5 Reasons to Stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge
Wake up, walk out onto your balcony, and take in views of an African savanna. This is just the beginning of the many amazing possibilities that await you at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge.
Here are 5 reasons why you should consider staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge on your next visit.
1. Atmosphere. Situated among a 43 acre wildlife preserve, Animal Kingdom Lodge stays true to its African theme and creates a one of a kind atmosphere for guests. Guests and visitors are allowed the unique experience of viewing exotic animals from special alcoves inside the hotel and certain guest room balconies.
2. Dining. The dining options offered at Animal Kingdom Lodge are some of Disney visitors' favorite dining experiences. At Boma enjoy the variety of African dishes as well as American favorites that are available on the buffet. Jiko- The Cooking Place is the perfect setting for a romantic dinner. Head to Sanaa were you can enjoy a fusion of Indian and African cooking styles as well as a breathtaking view of the Sunset Savanna.
One of Animal Kingdom Lodge's secrets is that guests are allowed a free culinary tour that will take them through Boma and Jiko.
3. Animal and Cultural Programs. Animal Kingdom Lodge offers its guests the opportunity to immerse themselves into African experiences through their animal and cultural programs. On the Wanyama Safari guests enjoy a sunset adventure through the Lodge's savannas and a dining experience at Jiko. For early-risers who are staying concierge level the Sunrise Safari is morning adventure you won't forget. Concierge guests also have the unique opportunity for a Wildlife Discovery Tour through the Harambe Wildlife Preserve.
Animal Viewing with night vision goggles is offered nightly from 9pm to 11pm at Uzima Overlook. And daily at 8:30pm at the Sunset Lounge Culture Safari presentations are given by Animal Kingdom Lodge cultural representatives.
4. Uzima Springs Pool. The Uzima Springs Pool is a relaxing oasis in the midst of what can be a busy vacation. Relax by the zero-entry pool or in one of the 2 jacuzzi hot tubs. If you are looking for a little adventure take a ride on the water slide. The Uzima Springs Pool Bar is the perfect place to grab a snack or a drink while you relax.
There is another pool on property at Animal Kingdom Lodge, the Samawati Springs Pool. It is also a zero-entry pool and features a water slide and 2 whirlpool hot tubs. Enjoy a drink from the Maji Pool Bar.
5. Rooms. Short of traveling to Africa there is a good chance you won't be to find a room with a view quite like the savanna view rooms at Animal Kingdom Lodge. The many room options at Animal Kingdom Lodge offer guests the opportunity for rooms with savanna, pool, or standard views. In addition to regular guest rooms, Animal Kingdom Lodge also offers suites and concierge level rooms.
The Animal Kingdom Villas is the DVC property at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Accommodation options at the Villas range from studios to grand villas, with the options of staying in Jambo House or Kidani Village.
Have you ever stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge? What was your favorite part?