Jess & Mase Anniversary & Family Trip Report 2013

Login or register to post comments
133 replies [Last post]
Mase's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2011
Posts: 5438
Jess & Mase Anniversary & Family Trip Report 2013

It's coming! Going to be testing a bit but here is the first video. Well have a different type of video tomorrow to see if you guys enjoy it. Lol


Watch "Goodies from Disney" on YouTube

Mase's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2011
Posts: 5438

Oh...also let me know if you can't see it. I have the video set to private but should be able to see if the link is present. Meaning you can't search for this video on YouTube. So let me know. Lol

BoBo713's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/16/2012
Posts: 380

Worked for me, viewing from my iPhone. The bands look cool, first time I've seen the underside of one. We've got to wait til we get to the resort until we get ours.

__________________

BoBo

"Live well, laugh loud & love much"

disneydoc's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/27/2012
Posts: 2415

I do not have mine yet, but it looks like I will be getting two also. One for AKL, and one for the 2 nights I move over to SS.

I wonder if Disney will ever reload those for new trips so that they do not have to incur the cost of a new band for each reservations? Would that be a logistical nightmare? Would it require a physical trip to the desk or Guest Services to load it? Could there be a "number" attached to your band that could be activated electronically with your current trip data? Hmmmm...

__________________

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker DIStickers.com Ticker

Mase's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2011
Posts: 5438

I'll check when I get home if there is a number on it. I was thinking this had to cost more than just key cards at this point. I'll do a video on just the magic band today in more detail for you guys.

Glad the video worked. Was worried. Lol

Mandy's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/18/2013
Posts: 2205

disneydoc wrote:
I do not have mine yet, but it looks like I will be getting two also. One for AKL, and one for the 2 nights I move over to SS.

I wonder if Disney will ever reload those for new trips so that they do not have to incur the cost of a new band for each reservations? Would that be a logistical nightmare? Would it require a physical trip to the desk or Guest Services to load it? Could there be a "number" attached to your band that could be activated electronically with your current trip data? Hmmmm...

Doc from what I've been told, I think Disney plans on re-using the bands because once the trip ends, the reservation on the bands end as well. Then you can just activate the new reservation to the band. This is from what I've been told and could change.

Mase's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2011
Posts: 5438

Alright. Here is a fun version. Honestly. I haven't even watched it yet. Thus could be a train wreck. Lol. But here ya go. I'm thinking of doing this as like a recap for each day but if it stinks... I won't bother. Lol

Watch "Let's get this Party STARTED! (Created with Magisto)" on YouTube

JoAnn C's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/20/2011
Posts: 5918

Looking forward to hearing about your trip. Hopefully, we'll be able to meet up while we're down there.

As far as the second video, my only suggestion would be to lower the volume on the music. It was hard to hear what you were saying over the music.

__________________

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Mase's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2011
Posts: 5438

JoAnn C wrote:
Looking forward to hearing about your trip. Hopefully, we'll be able to meet up while we're down there.

As far as the second video, my only suggestion would be to lower the volume on the music. It was hard to hear what you were saying over the music.

Cool. I finally got to watch it and I'll see what I can do about that. If I can I'll do them. If not I won't bother because of how long it takes and how much battery it takes on my phone.

Magic Mirror's picture
Offline
Joined: 09/18/2012
Posts: 2979

Awesome ! I muchlove Mase videos!

taratru's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/26/2012
Posts: 556

disneydoc wrote:
I do not have mine yet, but it looks like I will be getting two also. One for AKL, and one for the 2 nights I move over to SS.

I wonder if Disney will ever reload those for new trips so that they do not have to incur the cost of a new band for each reservations? Would that be a logistical nightmare? Would it require a physical trip to the desk or Guest Services to load it? Could there be a "number" attached to your band that could be activated electronically with your current trip data? Hmmmm...

I called and asked if we could transfer the second half of our stay onto the first band and they told me yes. But since I don't trust it yet, I went ahead and ordered the second set. I'll ask at check in if it's still possible, but I won't wait for a ton of time for it to happen.

__________________

Jess's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/04/2011
Posts: 3280

JoAnn C wrote:
Looking forward to hearing about your trip. Hopefully, we'll be able to meet up while we're down there.

As far as the second video, my only suggestion would be to lower the volume on the music. It was hard to hear what you were saying over the music.

That's the same exact thing I said about the music being to loud...lol

__________________

Jess's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/04/2011
Posts: 3280

disneydoc wrote:
I do not have mine yet, but it looks like I will be getting two also. One for AKL, and one for the 2 nights I move over to SS.

I wonder if Disney will ever reload those for new trips so that they do not have to incur the cost of a new band for each reservations? Would that be a logistical nightmare? Would it require a physical trip to the desk or Guest Services to load it? Could there be a "number" attached to your band that could be activated electronically with your current trip data? Hmmmm...

Yeah they will be reusing them and you don't have to take them anywhere to reload them...it is all done wirelessly....we already have our magic bands and i added the dining plan yesterday. I asked the lady how it got on there since we already have our bands...and she's like it's on there now....it's just like "magic".

__________________

Karlipants's picture
Offline
Joined: 09/02/2012
Posts: 456

I was wondering the same thing about the bands. Glad to have all that info now! Also, thanks for showing your names on the bands, I was wondering how that worked... I wasn't sure where they were going to be, although I knew they would be on there.

__________________

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow just a dream away"







http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/karli-and-marks-honeymoon-pre-trip-report

http://www.facebook.com/KarliInWonderland - My Disney Facebook page with live updates while i'm in the parks!

Jess's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/04/2011
Posts: 3280

Karlipants wrote:
I was wondering the same thing about the bands. Glad to have all that info now! Also, thanks for showing your names on the bands, I was wondering how that worked... I wasn't sure where they were going to be, although I knew they would be on there.

Also I don't know if you knew this or not but it doesn't have to be your name on there....You can put whatever you want...Like my daughters says Princess

__________________

Mase's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2011
Posts: 5438

Well... both of mine say Mase on it. But its very cool how customizable they can be. Just wish they would offer more colors. I know they have enough but when you have a family of six to eight going... it gets tight. If I can remember... ill do a more in depth video of them. They are pretty sweet. Especially what they do for children.

Mase's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2011
Posts: 5438

Here is the tour of the Magic Bands. Took a while to upload from home but here it is.

Watch "Magic Band Tour" on YouTube

crazycatperson's picture
Offline
Joined: 09/19/2011
Posts: 3709

"Kids' size." Heh. I might need "kids' size." If I peel out the colored part, it will just barely buckle. If I leave the black part on, I'll have the extra length wrapping nearly all the way around my wrist. Not sure what I'll end up doing with it.

Mine is blue, hubby's is green. They look quite nice together in the box, just as your red and pink bands do.

BoBo713's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/16/2012
Posts: 380

Thanks for the video tour, it was good to see all round them. How secure are they when they're on? I'm a bit of a big clumsy duffus and I'd hate for it to pop off and get lost.

__________________

BoBo

"Live well, laugh loud & love much"

Mase's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2011
Posts: 5438

BoBo713 wrote:
Thanks for the video tour, it was good to see all round them. How secure are they when they're on? I'm a bit of a big clumsy duffus and I'd hate for it to pop off and get lost.

They seem pretty secure. They use two notches to fasten it together instead of one. So they seem very secure once on.

Kris1971's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/10/2011
Posts: 2350

The guy that checked us in at the Beach Club said the bands are virtually indestructible - you can even swim and shower with them on. Cool!

__________________

Mase's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2011
Posts: 5438

Kris1971 wrote:
The guy that checked us in at the Beach Club said the bands are virtually indestructible - you can even swim and shower with them on. Cool!

Oh snap. Challenge accepted for when I get home! Heh

BoBo713's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/16/2012
Posts: 380

Thanks for the info, thought I might need to staple it to my wrist, just in case.

__________________

BoBo

"Live well, laugh loud & love much"

Mase's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2011
Posts: 5438

Watch "T-minus One Week! Getting Excited!" on YouTube

MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 8998

Looks like you got your videos down pat.

__________________

mickey Markmickey
Until our Christmas Holiday Trip

"To All Who Come to this Happy Place: Welcome"
"WARNING - you may experience sudden hunger from all the picture and talk of FOOD around here!"

Who's going to WDW or DL this year ? / Your most artistic Disney photo's /My Disney Fix / Tikiman Pages / Mrhubs Disney FaceBook Page / Other Webcams / Forum rules

http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/whos-going-walt-disney-world-or-disneyland-2017

Karlipants's picture
Offline
Joined: 09/02/2012
Posts: 456

So excited for the TR. I loved the updates and videos last time. So awesome!

Going back to the Magic Bands since I've been MIA for a few days... Being that the bands come apart to make them smaller for kids... Do they come apart easily? Does it seem like maybe one side would come apart and make it uncomfortable for an adult? Just curious... How strong the two sizes are bonded together... I would hope you really have to tug at them to come apart so that the adult size doesn't just fall apart from messing with it... I'm kind of antsy and always messing with my rings, bracelets, etc... out of habit... So the kid size adult size thing kind of got me wondering.....

Also, awesome that you can add your gift cards! What did you have to do, call and they added them for you? I wish there was a way to do all that online... Probably someday... And do you know if you can add cash to it? So that it becomes like a gift card? Cause that would be real awesome...

Just some thoughts..

__________________

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow just a dream away"







http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/karli-and-marks-honeymoon-pre-trip-report

http://www.facebook.com/KarliInWonderland - My Disney Facebook page with live updates while i'm in the parks!

Mandy's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/18/2013
Posts: 2205

Karlipants wrote:
So excited for the TR. I loved the updates and videos last time. So awesome!

Going back to the Magic Bands since I've been MIA for a few days... Being that the bands come apart to make them smaller for kids... Do they come apart easily? Does it seem like maybe one side would come apart and make it uncomfortable for an adult? Just curious... How strong the two sizes are bonded together... I would hope you really have to tug at them to come apart so that the adult size doesn't just fall apart from messing with it... I'm kind of antsy and always messing with my rings, bracelets, etc... out of habit... So the kid size adult size thing kind of got me wondering.....

Also, awesome that you can add your gift cards! What did you have to do, call and they added them for you? I wish there was a way to do all that online... Probably someday... And do you know if you can add cash to it? So that it becomes like a gift card? Cause that would be real awesome...

Just some thoughts..

The magicbands don't fall off easily. You have to really pull at them to get them off. I'm guessing it's the same once you make them child size as well.

Karlipants's picture
Offline
Joined: 09/02/2012
Posts: 456

Mandy wrote:

The magicbands don't fall off easily. You have to really pull at them to get them off. I'm guessing it's the same once you make them child size as well.

I know that they won't fall off... but because of there being two sizes that you manually pull apart, I was wondering if they come apart easily... Or if it takes a good tug to re size the band... lol, I think it's kinda hard to explain what i'm getting at... whoops lol

__________________

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow just a dream away"







http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/karli-and-marks-honeymoon-pre-trip-report

http://www.facebook.com/KarliInWonderland - My Disney Facebook page with live updates while i'm in the parks!

Mandy's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/18/2013
Posts: 2205

The nubs that hold the band in place (I think that's what your talking about) hold pretty tight. Unless you mean when you take off the grey part to make it child size.

Mase's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2011
Posts: 5438

mrhub wrote:
Looks like you got your videos down pat.

Yeah... Wanted to test the camera on the touch side. See how well it did, and it came out pretty well. Better than I thought.

As for the Magic Bands. Ill report about how easily or hard they tear apart when we do it. We haven't done that yet for our kids yet. As for the material... as in what its made out of... they are pretty strong. I think thats what your talking about?

As for the gift cards. Jess said supposedly you can do it online, but she hasn't tried yet. But I think if we do it, ill just have them do it at the check in or wherever they can... Lol

MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 8998

From my experience, the bands can come off if you catch them on something. My band came off several times during our trip.

__________________

mickey Markmickey
Until our Christmas Holiday Trip

"To All Who Come to this Happy Place: Welcome"
"WARNING - you may experience sudden hunger from all the picture and talk of FOOD around here!"

Who's going to WDW or DL this year ? / Your most artistic Disney photo's /My Disney Fix / Tikiman Pages / Mrhubs Disney FaceBook Page / Other Webcams / Forum rules

http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/whos-going-walt-disney-world-or-disneyland-2017