WOO HOO! I just bought my tickets for MNSSHP this morning.

Login to post comments
28 posts / 0 new
Kris1971's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/10/2011
Posts: 2350
WOO HOO! I just bought my tickets for MNSSHP this morning.

It will be my first time attending, and I'm really excited. I'm going to get the whole family (all 7 of us) to dress up. Its going to be a total blast. The only thing I don't like about buying the tickets in advance is the whole not knowing what the weather is going to be for that day, but there is only one day we can go that week, so I'd rather have the tickets than take my chances that they might be sold out when we get there.

Also, I'm open to costume suggestions...since there will be 7 of us, I was thinking we could go as the dwarfs but that's probably been overdone. Pirates was another option my nephew through out. Anybody have any other ideas? Something simple to pull together and comfortable to walk around and ride rides in. Thanks!

__________________

MrHub's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 9485

Go as a Dole Whip! rolling rolling rolling

Offline
Joined: 09/12/2010
Posts: 4703

WOO HOO!!!!! YAY!!!! Now that is awesome!

mrhub wrote:
Go as a Dole Whip! rolling rolling rolling

That's funny!

rolling rolling rolling rolling rolling rolling

I think the pirate thing would be fun. I remember when we were there in 2009 it was so stinkin' hot and humid, so I would have kept it light because of that.

Jess's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/04/2011
Posts: 3280

LOL...love mr.hub's suggestion of a Dole whip but I'm not sure how easy to do that would be....I think the seven dwarfs is a good idea and don't think it's been overdone

__________________

JoAnn C's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/20/2011
Posts: 6749

yay!! One of these years I'm going to go to the party.

__________________

DIStickers.com Ticker

DIStickers.com Ticker

Spook's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/27/2012
Posts: 2786

JoAnn C wrote:
yay!! One of these years I'm going to go to the party.

Me too! I was hoping to go this year but we're going in November now. Fingers crossed for next year Smile
I like the seven dwarfs idea too! Or you could be different colored crayons or M&M's

Kristen K.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 09/01/2011
Posts: 23740

Yay! You'll all have so much fun! I love the Dole Whip idea, but how?

Lizzy_B's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/25/2010
Posts: 3246

mrhub wrote:
Go as a Dole Whip! rolling rolling rolling

I think this is a great idea! I mean, honestly, all you would have to do is don one of those beautiful new t shirts with some khaki shorts, and maybe some pineapple earrings!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/06/a-glimpse-at-disney-parks-merchandise-on-the-horizon/

I am so excited for you!

__________________

Offline
Joined: 10/29/2009
Posts: 1905

yay
You are going to LOVE it!!! So far it is my favorite special event to attend. (This may or may not change after we do the MVMCP this year for the first time) I can not wait to see what you come up with for costumes. We have never went in costume. It has always been way to hot for me to even consider it.

Kris1971's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/10/2011
Posts: 2350

scrappy wrote:
yay
You are going to LOVE it!!! So far it is my favorite special event to attend. (This may or may not change after we do the MVMCP this year for the first time) I can not wait to see what you come up with for costumes. We have never went in costume. It has always been way to hot for me to even consider it.

I'm worried about the weather/heat so I'm trying to come up with something that is comfortable and won't get in the way of the rides. Last year when DH and I were in WDW (same trip we met you and Mr. Hub), we were on the monorail coming back from the Kona Cafe and when the monorail stopped at the Grand Floridian a entire family (probably 10 of them) got on in full halloween costumes. They looked fantastic and I said at that moment, that if I ever do go to MNSSHP, I want to dress up. So this year is my chance. We'll see. I was thinking we could be chimney sweeps too. Just black pants a white t-shirt and a black vest with those cute newsboy hats and some soot on our faces. Keep those ideas coming folks!

__________________

Jess's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/04/2011
Posts: 3280

Kris1971 wrote:
scrappy wrote:
yay
You are going to LOVE it!!! So far it is my favorite special event to attend. (This may or may not change after we do the MVMCP this year for the first time) I can not wait to see what you come up with for costumes. We have never went in costume. It has always been way to hot for me to even consider it.

I'm worried about the weather/heat so I'm trying to come up with something that is comfortable and won't get in the way of the rides. Last year when DH and I were in WDW (same trip we met you and Mr. Hub), we were on the monorail coming back from the Kona Cafe and when the monorail stopped at the Grand Floridian a entire family (probably 10 of them) got on in full halloween costumes. They looked fantastic and I said at that moment, that if I ever do go to MNSSHP, I want to dress up. So this year is my chance. We'll see. I was thinking we could be chimney sweeps too. Just black pants a white t-shirt and a black vest with those cute newsboy hats and some soot on our faces. Keep those ideas coming folks!

That would be so cute Kris

__________________

Ryry991's picture
Offline
Joined: 01/11/2012
Posts: 216

What day are you going? My bf and I are going as Vikings on 10/16!!

Kris1971's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/10/2011
Posts: 2350

Ryry991 wrote:
What day are you going? My bf and I are going as Vikings on 10/16!!

Darn...we're going to miss you by two days. We're doing the 18th. The 16th is our arrival day and I was afraid my niece and nephew would be too tired to stay up late on the first day (especially since our flight leaves Philadelphia at 7:00 AM).

__________________

Ryry991's picture
Offline
Joined: 01/11/2012
Posts: 216

Aww bummer! Don't blame ya though!

Melissa W's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/28/2011
Posts: 560

I'm so excited for you...it's my favorite time of the year to go. I'll have to keep thinking of costume ideas. I do love the pirates idea.

Kris1971's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/10/2011
Posts: 2350

Ryry991 wrote:
Aww bummer! Don't blame ya though!

We'll have to exchange cell numbers as we get closer to our trip. It would be great to meet up, say hi and get a picture to share with our forum friends!

__________________

Ryry991's picture
Offline
Joined: 01/11/2012
Posts: 216

Kris1971 wrote:
Ryry991 wrote:
Aww bummer! Don't blame ya though!

We'll have to exchange cell numbers as we get closer to our trip. It would be great to meet up, say hi and get a picture to share with our forum friends!

Yes! Definitely!

prttynpnk's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/20/2012
Posts: 8

We're going on the 18th too- I lvoe that you have a large group- how about Toy story characters?

Kris1971's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/10/2011
Posts: 2350

prttynpnk wrote:
We're going on the 18th too- I lvoe that you have a large group- how about Toy story characters?

Are you planning to go in costume?

__________________

Nancy D's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/29/2012
Posts: 754

Fun! Fun! Fun!

I think the Dole Whip idea is HIGH-larious, esp with Lizzy_B's suggestion about the t-shirts with the pineapple earrings! There's a Sunshine Bird tee, too, so someone could be the Citrus Swirl! Smile

We went last year as the cast of Toy Story (took the kids), and we rode the bus with ALL of the Haunted Mansion Ghosts....they. were. AWESOME. There were about 10 of them, kids included, and everyone was ENAMORED.

JustCar's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/24/2010
Posts: 1042

MNSSHP was just wonderful, we just had matching anniversary t-shirts.

for the dole whip I'm seeing doggie cones some how.

__________________

Oct 2009 POP
Sept 2011 POP
Oct 2013 Coronado
May 2014 AKL , Magic, AoA Girlie Trip
Oct 2014 CBR Pirate Room Girlie Trip
Nov 2014 DCL Fantasy 7 Night Eastern Caribbean, Girlie Trip, POR Royal Guest Suite, GF Concierge
August 2015 DCL Magic 7 Night Mediterranean
October 2015 DL Grand Californian, DCL Wonder Panama Canal

https://www.facebook.com/MsBubbles
https://www.facebook.com/MVTRavel

Kris1971's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/10/2011
Posts: 2350

Its amazing what a little Disney magic can do for a bad day. I was feeling a bit blue yesterday when in the afternoon I checked the mail and low and behold my tickets to the MNSSHP had arrived. Brightened my day immediately!

PreviewAttachmentSize
2012-06-19_09-57-31_970.jpg
2012-06-19_09-57-31_970.jpg406.89 KB
__________________

Lizzy_B's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/25/2010
Posts: 3246

Nancy D wrote:
Fun! Fun! Fun!

I think the Dole Whip idea is HIGH-larious, esp with Lizzy_B's suggestion about the t-shirts with the pineapple earrings! There's a Sunshine Bird tee, too, so someone could be the Citrus Swirl! Smile

We went last year as the cast of Toy Story (took the kids), and we rode the bus with ALL of the Haunted Mansion Ghosts....they. were. AWESOME. There were about 10 of them, kids included, and everyone was ENAMORED.

Thanks, Nancy!

Kris, you are right to prepare for heat - or at least humidity. You just never know. The year we did MNSSHP, it was stifling, and no wind was moving. I was so worried it would be like that last year for the Wine&Dine Half, but it turned out to be absolutely perfect, perfect weather (coolish, no humidity.) Plan for the worst, hope for the best Smile That's why I like an outfit that's not a full blown costume. Then, you'll still be comfy.

Btw, my daughter, who was 4 at the time, went in her Alice dress. It was a good option over one of the floppy princess dresses. MUCH cooler.

I can't wait to see pics and hear details. This is gonna be SUCH a fun trip!

__________________

Offline
Joined: 08/20/2011
Posts: 397

Last year we saw a group dressed as the Imagination movers...they looked amazing. We had to double take them to make sure it wasn't really them. hahaha.My husband and I just got our tickets for the 21st and we want to dress up ...well sort of dress up ..nothing crazy but have zero ideas.

Mase's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/02/2011
Posts: 5438

I would so wear a blue jump suit and pretend to be a mover! That'd be awesome! Get me some wobble goggles!

__________________

- 2013 Trip Report!
- My Int3ractiv3 Trip R3port '12 - CLICK HERE!
[url='http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/pick-mases-dinner-disney']- My Interactive Trip Report '11[/url]

Kris1971's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/10/2011
Posts: 2350

You guys/gals rock with these costume ideas! Keep `em coming!

__________________

DisneyDee27's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/02/2012
Posts: 1600

We're going 10/23 I've been a pirate the last few items at MNSSHP. I may do something with a red curly wig and my kilt in honor of Brave.
Your going to have a lovely time.
Dee

__________________

Member of the 6 castle club and working to pay for my next Disney vacations: 1/5-10/18, September 2018 for my 50th and 2018 the year of Disney cruising.

Kris1971's picture
Offline
Joined: 08/10/2011
Posts: 2350

DisneyDee27 wrote:
We're going 10/23 I've been a pirate the last few items at MNSSHP. I may do something with a red curly wig and my kilt in honor of Brave.
Your going to have a lovely time.
Dee

I'm so bummed we're going to miss each other by a few days. I would have loved to say "Hi" in person!

__________________