June 2019 Water Parks Fun & More Trip

Login to post comments
18 posts / 0 new
Allie's picture
June 2019 Water Parks Fun & More Trip

We are FINALLY under 60 days out so time for a trip report! Last time I was in a park was in October which feels like it has been foooooorever since I took 5 trips down on our annual pass last year eek Needless to say, we're ready for some Disney World! This trip will just be myself, DH, and DD age 5 who is SUPER excited to be tall enough for Flight of Passage this trip (Soarin' is her favorite ride so I know she's going to become obsessed with FOP), and a bit nervous to be trying Expedition Everest and Space Mountain but she says she's going to do it so here's hoping that she loves them as much as I do! She LOVES Big Thunder Mountain and is kind of a little daredevil, but she also sometimes convinces herself that she's scared of stuff that she actually likes (Slinky Dog Dash she wanted to go back on immediately when we got off, but when we brought her back later in the afternoon she said she was too scared...) so I have no idea if she'll actually want to go on when we get there or, if she does, how it will go over.

This will be our first time doing the water parks so any tips y'all have we are open to! Penny loves the water, and water slides are her jam so I'm thinking she's going to love it. We have the standard dining plan the first 3 nights of our trip and the deluxe dining plan the last 4 nights and it will be our first time on deluxe. Everything in bold below will be a first for us.

Saturday, June 15th

Flight lands at 10:50am

Magical Express to Caribbean Beach to check in, get some lunch at Spyglass Grill, and play in the pool and drinks at Banana Cabana. Caribbean Beach was my first on property stay with Jon back in 2012 on our first trip together. We were pretty meh about it then, but that was way before any of the refurbs and we never checked out the pool so I'm excited for our stay and going in with an open mind. A little bummed the Skyliner won't be open yet but it is what it is.

Dinner at Sebastian's Bistro at 7pm

Sunday, June 16th

Breakfast at Centertown Market (that strawberry guava french toast is calling my name)

Typhoon Lagoon rope drop

Leaning Palms, Snack Shack, or Typhoon Tilly's for lunch

Fantasia Gardens in the afternoon

Back to the hotel for a shower/rest

The Edison at 7:00pm

Monday, June 17th

Blizzard Beach rope drop

Avalunch or Lottawatta Lodge for lunch

Winter Summerland in the afternoon

Back to the hotel for a shower/rest

Artist Point Storybook Dining at 7:05pm

Tuesday, June 18th

Hollywood & Vine Fantasmic reservation at 8am - sign Penny up for Jedi Training on our way in

Aim to rope drop Slinky Dog Dash and Alien Swirling Saucers depending on how long breakfast takes, otherwise we'll cross our fingers for a FastPass later on

Toy Story Midway Mania FastPass 9:05am to 10:05am

Meet Mike and Sully

Voyage of the Little Mermaid FastPass 10:05am to 10:20am (but we may skip this one)

Meet Edna Mode

Disney Jr Dance Party FastPass 11:00am to 11:15am

Lightening McQueen's Racing Academy

Snack credits for lunch

Aiming for a 12:40pm or 1:10pm Jedi Training Academy time slot

Back to the hotel for rest/check in as we switch to All Star Music today (super nervous about this one)

Narcoosee's at 5:30pm

Back to Hollywood Studios for Fantasmic at 9pm

Wednesday, June 19th

Tusker House at 8:05am

Rope drop Kilimanjaro Safaris

Flight of Passage FastPass 9:00am to 10:00am

Expedition Everest FastPass 10:10am to 11:10am

Kali River Rapids FastPass 11:10am to 12:10pm

Snack credits for lunch

Back to the hotel for rest/pool time

Be Our Guest dinner at 7:30pm - haven't done this one since it switched to 2 credit meal

Possibly Happily Ever After at 9:15pm

Thursday, June 20th

Sleep in day!

Lunch at Terralina Crafted Italian at 11:30am

Disney Springs shopping and back to the hotel for rest/pool time

Planning on getting Villains After Hours tickets for tonight which would allow us into Magic Kingdom at 7pm with the party from 10pm to 1am

Cinderella's Royal Table at 8:15pm so we can be inside the castle during the fireworks

Friday, June 21st

Another sleep in day after a 1am park close. We have FastPasses first thing in the morning but will likely skip the first two

Intermission Food Court for breakfast

Journey Into Imagination FastPass 9:05am to 10:05am

Spaceship Earth FastPass 10:05am to 11:05am

Frozen Ever After FastPass 11:10am to 12:10pm

Snack credits for lunch

Le Cellier at 5:15pm

Possibly head over to Animal Kingdom that evening for Kilimanjaro Safaris and Tree of Life Awakenings because I really want to see the new Lion King showings

Saturday, June 22nd

Departure day Sad

Get suitcases down to bell services and then attempt to rope drop Magic Kingdom

Seven Dwarfs Mine Train FastPass 9am to 10am

Big Thunder Mountain FastPass 10am to 11am

Grand Floridian Cafe at 11:05am

Splash Mountain FastPass 12:05pm to 1:05pm

Flight home at 6:50pm so anticipating a 4pm-ish Magical Express pick up

We're going hard per usual but also planning a rest time in the afternoons most days. Jon and I did a 4th of July trip this past year but this will be Penny's first time in the intense Florida heat so we're ready to play it by ear and switch stuff up as we need to.

Kristen K.'s picture

That all sounds fantastic! I love that you are doing both Water Parks muchlove But then, I've been swimsuit shopping today so I have pools on the brain.

Spook's picture

Sounds like a great trip!

JMed's picture

Sounds amazing as usual, y'all sure do pack in a lot when you go!!!!

I just read something about the Edison and a special discount thru August maybe. I've searched and searched for it, if I find it I will let you know.

I can't remember if it was AP or DVC... But it was for the Edison, Maria and Enzo's and Enzo's Hideaway...

"I do not like the cone of shame."

"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell."

"It seems to me that we have a lot of story yet to tell."

Jennifer Huotari | Create Your Badge

The Huotari's Disney Adventures | Promote Your Page Too

Allie's picture

JMed wrote:
Sounds amazing as usual, y'all sure do pack in a lot when you go!!!!

I just read something about the Edison and a special discount thru August maybe. I've searched and searched for it, if I find it I will let you know.

I can't remember if it was AP or DVC... But it was for the Edison, Maria and Enzo's and Enzo's Hideaway...

Yeah I saw that, too. Unfortunately we aren't annual passholders this trip Sad( But we do have the dining plan so our credit will cover!

Allie's picture

So I've been stressing about staying at All Star Music on a trip when we're going to be taking more mid-day breaks in the room and pool so I finally broke down and upgraded us. Saratoga Springs was all that was still available under my discount so there we are! We stayed there for a week in a two-bedroom back on Penny's first trip and we really liked it, but I don't feel like we took full advantage of the pools and we only ate at Turf Club so we'll use the opportunity to checkout more of the resort while we are there. I'm still kind of hoping to check another resort off our list that we haven't stayed at, so I'll be calling daily between now and 30 days out to see if anything else opens up, but for now I'm relieved to be at SSR over ASM. I'm keeping it a surprise from Jon and Penny...Jon will be absolutely thrilled as he has been dreading another All Star laugh

Kristen K.'s picture

I really love SSR muchlove I know a lot of people don't think that it has enough themeing and looks too much like an apartment complex. I find it very comfortable, and the themeing is actually right on point for the area that it is supposed to be in. I've also never had bad service there no matter what I needed. You guys will be perfectly comfy!

Allie's picture

Villains After Dark tickets are purchased and Magical Express tags are here! Now we're just waiting for Magic Bands to arrive so Jon can start painting them! yay

Allie wrote:
Villains After Dark tickets are purchased and Magical Express tags are here! Now we're just waiting for Magic Bands to arrive so Jon can start painting them! yay

Yay!!!! Would love to see pics of the magic bands after Jon paints them if you are willing to share!!!

Allie's picture

JeffC wrote:
Allie wrote:

Yay!!!! Would love to see pics of the magic bands after Jon paints them if you are willing to share!!!

Of course! Here are some past ones.

Kristen K.'s picture

I love the stain glass rose Mickey.

Those are awesome!!!!!! What kind of paint do you use? Joe hates you in advance for this one..... rolling

JoAnn C's picture

Allie - I said this before and I'll say this again.... I wish we lived closer so I can have Jon paint one (or more) of my magic bands.

Allie's picture

I'm super lucky that he's so talented and patient and willing to do these because mine would be a complete joke! Plus it's so fun to have a different band each time since we would have already exhausted all the color options. He just gets acrylic paint from the craft store and outlines are normally done in sharpie. He then uses some sort of spray over them to protect them from cracking...I'll double check tonight what it's called. If we wear the same one for multiple trips then some of them eventually do crack or peel a little bit, but overall they usually hold up really well.

Your MB are fab, what did he use to fix them?

Allie's picture

Two days to go! Suitcases are almost entirely packed up other then a few last minute items. I took the day off work tomorrow to watch Penny play the Purple Dwarf in her theater camp's adaption of Snow White and then she and I are going to drive down to the cities to play at her favorite park and pick up Punch Pizza for dinner because it is tradition before every Disney vacation. Below are the Magic Bands. First two are Penny's, second two are mine, and third two are Jon's. I totally forgot to take a picture of the spray he uses so I'll try and remember to do it tonigh.

Kristen K.'s picture

Allie I lurve your MagicBands! I'm not sure if I love splash mountain or the tightrope walker more. Jon did an amazing job on them, as always.

JoAnn C's picture

I love the tightrope walker.