Disney Mocktails: All the Fun Without the Alcohol

Walt Disney World has some fabulous bars and lounges to explore throughout it's property offering fun cocktails to wet your whistle and help you indulge in tropical vacation bliss. But not everyone can or wants to consume alcohol, and with the temperatures rising this summer to record highs imbibing is not always the smartest choice.

Can You Spot the Mocktails?Can You Spot the Mocktails?
Never fear! Since I was a little girl long ago I've been indulging in "mocktails" all over the Disney Property. Way back then that usually meant a "virgin" Strawberry Daiquiri or Pina Colada, but today the Disney Mixologists have come up with a whole slew of beverages that are handcrafted with unique and quality ingredients, and leave the alcohol out.

The standard Disney cocktail menu offers some colorful, creative selections that can be served with or without alcohol. These fun drinks still come in cocktail glasses with fun garnish and help you to get in the mood. No one knows what's in your glass so go ahead and let loose, you can always claim it was the cocktail that made you wear that silly hat and dance with the waiter!

Here are just a few for you to try!

• Mojito
  • Tropical Mojito
  • Tropical Ginger Lemonade
  • Antioxidant Cocktail
  • Pomegranate Splash
  • Pina CoLava

I must admit I've become quite fond of the Tropical Mojitos after having one at Ohana. It became my go to drink on my next vacation! Do you have a favorite "mocktail" at Disney? How do you treat yourself to something refreshing without imbibing? Leave a comment and let us know!

Melissa Sue wrote on Sat, 07/07/2012 - 01:23:

What's in these magical mocktails?!!? Where can I get them? I smell a Disney Food Blog post!!

Shawn wrote on Sat, 07/07/2012 - 03:59:

One day I may have to try this thing you speak of ...

... fun without alcohol. Sounds intriguing!

Kristen K. wrote on Sat, 07/07/2012 - 16:22:

Melissa - Most of the Disney Mocktails combine fruit juice or syrup of some sort with a carbonated beverage such as club soda, sprite, or ginger ale.

Meagan wrote on Sun, 07/08/2012 - 18:17:

I love this!! I'm not much of a drinker, but love fruity cocktails. All the fun w/o the buzz :)

Wendy wrote on Sat, 08/04/2012 - 12:49:

Pina CoLavas are among the yummiest things I've enjoyed on property--I had one at a pool and fell madly in love :).

Wendy

Wendy wrote on Sat, 08/04/2012 - 12:56:

I do also love the Lava Smoothie mocktail--pina colada mix and raspberry puree, no alcohol. The only dilemna is that it puts the song "Raspberry Beret" by Prince in my head for the rest of the day, with "puree" substituting "beret" ;).

Eugene wrote on Tue, 09/11/2012 - 15:29:

Great info! While I don't mind indulging in an adult baegreve or two, it's always good to have the option to have something exotic and tasty that won't cause a hangover! In addition to the ones you tried, Donald's Delight and the Caramel Cove also look good.