Big Thunder Mountain RR Refurb - early 2012

Login to post comments
12 posts / 0 new
Big Thunder Mountain RR Refurb - early 2012

Saw this tweeted out earlier today and posted over at WDWMagic.com:

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad set for lengthy refurbishment in early 2012
Oct 06, 2011

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad is set for a lengthy refurbishment in early 2012, closing on January 9, and reopening on May 28 2012. Big Thunder has had a number of effects missing for some time now, so this refurbishment should provide an opportunity to fully restore the attraction.

Touringplans.com says it's closed through March 31, 2012 though. Wonder which date is more accurate.

If it's not until end of May, we'll miss it with our next trip Sad Anyone heard anything more?

Trueblue63's picture

Sad( Sounds like we'll miss it

Easy WDW quotes the 4/1 reopen

We were planning on going the first week in May. Drat! That's one of the first rides we go on in the morning when we hit the MK. UGH!!!! One of our fave rides. Oh well, glad it will be getting the needed touch up.

Thanks for the heads up!

sam_disney's picture

Im glad its finally being refurbished.... long over due!

11 times to Disney World! 12th time this year.. Christmas 2011 for my honeymoon!!!!! Laughing out loud

SquareAce's picture

I hope it doesn't close early. We have watched videos of it, and want to ride it while there, the first week of 2012.

Vettelover's picture

I have found that as far as the closing date, it is usually adhered to very closely. They always have everything for the closure set to go beforehand such as signs and scrims and such and when they are scheduled to close, THAT IS IT! The re-opening on the other hand is always subject to change.

Kristen K.'s picture

Oh my! That is a lengthy refurb. I do hope that they get everything working like it's meant to once again. Big Thunder has been my favorite mountain since it's opening!

I wish I had known about this site before our trip to wdw this past march. I was so excited to ride btm and found out it was closed. I was kinda sad.

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Our First Cruise

Not going on a Disney cruise but still excited for our next adventure!

The Cookie Crumbler's picture

We're getting in on the 6th of January and going to MK the next day. I hope they stick to the dates since it's one of the few roller coasters that I can handle anywhere!

Fellow Americans, I hear your tambourines inside my head and that's no lie!

Allie's picture

The Cookie Crumbler wrote:
We're getting in on the 6th of January and going to MK the next day. I hope they stick to the dates since it's one of the few roller coasters that I can handle anywhere!

This was beginning of 2012 that they closed. It has already closed and reopened so you should be totally fine this coming January awesome

You should have no problem getting a ride. This is an old thread, the work has been completed laugh .

The Cookie Crumbler's picture

scrappy wrote:
You should have no problem getting a ride. This is an old thread, the work has been completed laugh .

Allie wrote:
This was beginning of 2012 that they closed. It has already closed and reopened so you should be totally fine this coming January awesome

Pfffttt I need to learn how these calendar things work... laugh

Fellow Americans, I hear your tambourines inside my head and that's no lie!