February 2020 Family Trip

Login to post comments
10 posts / 0 new
Allie's picture
February 2020 Family Trip

We're down to 57 days out and it feels like it has been forever since we had a nice long trip to Walt Disney World! We are jumping out of our skin to get down there and experience Riveria Resort, the skyliner system, Rise of the Resistance, and even the new films coming to Epcot! We'll be bringing my mom and one of my younger sisters (the other one will be in the middle of student teaching) along for the ride and their excitement has added to ours!

Dates are January 31st through February 8th. It's become a tradition the past 3 years (now 4) for us to be in Walt Disney World over Super Bowl Sunday, but last year we just did a one night resort stay post-cruise which meant it was our first year not doing the International Festival of the Arts so we're thrilled to get to visit that again and see (and eat) some of our favorites!

Here's the current plan. Anything italicized and underlined is a new experience for us.

Friday, January 31st
We've got an early morning flight down that takes off at 6:35am. We live about an hour and a half from the airport so that combined with the fact there is five of us with five suitcases, we're going to be utilizing Executive Express for the first time. Executive Express will pick us up right at our house at 2:15am eek eek eek eek and we'll hopefully sleep a bit on the way down or at least on the flight. We land at MCO just before 11am if all goes according to plan. We're taking Magical Express to Riviera Resort where we will be staying in a 1-bedroom. We're SO excited to check out this new resort and utilize the skyliner system. We're going to eat lunch and hang out at the pool (or hopefully catch a nap if our room is ready) while we wait for my mom's scooter delivery, then we'll head over to International Gateway via the skyliner to activate Jon and my annual passes, purchase Tables in Wonderland, etc. Then we're going to Uber over to Animal Kingdom Lodge for snacks and cocktails at Victoria Falls and then dinner at Sanaa at 7:05pm. My mom and sister have never been to Animal Kingdom Lodge and seeing it was one of my sister's only requests.

Saturday, February 1st
Up bright and early for Hollywood Studios! Planning on getting there EARLY to rope drop Rise of the Resistance and Smugglers Run. FastPasses are for Slinky Dog Dash, Disney Jr Dance Party, and Star Tours that Jon will take Penny on while the women enjoy beers and pretzels at Baseline Tap House laugh We have a 1pm Droid Depot reservation, a 1:45pm Oga's Cantina reservation, and a 5:50pm 50's Prime Time reservation and we plan on doing Fantasmic that evening if we hold up that long.

Sunday, February 2nd
Magic Kingdom today! FastPasses are for Big Thunder Mountain, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, and Space Mountain and we're planning on hitting Trader Sam's before dinner at The Wave. Happily Ever After will also be on the agenda for tonight depending on how tired we are.

Monday, February 3rd
Headed to Epcot today with FastPasses for Frozen Ever After, Spaceship Earth, and Journey Into Imagination and a lunch reservation at Beaches & Cream. Crossing my fingers that the new Regal Eagle Smokehouse will be open by then so we can hit it up for dinner along with Festival of the Arts booths. Definitely catching Epcot Forever this night!

Tuesday, February 4th
Animal Kingdom today! Rope dropping Kilimanjaro Safaris with later FastPasses for Flight of Passage, Finding Nemo the Musical, and an evening round of Kilimanjaro Safaris. Lunch will be at Nomad Lounge supplemented by Satuli Canteen if we're still hungry and then we have dinner reservations at Yak & Yeti.

Wednesday, February 5th
Rest day! We'll be sleeping in and maybe hitting the pool in the morning depending on what time we end up getting up. Lunch at Disney Springs (Jon and I will probably do Morimoto Asia Street Food depending on where the others want to eat) and then my mom and sister want to go to the outlet mall so Jon and Penny and I will probably go do mini golf since we missed the winter side of Winter Summerland on our last trip. Penny, my mom, and my sister have reservations at Homecomin' and Jon will be doing a bit of a date night at Jaleo that I'm SO excited for!

Thursday, February 6th
Back to Magic Kingdom. We have FastPasses for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Enchanted Tales with Belle, and Peter Pan's Flight and a lunch reservation at Be Our Guest. I'm thinking maybe Geyser Point for dinner if we need a break from the park and we may do Top of the World Lounge tonight too (first time as DVC members!)

Friday, February 7th
Our 2nd round at Epcot. Soarin', Spaceship Earth, and Seas with Nemo and Friends FastPasses are on the agenda, as well as hitting up La Cava del Tequila and a Via Napoli dinner reservation.

Saturday, February 8th
Last day...wah wah. I've got both an early morning and late brunch reservation at Topolino Terrace depending on how we're feeling. I also have a Slinky Dog Dash FastPass setup but don't know which park we'll actually end up going to before our 6:30pm Magical Express pickup for our 9:40pm flight home.

Mandy's picture

That sounds like a great plan! Animal Kingdom is usually very dead in the mornings because almost everyone rushes to Pandora. You'll be here on my birthday.

Kristen K.'s picture

Whoo hoo! That all sounds fantastic. The countdown is on.

oHIo's picture

I'll be checking into BLT on Thursday 2/06! Will make it a point to head to Top of the World! See you there!

Kristen K.'s picture

Jealous! Have a drink for me muchlove

oHIo's picture

Kristen K. wrote:

Pick your poison! laugh

Kristen K.'s picture

oHIo wrote:
Kristen K. wrote:

Pick your poison! laugh

Oooo... if they have the Discovery Island Fizz go for that. Unless you're not a gin person, in which case the Bay Lake Sunset sounds yummy too!

Send pictures! laugh

oHIo's picture

Kristen K. wrote:
oHIo wrote:
Kristen K. wrote:

Pick your poison! laugh

Oooo... if they have the Discovery Island Fizz go for that. Unless you're not a gin person, in which case the Bay Lake Sunset sounds yummy too!

Send pictures! laugh

LOL set it up on my phone as an appointment with a reminder to take a picture!

Kristen K.'s picture

laugh You are awesome oHIo!

Allie's picture

oHIo wrote:
I'll be checking into BLT on Thursday 2/06! Will make it a point to head to Top of the World! See you there!

clapping clapping clapping