of Animation, and Caribbean Beach. The Caribbean Beach path really reminds you of running in Mexico. Also, the Art of Animation path has little signs along the path with "trivia" questions/facts. I believe that path runs through the Pop Century area too. Definitely get up early if you plan on running. It gets hot fast!

Jonathan wrote on Tue, 05/20/2014 - 20:58:

For PO guests, you can create a 4.5 mile loop by combining the 1.7 mile path and the Sassagoola Circle road. You have to get your run in before the busses start running, however. I was able to accomplish decent mileage by repeating this loop 3 times for a half marathon length long run, but I am also a marathoner. :)